Dec 162015
 

Coir Subsidy Udyami Yojana

India, especially in its southern parts has a large number of small and medium scale coir industries and factories which produces coir products. Coir is the natural fiber which is made from coconut husk. This fiber is used in several products like mattress, floor mat, fishing nets, ropes, arts and crafts item, brushes, etc. One major use of coir is in erosion control blankets. India is one of the major coir industry countries in the world.

Coir Udyami Yojana

The state of Kerala houses the maximum number of coir industries in India, followed by other southern states like Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Goa, etc. The coir industries are regulated by a regulation board called Coir Board of India undertaken by the Govt. of India, vide Coir Industry Act of 1953. The main role of the Coir Board is to promote the coir industries and increase their productivity. It also looks into the marketing of coir products in domestic as well as international markets. Europe and USA are the leading international markets where coir products are exported. Exports of furnished coir products are carried out in more than 85 countries worldwide.

The coir industries have more than 6 lakh ground level employees which includes weavers and spinners. But in this modern era, coir industry is losing its shine and having a rough run. As coir industries are lacking the modern amenities and technologies, it is becoming more tough for the industries to do good business and survive in the competitive market. Many micro and small scale coir industries are losing their way and are failing to survive.

So to save the coir industries, the Govt. have launched a welfare and development program for the coir industries called Coir Udyami Yojana. It is a subsidy policy provided to the employees of the coir industries. Under this scheme the coir employees will be supported financially and will be provided better skillful training. Also new modern production units will be set up in the coir industries and more technologies will be used in coir production.

Any individual above the age of 18 years and has Indian citizenship can opt for the Coir Udyami Yojana (CUY). There is no minimum ceiling of income to be possessed by the applicant to get eligibility for the scheme. Any individual or micro industry or NGO can register for the scheme. Subsidy and assistance will be provided to install any kind of machinery or unit for coir industry.

The maximum amount that can be availed is Rs. 10 lakh. This Yojana is one per family type that means only one person from a family can join the scheme, not more than that. The Govt. will provide monitory support for machineries only, not for construction of houses for coir industry. Special skill training will be provided by the Govt. to the interested entrepreneurs for coir industries, under a program called Entrepreneurship Development Program. The subsidy rate from the Govt. is kept 40% that means the beneficiary will only have to pay back the remaining 60% of the amount sanctioned. The sum assured under this scheme will be given as loan by a Govt. registered bank. This scheme will also provide assistance to market and sell your coir products.

To apply for Coir Udyami Yojana, one can get application forms from Coir Board offices as well as can be downloaded online from the website: www.coirboard.gov.in. All relevant details are there in the website and the application can be submitted online.

Other Articles

 Leave a Reply

(required)

(required)

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>