Deen Dayal Upadhyay Swavalamban Yojana in Arunachal Pradesh
A new scheme termed as Deen Dayal Upadhyay Swavalamban was launched by the state government. The scheme aims at offering assistance to the unemployed youth of the state via banking channels. The scheme will help boost agricultural and tourism sectors in the state to help the unemployed youth.
- Pema Khandu, Chief Minister- Arunachal Pradesh has announced the launch of the new Deen Dayal Upadhyay Swavalamban Yojana.
- The new scheme was launch by the Chief Minister himself on July 2017 to be implemented in the state.
- The launch meeting was attended by other ministers from his cabinet assembly, MLAs of the state, Entrepreneurs, Dy. Commissioner, Government officials and Parliamentary secretaries.
- Apart from these Tapir Gao (BJP president for state), Honchun Ngandam (Education Minister), Nabam Rebia (Minister-UD), Kumar Waii (States HM), Alo LIbang (RD Minister) along with others were present in the ceremony.
Objective of the scheme –
- The main aim of the new scheme is to help the youth by creating various opportunities for self employment.
- Under the new scheme it is certain that the state government will focus on various sectors for generating employment for the youth along with providing them with financial assistance.
Loan Facility –
- The state government has already announced that it shall be providing with loans facilities for the unemployed youth of the state via various banks and financial institutions.
- Loan amount – The state government has also made it clear that the banks and government will be providing with loan amount between Rs 10 lakhs to over Rs 1 crore for establishment of the youth.
Subsidy Rate –
- The state government will also ensure that the loan amount is given away at subsidized rate of 30 percent.
- The subsidized amount will also be credited to the bank via NABARD so that the state owned Nano and small entrepreneur sectors can boost in their performance.
Key features of the scheme –
- Government agenda – The state government will be focusing on various sectors for generating employment opportunities including Handicrafts industry, textile, eco tourism, fishery industry, dairy industry, horticulture and agricultural sectors.
- It is certain that with the implementation of the new scheme the educated unemployed youth of the state will get a chance to explore various opportunities that can help them get established under the scheme.
- As the loan amount will be offered to the youth under subsidized rate so it is certain that the youth of the state can gain benefit under the low cost loan that can be used as capital for establishing business.
- It is also certain that the state government aims at introducing the scheme in each district of the state via Dy. Commissioners of each district.
- Once implemented it is certain that the state government will also offer with much higher subsidy to the youths.
- To make the implementation process more successful the state government has also launched an online facebook portal where the entrepreneurs and youth can get connected on a single platform for support.
- The CM also made it very clear that the selection process of the candidates for registration under the scheme will be done on the basis of transparency and not under any political influence.
Women’s get extra benefit –
- It is also certain that under the new implemented scheme the women in the state will get additional benefit as an entrepreneur.
- For any women in the state who wants to take the benefit under the scheme will be provided with 5 percent subsidy on rate of interest annually.
- The women entrepreneur must also be a working entity of the business entrepreneur as non-performing asset will not be able to take the benefit of subsidy on interest rate.
It is certain that the Arunachal Pradesh government is focusing in the direction that can guide the unemployed youth of the state for being self dependent. Apart from this the government also focuses on making use of social media to help then get connected to the right entrepreneur for all possible support.