CBSE Udaan For Girls| Apply| Notification | Features | Application Form | Eligibility Criteria | Seat Distribution
In India there are many girl students who are unable to get proper training and exam preparation for engineering entrance exam. Due to this they are unable to crack the entrance exam and so cannot get admission in top engineering colleges. To help such girls, UDAAN has been introduced by CBSE
|S.No||All you need to know about UDAAN by CBSE||Detailed Information|
|1||The main motive behind the launch of UDDAN by CBSE?||The CBSE has taken strong initiatives by launching UDAAN to boost the girls from schoolings to post schooling professional which are related to science and math subjects. The main focus would be on girls who can’t make to higher studies because of financial issues.|
|2||Girls part in higher professional education after schoolings||In India the participants of girls in higher professional educational like Engineering is much lower when compared with all other developing nation. In fact the percentage girls in engineering studies are about 23% when compared to the opposite gender 77% of boys.|
|3||What are all provided under UDAAN program to girls?||Under UDAAN scheme launched by CBSE, the beneficiaries would receive proper study materials along with coaching to crack the entrance exams for entering to professional educations.|
|4||The Role played by CBSE in boosting girls to enter in professional education.||CBSE offers free and various study resources in online for all its students and beneficiaries of UDAAN scheme to score high marks in entrance exams for professional educations.|
|5||Other Benefits and Eligibility||Apart from those study resources and coaching girls under UDAAN program would receive financial support after entering in NIT and other top level colleges, also will receive free tablets for all girls. In order to avail benefits from UDAAN program, girl must be from the family which has the annual income of below 6 Lakh|
CBSE Udaan Key Features
- CBSE Udaan is a platform which providesadequate assistance and training to pass the entrance exams to the deserving and aspiring girls of the country who want to make their career in engineering.
- The training will be given for free. The program not just helps students to pass entrance exam, but also aims on strengthening mathematics and science education at school level, especially among girls.
- All the study materials, tutorials, and lecture videos will be available online, so that the girl students can access them at their ease. Only selected students will be able to access the study materials.
- Under this initiative, 1000 girl students will be selected on merit basis every year and then they will be provided with complete assistance for appearing the engineering entrance exam.
CBSE Udaan Application Form
The main aim of this program is to increase the number of girls’ participation in engineering colleges. For getting an admission in engineering colleges, proper preparation and assistance is required which are offered by CBSE Udaan.
How to Apply online & offline
The process of application involves both online and offline work. The application forms are available online, which has to be filled and submitted by the girl student.
- Get the form signed by parents and school principal
- Get the verification certificateissued and signed by respective school principal
- Get photo copy of documents such as- Family’s annual income certificate, reservation certificate, and Class 10 mark sheet, and get it signed by the Principal.
Once you have all this, take them to the chosen CBSE centre (the brochure has the list of centers under this program) and submit the form and the documents to the city coordinator. You will be then given anacknowledgement receipt which will be required for future reference.
Seat Distribution in the Scheme
- Under this scheme, 1000 female students will be selected each, and will be provided with training. The selection will be done on merit basis. Preference will be given to female students belonging to economically poor families.
- Once the student has been selected for the program, she will be given access to an online portal which has all the study material for subjects like Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Students will also be given financial support in the following case-
- The student has minimum of 75% attendance in Udaan weekly assessment
- If the student gets admission in centrally funded engineering institutes
- If the student’s performance has been remarkable during Udaan training process.
- Under this program the reservation will be 15% for SC, 27% for OBC, 7.5% for ST, 3% for PWD
CBSE Udaan Notification
All the latest notification and information regarding the program and the dates, is available online. Students may visit www.cbse.nic.in to get the latest updates of the program.
- This program is specially designed for girls and so only female students can apply for it. Any class 11 or 12 student, studying under a recognized Board in India can apply for the program.
- The students should be enrolled for the following subjects in class 11- Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. Also the student should have scored 70% marks in class 10 board exam, with 80% marks in Science and Mathematics.
- The family income of the applicant should be less than Rs.6 lakhs in a year. This will involve both General and Backward category families.
For the year of 2016, the last date for applying for the program, has been announced July 20, 2016. The student who wish to apply for the program, should apply on or before 20th of July. All the documents, along with the form needs to be given to the city coordinator of the chosen center.
Benefits for Students
- There are many students in the country, especially girls who are not able to take proper training for engineering entrance exam due to financial problem. This program will offer students with online tutorials for preparation at free of cost.
- Students will be given pre-loaded tablets, under the responsibility of the parents. This will ensure that the right use of the technology is made by the students. The tabs will be loaded with all the required study materials.
- There will be regular assessment conducted to ensure that students make use of the study materials well. Financial support will be given to students who require it.