Farmers Free Passbook Scheme Telangana Under Land Records Registration Policy at Dharani
The Telangana Government has taken a huge initiative and also a good one as they are looking forward to providing free passbooks to the farmers of the state.These passbooks will be free of cost. The reason of introducing this scheme is to make sure all land holdings are registered under this scheme so that the government will be able to track them whenever they need. Also, this scheme will provide transparency. The government and the farmers both will be benefitted from this scheme.
Details of Free Passbook Scheme
The Free Passbook Scheme for the Telangana farmers was announced by the Chief Minister of the State. The Chief Minister also announced that the inauguration of this project will be done by either the Chief Minister or the President of India. This project will be inaugurated on 11 March, 2018 and around 71 Lakh farmers will be provided with passbooks. The record of the passbooks will also be available in a website.
Key Features of Free Passbook Scheme
- Special Passbook: The special Pattadar Passbooks will contain all the information of the farmers in a small bound book. The quality of these passbooks will be like passports and they will be tamper free.
- Review and Printing: The Telangana Government has already reviewed the land details of the state and they have reviewed it carefully and the chief minister of the state himself reviewed it for 8 hours consecutively. This review was done in 13 January, 2018. The passbooks will start printing as the review is done but before that the government will have to ensure the improvement review and land purification is done.
- Land Transactions: If any farmer purchases or sells their land, the record will be updated on their passbook on the exact day and to ensure this process the government has also established an IT Wing.
- Eliminating Corruption: The main reason of introducing a new scheme is to eliminate corruption from the state. This free passbook scheme will also ensure disputes regarding land is solved within the state. It will also ensure more transparency.
- Distribution: 71 Lakh farmers will get free passbooks from the state on March 11, 2018. The farmers will have to go through a registration process to ensure they get the passbooks from the state on the inaugural date of the free passbook scheme.
- Exclusivity: The Free Passbook Scheme will have a special feature as it will have a unique code and the Aadhaar number of the owner. It will also be updated on a regular basis like bank passbooks.
- New Policy: In coordination with the Free Passbook Scheme, the Telangana Government is also looking forward to launch a new reform policy named Land and Reforms Registration Policy. Along with other reform schemes, the information of this policy will also be made public through the Dharani website by the government.
Dharani – Web portal
The State Government of Telangana will also launch a website in coordination to their free passbook scheme. Mainly this website will store all the data of the free passbook scheme and it will also ensure the farmers have vast knowledge about certain reform schemes and land details. Dharani will be updated on a regular basis by the state.
All farmers in the state of Telangana will be eligible for this scheme. They will have to go through a registration process for enlisting their lands under this scheme.
The farmers of the Telangana state will be able to visit the Mandal offices in their respective districts to register themselves for the free passbook scheme. The registration process will be handled by the officials of the Mandal offices.
The State Government of Telangana has taken a huge initiative for the residents of the state and they wish to implement this scheme in a good way so that the agriculture of the state can be developed. This scheme will ensure transparency and it will solve land disputes across the state. The government will also be benefitted from the scheme as they will be able to track the lands of the state and also they will have the record of the land holdings of the state. Also the government is looking forward to develop agriculture more in the state as they will also launch another scheme named Input Subsidy Scheme along with this system. The new scheme will ensure subsidy for the farmers according to their input.