Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana (PMKSY) | Har Khet ko Pani
There have been many programs launched and conducted in the past in order to ensure better and appropriate use of the resources of the country so that the county can develop to greater extent and produce better outcomes. There have been initiatives made by the government to improve the soil health in the country so that there can be better quality crops, there have workshops conducted to teach the farmers about water usage and restoration, etc. The main motive behind the launch of Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana is to create the water usage awareness among farmers and also to maintaining new water resource, water harvesting bodies among the people in order to attain proper irrigation.
Details about the Yojana
The Yojana is a mission which aims on making sure that the various resources of the country is utilized well so that the people of the country can benefit from it. Like many other programs and schemes of Modi, this is a Yojana which aims for the development of the people of India. Under this scheme there will be allocation of major funds so make sure that the all the irrigation sectors can make use of the fund to the betterment of their fields and crops. The main features and objectives of the Yojana are–
- The main objective of the Krishi Sinchayee Yojana is to attract investments in the irrigation sector so that the fields and crops are of good quality and farmers gets yield.
- The program wants to expand the area that can be cultivated and this can happen only if proper irrigation facility is made available to the farmer.
- With this program the government wants to make sure that the water of the country is utilized well and that there is minimum wastage of water in the country. It wants to encourage among farmers, precision irrigation and water saving methods.
- The program want to try if the farmers could actually reuse treated municipal waste water for irrigation in agriculture.
- The program will be monitored and managed by an Inter-Ministerial National Steering Committee (NSC), at the central level.
- The scheme ensure to minimize the wastage of water and to use it in a proper way and to bring up effective water conservation methods in the country, especially in the agricultural industry.
- The first and fore most work to be done under this program is to fast pace the completion of the Major and Medium Irrigation and National irrigation projects.
The Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana (PMKSY) would be made to effect along with the motive of providing proper irrigation facility to the agricultural fields. It is called ‘Har Khet ko Pani’ this means ‘all fields will get water’. This will lead to the aim of ‘more crop per day’. The program, PMKSY, will try to create, distribute and manage the crop related activities.
Some of the main functions that would be conducted by the government under this program would include-
- The water management and distribution activity will be brought to focus and the so the activity is carried out in a useful yet water conserving way. In Major cultivation areas like Jal Mandir, Dongs, Eri, ooranis, Kuhl, Katas, Bandhas water storing and water reservoir concepts will be developed in order to promote irrigation.
- There will be creation of water sources that can lead to the expansion of the area covered by agricultural fields. Management of rain water will be taught to farmers so that they can get more sources of irrigation. There will be many such new concepts taught to the people who are involved in agricultural so that they can grow more crops and also get the sufficient water. But this will also make sure that there is no wastage of water. Efforts will be made in order to meet both objectives.
The PMKSY projects and activities will be taken care at the state level by the respective state’s agricultural department.
Below listed table elaborates the information and the activities carried out under Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana scheme.
|S.No||Activities Carried under Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana||Information about the Activities|
|1||Accelerated Irrigation Benefit Program (AIBP)||This activity mainly focus on finishing the ongoing Irrigation projects (both Major and Medium Level) across the nation in short time period. It lays the strong foundation for national growth and formalized method of Improving Irrigation Standards.|
|2||Har Khet Ko Pani||Under this activity water resource for irrigation are managed. Activity focus on Creating new water sources, repairing or renovating the existing water resource, and also offers better solutions for improving water management and distribution system for irrigation|
|3||Watershed Development||Activity that manages the water the wastage and offers solutions for improving soil and wetness level. In general it’s the activity that created in order to improve the water harvesting techniques and processes like constructing various Dams, Lakes, Ponds, Nala Bunds etc.|
|4||Water Creation||Traditional water bodies are renovated along by creating new potential water reservoir section for storing rainfall water with the help of youths and farmers of the villages in this activity by merging it with MGNREGS (Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee ACT).|
|5||Per Drop More Crop||This activity promotes sufficient water transmission to the irrigation process or irrigation plan conducted by State/District Administration. The Per Drop More Crop activity boosts the awareness among the farmers to use Micro Irrigation Process also it helps to implement modern science in old cultivation methods.|
States eligibility criteria
Any state that wants to make use of the funds that have been allotted to the state under this program then they have first prepare an irrigation plan for their district and also have to show state irrigation plans that they have developed. Apart from these they also have to explain that how do they plan to carry forward a sustained and effective agriculture with proper utilization of water resources. After the state shows the above plans, they will be considered for the allocation of the funds under this program.
Allocation of funds for the program
The program, PMKSY, will be working together with the ongoing projects such as Accelerated Irrigation Benefit of the Ministry of Water Resources, the River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation, etc. there will be around Rs50000 crore spent in the first 5 years for the program.
The funds that have been allotted for the program will be given to the state government as a grant of 75% from the central government. The 25 percent of the money is the responsibility of the state government and they have to add the money to the allotted money and work towards development. It is only of the hilly regions of the country such as the northeast, the fund given by the central would be 90 percent and the state has to put in a 10 percent.
It is said that with program, there are many farmers in India who will be benefited. Many farmers cannot continue farming and cultivation because of lack of water for irrigation. But with this program the state and the central government will make ways so that fields get new means and ways of irrigation. Each village that was suffering because of the lack of water for cultivation will be provided with means of irrigation so that they can pursue agriculture in their fields. Along with this the program will also work towards the proper usage of water resources and minimize the amount of water that is wasted ad make it available for cultivation. Two important factors will be considered in the PMKSY projects.
Below listed table elaborates the basic question raised by common citizen across the nation and suggests the suitable answers over the Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana scheme.
|S.No||Basic Question Raised by Common Citizen Across the Nation||Answers|
|1||What is Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana Scheme?||It’s a scheme which mainly focuses on the Agricultural Irrigation process by initiating various steps to create new and maintain old water reservoirs across the nation.|
|2||Motive Behind Launching Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana Scheme?||The Vision of Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana is to create awareness on water conservation and to improve efficient water usage among the Indian Farmers|
|3||What’s the main feature of this PMKSY Scheme?||Unlike other ordinary scheme, this Yojana concentrate more on end-to-end solution. Funds allotted under this scheme can be accessible by state government for improving Irrigation process. Also Central government will be flexible with the state governance body on implementing this PMKSY Scheme.|
|4||Who funds for this PMKSY Scheme?||As per the project module, Central government will manage 75% of funds and state government should share 25% of the financial needs.|
|5||Does this Scheme helps to increase cultivation area in India?||Yes! According to experts this new scheme will boost farmers to start irrigation process in their new lands too. The factor which creates assurance on increasing irrigation lands is the innovative methods handled for managing water resources and to create water harvesting bodies|