Free Bus Pass Scheme Tamil Nadu For Students
Free Bus Pass Scheme is a scheme for the students of Tamil Nadu. The Tamil Nadu Government launched this scheme in order to help the school and college going students by providing them free pass for their journey by bus. The school and college going students would not have to give any fare for their journey if they show their free passes. The Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu launched this scheme for the year of 2016-17 by giving five smart cards to the beneficiaries.
|Name of the Scheme||Free Bus Pass Scheme|
|Launching Date||July 18, 2016|
|Launched By||Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu|
|Managed By||Tamil Nadu Government|
|For Whom it is launched||School and College going students|
|Budget||Rs. 504.31 Crore|
|Number of students covered||31.11 lakh|
Free Bus Pass Scheme Key Features
- This scheme is solely for the purpose of benefitting the school and college going students of Tamil Nadu as it will provide them passes which they would be able to use while travelling by bus.
- The main feature of this scheme is scheme is to support the students from poor background. This scheme promises to provide them with free passes for their bus journey.
- In the previous year, this scheme benefitted 28.05 lakh students from poor background. But this year 31.11 lakh students from poor background will be provided free bus pass.
- The estimated expense for this scheme is Rs. 504.31 Crore. This scheme aims to provide smart card passes to the students under this scheme’s budget.
Eligibility Criteria under Free Bus Pass Scheme
All students of all schools is eligible for this scheme. Also the students of Government Arts and Science colleges and the Government Polytechnic colleges are eligible for this scheme. The students of Industrial Training Institute can also avail this scheme. The students will be given a smart pass card which they would be obliged to use for travelling without fare.
Benefits for students
The scheme is launched solely for the purpose of benefitting the students and the students would be provided with smart cards under this scheme. The students would be able to use their smart cards at the time of travelling by bus and with the help of this service, the school and college going students would be able to travel without giving any fare. The students from poor background will get benefits from this scheme especially as it is hard for them to pay the bus fare at times. Under this scheme, each and every student will be able to travel without giving any fare.
The Tamil Nadu Government has launched this scheme and they are managing the scheme properly.
- The government increased the number of beneficiaries under this scheme as they now will provide free passes to 31.11 lakh students.
- The government also increased the budget of the scheme to cover more students under the scheme. Earlier, the budget of the scheme was Rs. 480 crore but now the budget has been increased to Rs. 504.31 crore.
- The government is providing these facilities to help the students and they are also looking forward to helping the students with poor background.
- Gangajal Delivery Scheme
- How to Download Aadhar Card
- HRIDAY Scheme
- PPF Account Closure Process
- Fasal Bima Scheme