Chief Minister (CM) Mathrushree (Mathrushri) Scheme Karnataka 2018 Pregnant BPL Women, Reward 6000rs aid, Eligibility Criteria, Application Form Process Online/offline (ಮುಖ್ಯಮಂತ್ರಿ ಮಾತೃಶ್ರೀ ಯೋಜನೆ)
Pregnant women need all the care and nutrition that they can get. But due to recent price hikes, it has become impossible for poor people to get the best nutrition and medical facilities. It is here that the new state government of Karnataka announced a new scheme that offers financial assistance to these pregnant women. The CM has declared that Mathrushri Scheme will be implemented by the end of this year.
Launch details of the scheme
|Name of the scheme||Mathrushree Scheme|
|Launched by||CM HD Kumaraswamy|
|Date of announcement||7th July 2018|
|Tentative implementation||1st November 2018|
|Target beneficiaries||Pregnant women from BPL families|
Key features of the scheme
- Development of pregnant women – The main objective of this scheme is to offer assistance to pregnant women. It is rather tough for poor pregnant women to get attain adequate nutrition due to lack of money. With the implementation of this scheme, they will not have to worry about it.
- Implementation procedure – The implementation of this special reform from pregnant mothers will be implemented in several phases.
- Tenure for the grant – As of now, the state government has decided to continue this project for five years. But it has also announced that necessary changes and developments will be made in this scheme, during these years.
- Transfer of money – The state authority will deposit the grant directly into the authorized bank account of the applicant.
- Budget – For the time being, state authority has allocated an amount of Rs. 350 crore. The amount will be utilized for the benefit of beneficiaries.
Eligibility for application
- Residents of Karnataka – As the new Karnataka state government will provide funding for implementing this scheme, only residents of the state will be able to enroll for this project.
- For BPL families – Only families, which are enlisted in the BPL list and possess government documents to prove their claims, will be allowed to apply under this scheme.
- For first two children only – In case the pregnant woman has two kids, then she will not be able to receive the financial grant. It will be given for the first and second child only.
Documents necessary for application
- Residential documents – Due to the residential criterion, every pregnant woman, seeking this financial grant needs to submit proper residential documents. These certificates will highlight that the applicant is indeed a legal bonafied resident of Karnataka.
- BPL certificate – As this scheme will offer financial assistance to poor families only, applicants must furnish their BPL certificates to prove that they belong to financially weaker background.
- Aadhar card – Whether it is any central or state sponsored scheme, interested applicants have to submit a photocopy of their Aadhar cards for authentication of personal details. Thus, candidates seeking the perks of this scheme also need to submit their Aadhar Cards.
- Pregnancy certificate – As six installments will be paid during pregnancy, applicants need to submit their pregnancy progress reports from time to time. These documents will to be checked and verified by medical officers.
- Bank account details – There is not be any manual monetary handovers. All payments will be done via bank accounts. It will ensure that the mothers are getting the money for proper utilization. Thus, all applicants need to furnish a photocopy of bank passbook. It will highlight the name of the account holder, account number, bank and branch name, branch code and address.
Application Form Process (How to apply)
This scheme will officially roll out during November this year. The state government and the respective departments are still working on the final implementation and application procedures. It is too early to say whether the state will opt for online or offline enrollment. Once these details are finalized, Karnataka government will release an official declaration. In case of portal based enrollment process, it will also launch a separate portal for unique Mathrushree Scheme. Please bookmark our page for latest information regarding this scheme.
Reward amount under the scheme Matrushree
- Financial assistance – Under this scheme, pregnant women will receive Rs. 6000 during their pregnancy, in equal installments. First three installments will be given during pregnancy and last three will be given after delivery.
- Frequency of payment – During first three months of the pregnancy, women will be entitled to receive Rs. 1000 on a monthly basis. This tenure will be extended for an additional three months after the baby is born.
- It has been announced that state authority will take necessary measures to increase the allowance amount, under this project, over a period of 5 years.
Karnataka government and its department are leaving no stone unturned to implement this project as soon as possible. In time, necessary changes will be enforced in due time. It will surely be a welcome decision for the pregnant women, residing in this area.
Other Articles –
- Mukhyamantri Saral Bijli Bill Scheme MP
- Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme
- CM Mathru Purna Shree Scheme Karnataka
- Withdrawal Limit of PM Jan Dhan Yojana