Full form of Gobar-dhan Yojana Scheme – Galvanizing Organic Bio-Agro Resources Dhan (improve lives of villagers) in Budget 2018
During Budget session for 2018-19, Gobar Dhan Yojana was officially announced by the Finance Minister Arun Jaitley. The new scheme is expected to help in changing and improving the conditions of Rural areas within the country. Under the new scheme the government expects to help bring new developments within the villages. Apart from this the government also expects to implement Organic Manure funding yojana (Gobar).
|2||Full Form||Galvanizing Organic Bio-Agro Resources Dhan|
|3||Launched by||the Finance Minister Arun Jaitley|
|4||Announced in||Budget 2018-19|
- According to the government a set budget for implementing in the scheme has not yet been set by the government. Apart from this the statements have been made very clear that over 187 new schemes will also be implemented by the government along with this scheme under the Namami Gange Scheme.
- Under the scheme the government has made a selection of 4465 villages that are on the Ganges Banks. The government will also run the scheme for maintaining hygiene of the villages under this scheme.
- An overall set budget of Rs 16713 has been set by the government for implementation in various schemes along with Gobar Dhan Yojana. The amount has been fixed for implementation for the fiscal year 2018-18.
Key Features – Benefits under the Gobar Dhan Scheme
There are a number of benefits that the government aims by implementing the Gobar Dhan Yojana.
- Dung fuel – The government has announced that it shall be making best use of Solid waste excreted out by the cattle. The dung can be transformed into a type of Bio fertilizer that can be used by the villagers for fuelling up their stoves at the homes. The fuel can be used as a subsidy for CNG and LPG.
- Villagers Advantage – Under he new scheme the government aims at making the life of villagers much better. This will also educate the people not to defecate in the open places. This helps in maintaining hygiene factor.
- Income generation – In present time farmers are merely dependent on their crop yields for generating income. With the implementation of the scheme the farmers will be able to generate better ways for income. As the farmers just have to make use of animal waste so it is obvious that farmers don’t need investment amounts in purchasing basic raw materials.
- 115 districts selected – The government has made a selection of over 115 districts for implementation of the scheme. Besides the government has also made it clear that with implementation of the scheme in these villages, it shall try and improve the facilities as well including infra structure.
- Compost – Under the scheme the government has also made it clear that farmers will be able to make use of easily available Compost fertilizer for their farm lands. The government will educate farmers to help set up their own compost plants.
- Infrastructure development – Under this scheme the government aims at improving the available infrastructure to help promote development for the villages so the overall GDP of the country global wise could be much better. Under the scheme the government will ensure that it has made use of better techniques for development process.
- Power generation –Under the scheme the government has ensured to generate fuel in the form of Biogas. Besides the government has also stated that the Biogas can further be used for generating electricity for the villages due to availability of surplus amount of dung.
- Invite Corporate sectors- The government has also stated that with the development of the scheme and generation of cheaper form of fuel the corporate sectors may be interested in investing their money in the rural areas.
- Clean India – The scheme has been launched by the government in accordance to the movement run by Gandhiji on his anniversary in 2014. Under the drive the government had made the idea of transforming waste into something useful has been implemented in the scheme.
- Husbandry – In present time the husbandry of animals is one business that is very much common within villages. But with this the dung is usually wasted as it is not used up completely. Under the scheme the government will offer people with an opportunity to generate income by selling dung to the authorities.
- Long term plans – In present time the nation is standing 6th in place for Bio gas manufacturing. Even with increasing vehicles on the streets over 95 percent of vehicles demand more fuel. This means that the country needs more fuel to run the vehicles. With its ever increasing economy the country aims at generating better fuel opportunities by 2022.
Update On 9 April 2018
Gobar Dhan Yojana National Launch from Haryana on 30th April
The central government has announced to launch the new Gobar Dhan Yojana for national implementation on 30th April 2018. As per the latest updates the new scheme will be covering entire country- Districts, Tehsils and Villages for educating people about the utilization of Cattle Dung for converting into more valuable fuel – Biogas and manure.
The new scheme for implementation nation wide will be launched by state CM Manohar Lal Khattar and Uma Bharati (Union Minister for Sanitation and Drinking Water). The new drive is expected to maintain clean village conditions along with producing clean bio fuel and bio manure. This move will help in saving electricity and environment.
- Ayushman Bharat Programs 2018
- Process of making E Way Bill Registration and Portal
- Prime Minister Research Fellowship Scheme PMRF Ph.D
- List of all Health Care Schemes sponsored and subsidized by states and center