Nabin Tan Mon Bikash Yojana in Assam
Each state or region has something unique that is not found in any other place. The same can be said about the traditional sporting events of the state of Assam. In an attempt to conserve and popularize the region oriented sporting events, the state government of Assam gave thumbs up to the Nabin Tan Mon Bikash Yojana.
Launch details of the scheme
The announcement about the Nabin Tan Mon Bikash Yojana was made on the Sishu Pran Nabin Sarma Memorial Day, in Guwahati. This day is celebrated on the 7th of August, every year and this year, the Heritage Conservation Society of Assam announced the implementation of the Nabin Tan Mon Bikash Yojana. The announcement was made by the President of the HeCSA, Mr. Shantikam Hazarika. Even the esteemed journalist Dhirendra Nath Chakravarty, was present during the occasion. The members of the NGO HeCSA will start the task of popularizing state oriented sports very soon. All the traditional sporting events will be organized in private and public schools from the 15th August.
Key features of the scheme
The following are the salient features of the scheme:
- Promoting health and fitness – The main aim of the scheme is to make the school students aware of the need for physical fitness. Physical fitness can be achieved through taking part in sporting events and the members of the NGO will do exactly this.
- Both in private and public schools – The members of the association will go to both the government and the private schools and tell the students about the benefits of playing games and engaging in sporting events. Awareness camps will be organized in the educational institutes.
- Conserving the traditional games – The main aim of the scheme is conserving and popularizing the games, which are organized in the local area. Under the scheme, the members of the NGO will make the school students aware of the traditional games of Assam.
With the assistance of this scheme, the children will not only become physically active, but will come to know about the traditional sporting events, which are slowly drowning in the darkness of oblivion. For conserving the culture and heritage of the local area, especially the traditional games, which are not seen anywhere else, the implementation of programs like this is a must.
- Jalyukt Shivar Yojana (JSY) Maharashtra
- Kerala State Government Education Loan Scheme
- How to Book Jio Phone
- Atal pension Yojana
- Bihar Credit Card Scheme