Mukhyamantri Medhavi Vidyarthi Yojana in MP (MMMSY) [mptechedu.org]
The Mukhya Mantri Medhavi Vidyarthi Yojana is all about providing the meritorious students with some fee benefits. The meritorious students who have scored high ranks in the all India entrance exams shall get fee waivers under this scheme. The fee waivers can be availed by students at both government as well as private colleges.
This scheme was launched in Madhya Pradesh recently on 12th June . It was during the budget 2017-18 declaration when the Finance Minister Jayant Malaiya announced the details of this scheme. It has come into effect from April, 2017. It is a state funded scheme and is being supervised by the state itself.
To get the benefits of the scheme you will have to be eligible in the following aspects –
- Resident of the state :- You must be a permanent resident of Madhya Pradesh. Any student, who gets admission in a Madhya Pradesh university but resides outside the state, cannot obtain its benefit.
- Family annual income :- The annual income of the family of the student should not exceed Rs. 6 lakh. It can be up to Rs. 6 lakh – but not exceeding that.
- Aadhar card mandatory :- The student who wishes to take part in this scheme should have an Aadhar card – it is a must to produce this as a valid ID and age proof at the time of enrollment.
- For other boards :- The student must have secured at least 85 per cent in their 12th board exams conducted by CBSE or ICSE.
- For state government board :- If you have studied in Madhya Pradesh Board of Secondary Education, then you must score at least 75 per cent in your 12th board exams to obtain the benefits of this scheme.
- Bond with government :- The beneficiary also as to agree to sign a bond with the government for Rs. 10 lakhs. After the completion of the courses, they will also have to work for 2 years in the respective fields. This is the prime reason that the students have to enter the bond agreement with the state government.
To get the fee waivers, you shall have to fulfill certain criteria as well. Such criteria are mentioned below –
- Rank in JEE :- To get the fee waiver, you must have obtained not more than 50,000 rank in the JEE mains – in engineering category. This must make you eligible to get admission in any government or non government engineering colleges.
- Fee waiver for colleges :- If you take admission in Government College then the government will bear the entire fees. If you take admission under a private college then the government shall bear a maximum of Rs. 1.5 lakh as fees or the actual fees – whichever is lower.
- Fee which is not included in the scheme :- However, this amount of fees shall not include the mess fee or the caution money which you need to deposit at the time of admission. It will only include the tuition fees.
- For MBBS aspirants :- If you are an MBBS student who has achieved their merit in the Medical National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) only then you can get the benefits of this scheme.
- MBBS students’ colleges :- This scheme is applicable for MBBS students who are taking admission in both government as well as non government colleges across the state.
- Fee waiver for MBBS students :- Also, for the MBBS student especially, all the feels and the additional charges shall be borne by the state government itself – this will include the supplementary charges besides tuition fees.
After fulfilling all the above criteria, those students who will come first, second and third, will get cash reward of Rs. 1 lakh, Rs. 75,000 and Rs. 50,000 respectively.
Courses Included in the scheme
The courses that this scheme shall cover are – all types of engineering courses, medical courses and law courses. Also, the integrated post graduation courses from IIM Indore or SPA Bhopal are also added to this list.
But this scheme is not just limited to the technical courses. If you are pursuing B.Sc, B.Com, then also you will get the benefits. The scheme also includes courses such as Polytechnic and Nursing.
- The documents that you shall need for registering include the income proof. As already mentioned above, the income proof should show that your income does not exceed Rs. 6, 00,000.
- You must also give your bank details such as IFSC Code or MICR code, the name of the bank, branch name, Account number, account name and such other details.
- It is mandatory to bring photocopies along with original mark sheets at the time of verification for this scheme. Make sure you have a provisional passed certificate if the original has not been issued yet.
- It is also mandatory for the student to produce his or her bonafide certificate along with domicile certificate at the time of verification.
- Along with Aadhar card, you will also have to produce a residence proof. This residence proof shall be a certificate which is issued from a residence authority.
- Lastly, you must produce passport size photographs during the process.
How to apply for the scheme
- First of all go to this page http://www.mptechedu.org/index.php/mukhyamantri-medhavi-vidyarthi-yojna and then click on the “apply online button” (this link is down for the moment, but it will soon be back up, keep checking the website).
- After you have click on “apply online” you will be redirected to the home page of the website. Here, on the right corner of the page you will find a button called ‘Register’ – click on it.
- A new page has opened up where you will find the application details are to be entered. Enter the list of the details including your first name, address, and guardians’ name and so on.
- Come to the next part – here you will have to mention if you are “liberated”, “Semi strung” or just a “Stroller.” Enter the details and then put your Aadhar card details below correctly, then fill out the rest of the form.
- At the last part of the application form you shall be asked whether you want to pursue your degree outside the state of Madhya Pradesh. After you answer this, enter the details of your permanent address.
- Now that the details have got entered properly, check the declaration, enter the captcha and you are ready to continue with submitting the form. Make sure you check all the details first accurately.
- After you have submitted the form, you will get a reference number for future. Save this number and you will have completed the registration process for now.
You can contact your institute where you are studying currently to get more information about this scheme. But you can also contact the education department whose details are given below.
If you have any queries about this scheme, then you can contact the authorities here –
Phone number: 0755 2576 751
This is the official notification for the scheme available in Hindi in PDF format -http://www.mptechedu.org/files/MMVYojna.pdf