Biju Yuva Sashaktikaran Yojana in Odisha 2018-19 (Free Laptop Tablet Distribution Scheme to Meritorious Students) Eligibilty Criteria, Application Form Process, Check Students Beneficiary List, Guideline, Laptop Specifications
Education will pave the path for future success of the candidates. When more and more students get encouragement to pursue education, the overall literacy rate and development of the state will rise. With this view, Odisha government is all set to release the Biju Yuva Sashaktikaran Yojana beneficiary list for 2018 – 2019. Under this scheme, all meritorious students, passing 12th standard will receive free tablet or laptop from the state government.
Launch details of the scheme
|Scheme name||Biju Yuva Sashaktikaran Yojana in Odisha (Free Laptop scheme)|
|Announced by||Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik|
|Monitored and coordinated by||Odisha Higher Education Department|
|Beneficiary||+2 Meritorious Students|
Key features of the scheme
- Development of students – With this project, state authority will offer meritorious candidates with assistance. The laptop will help them in their journey to attain higher education degrees.
- Benefits of the scheme – Under this developmental project, all selected candidates will stand a chance of getting a free tablet or laptop from the Odisha state government.
- Total number of beneficiaries – It has been mentioned in the scheme draft that higher education department will publish the names of 15000 deserving candidates.
- Division of laptops – Selected arts stream candidate will receive 5445 tablets or laptops, while the number will be 6969 for science stream candidates. 1196 candidates will be chosen from commerce section. 200 and 390 laptops will be offered to vocational and Sanskrit subject candidates respectively.
- Delivery and distribution of laptops – The IT department of the state will have the responsibility of delivering these free tablets and laptops to the 30 Nodal centers. From here, selected candidates can collect their laptops or tablets.
- Last laptop collecting date – The last date for first list candidates, to collect their laptop is by 31st December, 2018.
- Publication of supplementary list – Once all candidates, featured in the first list get their laptops, state government will also release another supplementary list. The names of students, highlighted in this new list will have until 31st January, 2019 to get their laptops from principals.
- Residential criterion – As the scheme has been developed and funded by the Odisha government, it is obvious that only those people will be selected who are legal residents of the state are.
- Only for class 12 students – The scheme will only offer free laptop or tablet to the students who get good marks in the final examination of 12th
- Marks related criterion – The state government hand announced that only those students will be selected who managed to score 70% or more in the final examination. But this cutoff may be changed if deemed fit by the state higher education authority.
- Age related criterion – It has been mentioned in the scheme details that all students must fall within the age bracket of 18 years and 25 years. Students below and above this mark will be left out of this scheme.
- Education boards selected under the scheme – All students who applied for the final CHSE examination will be taken into consideration. Apart from this, Shree Jagannath Sanskrit University has also been included in this scheme. Only those candidates who receive the Upashastri degree will be considered under this project.
Documents required for application
- Residential documents – As the scheme only allows students living in Odisha to get the benefits of this project, all selected students have to submit their legal residential certificates.
- Aadhar card – A photocopy of the Aadhar Card will allow scrutiny officers to check all identification details of the candidates.
- Certificate from the education board – Students will have to submit a board certificate, collected from the respective schools.
- Mark sheet of 12th standard – Due to the presence of the mark criterion, selected students need to offer a photocopy of the 12th final examination mark sheet to support their claims.
- Age proof – As there is an age related criterion, all students need to offer a valid age proof. Their birth certificates or exam hall admit cards, which contain birth date will suffice.
- Caste certificate – In case the students belong to SC, ST or OBC, then they need to furnish such papers to support their claims. A copy of the caste certificate is a must along with other papers.
- Information of a relative – In case the selected students will not be able to reach to the office in person to collect his/her free laptop, then any relative can do that on his/her behalf. For this, the student must make an application, stating the reason for his/her absence. The relative must produce proper ID to pass the scrutiny.
How to apply for the scheme?
This is one scheme where candidates need not take any step for application. The state higher education department will collect information from the schools. Once the department gets all the required data, it will prepare the merit list and upload it on the official site of the scheme.
How to check beneficiary Students list?
- The list of beneficiaries will be uploaded by the state authority in July 2018.
- Students can check the beneficiary list to see whether they stand a chance to get free laptop or tablet. For checking the beneficiary list, all candidates need to click on the link http://dheodisha.gov.in/Higher-Education/.
- On the page, there is a link marked as “Free Laptop Distribution Scheme 2018 – 2019. To get necessary information, applicants need to click on this link.
- Then they need to click on another link that is marked as “Merit List”
- Clicking the link will trigger the site to produce the merit list. Then candidates need to search for their name and see whether it is in the list of not. Dritect link http://dheodisha.gov.in/laptop17-18/index.htm
Gudeline official link http://dheodisha.gov.in/laptop17-18/Laptop_Guideline.pdf
Laptop Specification –
Will Update you soon.
It is state initiatives like these that offer young students the much-needed boost to pursue their education. Laptops and tables are essential tools for higher education. It will also allow candidates to get in touch with modernization and digitization. Thus, developmental schemes like will these will come in handy to increase the overall education standard in the state.
Other Articles –
- Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme
- Biju Swasthya kalyan Yojana Odisha
- Pradhan Mantri Vaya Vandana Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Atal Pension Yojana