Chandranna Bima Yojana for Andhra Pradesh Labours
Chandranna Bima Yojana will be launched soon on the 1st August 2016 for the labours who work in unorganised sector in Andhra Pradesh. Artisans, shop employees, small traders, some of the agricultural labourers, petty small employed people and similar individuals are considered to be the labourers in the unorganised sector. In recent past Prime Minister Shree Narendra Modi has launched an insurance policy for the farmers. Now it is time for the Andhra Pradesh ministry to launch an insurance policy scheme for the labours from unorganised sector which is mostly been unnoticed by the ministry or authority. According to the scheme nearly 1.5 crore such unorganised sector’s labour will get the facility of insurance under this scheme.
Chandranna Bima Yojana Key Features
- Chandranna Bima Yojana is an insurance policy scheme for the labourers from unorganised sector. The people who work as artisans, small self employed group, small traders and such will be eligible for the yojana. More than 1.5 crore workers will be given the facility of the insurance coverage under this scheme.
- The workers who will be registered under this Yojana will get insurance of 5 lakh rupees if the worker meets an accident or in case of death. The family or the nominee of the worker will get the money when the insurance gets matured. Also workers who suffer from permanent disability and won’t be able to work will also get 5 lakh rupees from the state government.
- Those workers who will meet an accident and suffer from partial physical disability will get 3 lakh rupees after his the maturity. If there is any chance of being cured then the Rs. 3 lakh will be paid to the worker for the medical assistance he / she needs.
- According to the scheme the state government has given Rs. 132 crore as the insurance premium in the project. Now almost every labour who works under any unorganised sector will get the facility of such insurance policy scheme.
|Launched on||1st May 2016|
|Starts from||1st August 2016|
|Beneficiary||Workers under unorganised sector|
|Coverage||3 to 5 lakhs|
|Premium by the state||132 crores|
Chandranna Bima Yojana Purpose / Aim
Unorganised sectors are one such sector which is always remained unnoticed by the authorities. Off late no such initiative has been taken for the betterment of the labours working under such sector. The main aim of the yojana is to give them a financial protection for their loss.
The small traders, shop employers and artisans are those who don’t earn much to survive. Such insurance scheme will make them secured so that even after meeting any accidents, they or their family will get financial help to survive.
Chandranna Bima Yojana Benefits
The scheme has immense benefits to start off. According to the CM of Andhra Pradesh the scheme aims to provide full financial coverage to the labours of different age. The benefits of the scheme are:
- Under the scheme the workers will get 5 lakh rupees (aged 18 to 59 years) and Rs. 4.25 lakhs (aged 60 to 70 years) in case of accidental death or permanent disability. The worker or the nominee can utilise the money for future survival.
- Also workers who are insured under this scheme will get more than 3 lakh rupees for suffering in partial disability. The workers who have met an accidents and gets disable for the short time or suffer from curable physical or other disability will get insurance of Rs. 3, 62, 000/- approx. (for aged 18 to 59) and Rs. 3, 25, 000/- (for age 60 to 70).
- In case of natural death the workers insured under this scheme will get financial help of Rs. 30, 000/-. However no such payment for the 60 to 70 years workers. The family or the nominee will receive the money from the state government.
- Also the children of the workers who are registered under the scheme will get Rs. 1200/- per year as scholarship from 9th standard to 12th
Chandranna Bima Yojana Eligibility
- The scheme is for the workers who work under unorganised sector. The age limit for the workers under the scheme is ranging from 18 years to 70 years.
- The worker who is willing to register under the scheme must be an Indian citizen and also must have voter ID card for Andhra Pradesh.
Chandranna Bima Yojana Form
The online application for is available here in this link: http://www.chandrannabima.ap.gov.in/application.pdf
Also one can visit the official website of the Chandranna Bima Yojana and find the details of the application process there. The link is: http://www.chandrannabima.ap.gov.in/Default.aspx
Basic details like Name, contact, nature of work, salary/ income, family, nominee details and such are required to apply for the scheme. Also one needs to give the ID proof along with the application form. Rs. 15/- will be required to pay as the application fee.
The yojana has launched in the state Andhra Pradesh. Most of the state’s places will be covered under this scheme; Vijaywada is one such prominent area.