Apply Online Captain Smart Connect Free Smartphone Scheme registration | Free Smartphone Scheme in Punjab with Free Data and Voice Calls by Congress (Punjabi), Official Website
Free is good, free is fun! But, you don’t get anything for free now-a-days, do you? How about a free smartphone that comes with free calling facilities and free 3G data for a complete year? Doesn’t that sound surreal? Guess what? It is not magic and it is not a hoax. This announcement comes straight from CM Candidate of Punjab, India. By year 2017, the Punjab Government (not the existing one) plans on offering 50 lakhs free smartphones with free calling and data facilities to the youth of Punjab. That’s a bummer for rest of India but great news for Punjabi youth.
This plan by the CM Candidate of Punjab and is known as Captain Smart Connect Free Smartphone Scheme. Saanje Supne (as the scheme is known in Punjab) is an important step from Punjab Government is similar to another scheme that went online by the name Samajwadi Smartphone Scheme. However, there is a catch to this. There is no need to be so happy right away.
A Catch – No Need to be Happy
There is an important condition to this scheme. The scheme is not yet online and as we have mentioned, the announcement was actually made by Congress candidate for the post of Chief Minister for 2017 elections. Captain Amrinder Singh – the Congress candidate running for Punjab’s CM post stated that if Congress makes the government in 2017, only then the scheme will become operational.
Captain Amrinder Singh stated that in case he becomes the CM of Punjab, the promised smartphones will be delivered to successful registrants within 100 days from the date when he becomes CM.
Ugly but true – that’s a cheap card played by Congress candidate to woo the youth of Punjab. Instead of offering free smartphones, he could have offered guaranteed jobs or something better. Unfortunately, that’s possibly looks too far-fetched for Congress candidates now.
Irrespective of our opinion, Punjab youth may actually fall for this and in case you want a free smartphone under this scheme, you need to register for it right now. How will you do so? Let’s find out…
Registering for Captain Smart Connect Free Smartphone Scheme
In case you think that a smartphone is what you need so badly, here is what you need to do:
- Go to this website: http://captainsmartconnect.com/
- Find the ‘Register’ button and click on it.
- You will be asked for a number of details which include your name, your gender, your father’s name, your date of birth, your existing mobile number, one working email ID, your district etc.
- Once you provide the necessary details, you need to click on the button which reads ‘Register Now’.
- Once you click on the ‘Register Now’ button, the website will send a “One Time Password” or OTP to the mobile number you provided. You need to input the OTP to the space provided on the screen in website. In case you didn’t receive your OTP, you can click on the ‘Resend OTP’ button and a new OTP will be sent to you.
- Once you enter the OTP, you need to click on the ‘Verify’ button. If you have entered the correct OTP, your mobile number will be successfully verified.
- Upon successful verification of your mobile number, you will receive one SMS which will be basically a congratulation message for successful verification. In addition to that, the SMS will also contain the application ID.
- On the screen of your computer, you will be shown a congratulation message on the website itself. That message will only state that an SMS has been sent to you along with your application ID.
That’s all! There are no more steps for registering. However, do remember that in case you delete the SMS that you receive, your application ID will be lost and you may eventually end up being disqualified from the scheme. So, keep the SMS safe.
Eligibility Conditions for Captain Smart Connect Free Smartphone Scheme
There are several conditions that one needs to fulfill to be able to participate in this scheme. These conditions are mentioned below in a tabular format for easy understanding.
|Age||The applicant needs to be at least 18 years old and no older than 35 years. This 18-35 age group is a condition because the scheme is for youth of Punjab. Age proof will be asked for at a later stage if the scheme goes live.|
|Residence status||Only those who live in Punjab should apply. Any other application will not be accepted. Residence proof has to be provided later.|
|Educational qualification||The applicant needs to be 10th pass. Anyone who doesn’t satisfy this condition will be disqualified. A proof of this has to be provided later.|
|Annual income requirement||The applicant’s income should not exceed INR 6 lakhs in a year. An income proof has to be provided later.|
Last Dates to Keep in Mind?
Yes! There are dates that you need to keep in mind. Though the scheme has not yet been launched and no one actually knows whether the scheme will ever be launched or not but registrations have opened and they will close soon. So, there are basically two dates one need to keep in mind:
Date when registration begins: November 20, 2016
Date when registration closes: November 30, 2016
The conclusion is plain and simple! It is a very cheap move. Giving smartphones for free cannot be counted as doing something for the development of Punjab. It all depends on the youth of Punjab. In case they are more into materialistic benefits then yes, this scheme is solid and a free smartphone with free 3G data and free calling for one complete year sounds really cool.
Who will pay for the cost for 50-lakh such connections? No one else other than the Punjabi people. They will pay taxes and the government will use the money to give free smartphones instead of using the money for development work or for something better. Free education would have been nice! Subsidized utility services would have been really good!
In the worst-case scenario, the state government might turn to the Union government for financial aid to run this scheme and hence, put pressure on people of the nation as a whole. Even worse? Scams! Many mobile operators will fight for this scheme and scams might become rampant.
So, friends of Punjab, think before you act! Be wise, be responsible. Smartphones don’t give progress. They are just luxury items!