Mukhyamantri (CM) Kanya Utthan (Gilrs) Yojana in Bihar to Motivate Graduation Incentives
The Chief Minister of Bihar state, Nitish Kumar, with an aim for promoting Women empowerment, social empowerment and educational empowerment had organized a Cabinet meeting. The meet was organized on 19th April 2018. The CM had made some important decisions related to making women self dependent. With an aim to help preserve the girl child health, education, social status and self dependency had proposed the implementation of Mukhyamantri Kanya Utthan Yojana.
Main aim of implementing this new scheme is to help eliminated the case of girl child mortality rate, encourage girl child birth and immunization within the society. Apart from this, the scheme also aims at eliminating child marriage and early child pregnancy cases in the society. The CM also stated that the new implementation is on Universal platform and will encourage protection of girl child from birth till adolescent age. The benefit will be offered to two girl child within a family.
|S no||Conditions||Amount details||Eligibility|
|1||Girl child birth||Sum of 5000/-
· Birth time – 2000
· After 1 year – 1000
· After aadhar card linked – 2000
|Only For two child|
|2||For sanitary napkin||300/-|
|3||Pass inter school exam||10000/-||Unmarried girl|
|4||After graduation||25000/-||Married unmarried both applicable|
|Total amount birth to graduation – 54100/-|
The state government of Bihar state has announced the launch of the new scheme for girls of the state. Apart from this the government has also announced that the scheme for implementation will be valid from April 2018 onwards. The announcement was officially made by Anjani Kumar Chief Secretary.
- Aim – The main aim of the state government behind offering incentive is to try and eliminate the chances of child marriage from within the state. So in case the girl decides to get married even before completing her graduation or intermediate education, then she may not be entitled for gaining incentive of Rs 10,000.
- Beneficiary – As per the statements made it is obvious that the new scheme would be benefiting over 1.60 crore girl child within the state on yearly basis. To make the implementation of the scheme more successful it is obvious that the state government will introduce a set budget of Rs 60,000 on the scheme for each child.
- The amount of Rs 60,000 will be spent over the girl child on annual basis for education and other benefits under schemes including student credit card facilities, Free Bicycle, scholarship programs etc.
Girl child birth financial assistance –
- To help encourage girl child for education and growth the government offers parents with Rs 2000 incentive at the time of her birth and the amount is given to the parents after she completes 20 years of her age on maturity.
- The government has also announced that under the current scheme the sum of Rs 5000 will be given to the parents on maturity of the girl child after 20 years.
- The government has announced that the girl child will be given with Rs 2000 as her first installment at the time of her birth. On completion of First year she will be offered with Rs 1000. Once she has completed linking her Aadhar Card with her Biometric for verification then she would be offered with Rs 2000 by the state government.
- This will prove helpful to the government for completing the process of immunization along with Biometrics linked to Aadhar card at the time of Maturity.
- So in the same way if the girl decides to get married only after completing her graduation level education then she will be entitled for claiming incentive of Rs 25,000.
- The state government has also announced that the current scheme is valid for women of the state who is married as well. She will be eligible for Rs 25,000 on completion of her graduation as most girls who graduate from colleges are major’s and not minors.
- Further declaring the CM also stated that the new introduced scheme will be considered as being universal as it would be applicable for girls and women belong to each and every caste of the society, income or caste and religion.
- All college going girls along with those attending the primary and secondary level schools within the state, 12th grade girl students from private or government affiliated sector are eligible under the scheme.
- Apart from this the girls studying in accredited madrassas, non-accredited colleges and Sanskrit schools, state and non-state level college students and minors belonging to the society are eligible for registration under the scheme.
Sanitary napkin benefits
- The state government has also announced to offer the girl at the time of adolescent age with sanitary napkins. This amount has therefore been increased to Rs 300 per child from Rs 150 under earlier initiative.
- The main aim of the state government after implementing his scheme is to help check with the girl child marriage and female Foeticide. This will also prove helpful in determining the increasing sex ratio of girl child to boy child and education parents to help encourage girl child from being educated.
- Under the same scheme the state government also plans to educate the parents of the girl child to offer them with all types of vaccines and immunization against diseases and conditions. This move will further prove helpful in eliminating the chances of Female Child mortality rate.
Increase in Uniform rates
|State education ministry – for Girls studying in 1st and 2nd Grades||Increment in financial assistance to be offered Rs 600 from Rs 400 yearly|
|State education Ministry – for Girls from 3rd grade to 5th Grade||Increment in financial assistance to be offered Rs 700 from Rs 500 yearly|
|State education Ministry – for Girls studying in 6th Grade to 8th Grade||Increment in financial assistance to be offered Rs 1000 from Rs 700 yearly|
|State education Ministry—for Girls studying in 9th grade till 12th Grade||Increment in financial assistance to be offered to Rs 1500 from Rs 1000 yearly|
- At present it is true that the state government has already set a budget of Rs 840 crore for being implemented for the education of the girl child along with other benefits like social welfare and health. The government has also announced to invest a sum of Rs 1400 crore under the scheme.
- So with this the government will be planning itself for implementation of Rs 2221 crore under the scheme for benefiting the girl child.
The local state government has ensured that it shall be taking all possible steps to help eliminate child early marriage, mortality rate and other issues that are anti social for girl child. This would help in improving the social status of the girl child.
- ‘Study in India’ Portal 2018
- Amma Bio Fertilizer Scheme And Uzhavan App in Tamil Nadu
- NITISH’S Saat Nischay (resolves) Scheme Yojana in Bihar
- Student Credit Card (SCC) Scheme in Bihar