Free educations scheme for girls in Karnataka for Post Graduation
The Karnataka state government has announced that it is planning to offer free education to the girls in the state by launching Free education scheme. The scheme will be aiming at offering with no cost education for girl students in the state for completing their post graduation program.
- The government aims to implement the scheme for girl students in the state for the next academic year 2018-19.
- The scheme was announced by the Minister for higher education, Karnataka state Mr. Basavaraja Rayareddi.
Aim of the scheme –
- After the implementation of the scheme for the students the state government aims at improving the condition of education system for girl students and helping them to complete their professional courses.
- With the implementation of the free education scheme it is certain that the state government also aims at improving the literacy ration in the state for girl students and they can also develop the morals of being self independent.
Key features of the scheme
- The Karnataka government has already been providing with free education at primary and secondary level in the state and with the new scheme it aims at offering with free education for girl students for completing their post graduation courses.
- The girl students will be able to take full benefit of the scheme in both government and private owned state colleges and universities for professional courses in any field.
- The state government has announced that to make the process of implementation more effective the government will set up an online web portal where the girl students can get registered under the scheme.
- So far the government has made it very clear that the final process for financing the entire project is not yet finalized for private institutions in the state.
- Scholarships – As the scheme is offered only for completing the higher level educations so it is certain that the government aims at financing the fee in the form of scholarships offered to the students.
- The government has also made it very clear that under the scheme over 70 lakhs students from the state will be benefitted.
- Centre – To implement the scheme the government has also set up a complete new infrastructure centre at the SDM college faculty.
- The faculty will offer with all possible help for proving and arranging educational loans to the state students for higher education for deserving students.
Eligibility criteria under the scheme
- Girls only – The state government has made it very clear that the new scheme will be offered only for girl students in the state.
- For Graduate only – To be eligible for the scheme it is certain that the student should have completed graduation and secondary school education with pass grade from the state schools and college.
- For Karnataka students only – The student who wants to take the benefit of the scheme should be citizen of the state by birth.
The state government of Karnataka has announced the new scheme for offering free post graduation education to deserving candidates for improving the overall literacy rate in the state.
- Kerala Swavalamban Yojana
- Mukhya Mantri Atyant Pichda Varg Chhatravriti Yojana
- All Pradhan Mantri Yojana
- PM Housing Scheme in Urban
- Income Tax Slabs