First National Para Games 2018 under Khelo India Program Games Event List Schedule Online Registration Calender Eligibility Important dates
The present central government did not only put stress on the development of the financial status of the nation, but it also paid attention to the sport development. The central government has adopted a “Sports for All” vision. It included normal as well as disabled sports persons. Under that initiative, the country will witness its first National Para Games 2018 that will be held in Bengaluru.
The special sport related announcement was made by the central government on the 18th of May, 2018. As the event is not very far away, organizers have been instructed to start the preparations at war footing. The event is conducted as a part of the Khelo India Programme.
|Name of the event||National Para Games 2018|
|Launched on||18th of May, 2018|
|Main Project||Khelo India Programme|
Key features of the event
- Participation of disabled candidates – As the name suggests, the First National Para School Games will allow the disabled sport personalities to showcase their talents. With their help, India will also cement its position about the nations, which are known for their medal winning capabilities.
- Both for male and female candidates – Both male and female athletes will be allowed to take part in the sporting event, and prove their worth.
- Venue – The entire game will take place in Bengaluru. The shortlisted events will take place in four noted stadiums, which are all located in Bengaluru.
- Duration of the event – The event will start on the 28th of June, 2018 and will end on the 7th of July, 2018.
- Age related criterion – It has been mentioned that only those athletes will be able to take part in this event that fall in the age category of 16 to 40 years. The age is constant for male as well as female candidates.
- Preliminary selection – Only those candidates will be able to take part in this event, which have made the cut and have been deemed fit by the para-olympic association and para-sports federations, operating in state levels.
- Number of events – As of now, ten different events has been shortlisted. Athletes will fight it out on the ground to prove their supremacy over the others.
- Total participants – The event will see the participation of 2192 sport persons. Among these, 1311 fall in men category, 837 fall in women category, and 44 candidates will take part in mixed events.
- Number of medals – The event will see organization of 416 medal events. 220 medal events will be for men, 180 medals for women, 16 medals for mixed events.
- Conducting the event – According to the published notification, the Paralympic Committee of the nation will look after the monitoring and organization of the games.
- Organization of the event – Starting from the year 2018, the central government will organize this massive sporting event for disabled people after every two years.
- Application mode – All interested and selected applicants will have to enroll for the event via online mode.
Details of events and venue
|Organized sport events||Selected venue for the events|
|1. Chess||1. Kanteerava Stadium|
|2. Badminton||2. Kanteerava Indoor Stadium|
|3. Blind Judo||3. Karnataka Badminton Association Stadium|
|4. Para-Athletics||4. SAI Centre|
|6. Wheelchair Basketball|
|7. Table Tennis|
|8. Wheelchair Fencing|
|9. Para Powerlifting|
|10. Shooting Para-Sport|
Budget for the games
There are no extra points for guessing that the organization of such an event will cost a lot of money. For the betterment and promotion of sports about the disabled candidates, the Ministry of Youth and Sports Affairs has taken up the responsibility of funding the entire event.
Future of the participants
The standard of sport environment in other nations is very high. Unfortunately that is not the case in our nation. Even normal and able-bodies athletes do not get necessary assistance and encouragement. But the central government is all set to change this with the launch of First National Para Games. It has been mentioned that all candidates who participate in this sport meet, will get the opportunity to represent India in Jakarta Para Asian Games. The international event is all set to take place during October 2018.
It is a huge achievement for any nation to acquire medals in an international sporting event. Unfortunately, India does not have a bring representation in Olympics. But the central government is all set change this sorry state, and offer encouragement and exposure to all sports persons.
- Rythu Bheema Scheme Pathakam in Telangana
- Swachh Bharat Summer Internship
- Scheme for Poor Talented Players
- National Sports Talent Search Scheme