Apply Anila Bhagya Scheme Yojane In karnataka for BPL (Free LPG Gas Connection) 2018 Application Process
The Karnataka state government has announced its plans to launch the new Anila Bhagya scheme. This is an LPG scheme for families that are below the poverty line. This is different from the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana scheme that has been established by the Central Government for many of the same purposes. The scheme will officially be released in the middle part of July.
The scheme is free to access and will provide free LPG connections to those who qualify and apply for access to it. It is specifically for BPL card holders. All families that qualify for it will receive the cooking fuel that they require. This helps them with staying healthy and protected as the risk of harm from the use of standard fossil fuels will be eliminated.
Eligibility Criteria And Documents
- If an applicant belongs from the BPL category of the Karnataka state, they will be eligible to avail the facilities of Anila Bhagya scheme. Citizens of other states and other categories won’t be eligible.
- If anybody wants to avail the free LPG connection facilities, they will have to own a unique identification card provided by the government which is also known as Aadhar Card.
- If any applicant has already availed the facilities of the scheme named Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana, they won’t be eligible for the free LP connection under Anila Bhagya Scheme. The name of every applicant will be checked against the data named Socio Economic Cast Census (SECC) which was created in 2011.
Keys About the Scheme
Several additional keys can be seen through the scheme. This particularly relates to costs and additional features that will be provided to those who get into the scheme in particular:
- A BPL card is all that a person needs in order to get into the scheme. This can be applied for quickly through proper access to a local government office for extra help.
- A gas stove will be offered to all those who get into the scheme. Details on what the particular stove has to offer have not yet been released to the public.
- The state government will cover the general cost of the scheme. There will not be any central assistance provided either. This allows for the coverage plan on the scheme to be fully simplified.
When Will It Be Released?
The Anila Bhagya scheme is expected to be released at some point in July. The state government will be responsible for informing the public about when it will be open and how people can qualify to get into it. This is to allow people to get into the scheme as soon as possible so they can benefit from what it offers.
- The People of urban areas will be able to submit their application to the nearest Gram Panchayat to get free LPG connection. The people living in urban areas will have to visit the respective ward office of the area and they will have to submit their application there.
- A data list named SECC-2011 will be used to check the authenticity of the applications. If anybody applies for free LPG connection, the data will provide information of the beneficiary and the authorities thus will be able to know if the applicants have been granted the free connection before. If any applicant applies twice, their application will be rejected and they will not get the free LPG connection.
Update On 17 Feb 2018
New Mukhya Mantri Anila Bhagya Yojana
In one of the Major announcements made by the Karnataka state Chief Minister was to help the state, especially the rural areas get free from smoke generated at the time of burning coal stoves or other such stoves. The CM has introduced the new Mukhya Mantri Anila Bhagya Yojana. Under the new scheme launched state wide in the new budget session, the CM aims at offering the benefit to over 30 lakh people of the state. Under the new scheme the CM has already announced that a set budget of Rs 1350 crore will be spent to each beneficiary under the scheme. The government has announced to distribute each beneficiary with a LPG gas connection along with Gas stove (Twin Burner type). The government will also provide the beneficiaries with refill gas cylinders for free.