(PMKSY) Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana (Food Processing Scheme)
The PMKSY is a scheme started in the year 2016. The Scheme is said to last for 4 years that is from 2016 to 2020. Agricultural Marine Product Processing and Agriculture Processing Cluster Development Scheme were renamed in recent times as Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samapda Yojana.
Aim of PMKSY
The scheme PMKSY is launched to provide a better agricultural standard in the country. The main objective of the scheme is to enhance the technology and working process of agricultural and marine sector. Also use of modern techniques and better quality raw materials will be there under the scheme. It also focuses on the reduction of wastage of agricultural resources.
- Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samapada Yojana is an amalgamation of agricultural and marine product processing development. This scheme gets approved from the cabinet ministry to focus on the development of agricultural product processing.
- A sharp budget of Rs. 6, 000 Cr has been allocated for the project. This will help nearly 20 Lac farmers across India. In the year 2019-20 it is expected to harvest 334 Lac MT of agricultural products. This will lead betterment of massive part of the agricultural India.
- In India food processing is too important. Contribution of food processing in National income of India is significantly high. Looking at the scenariothe central government of India has allowed 100% FDI or foreign direct investment in food processing sector. This scheme will help the nation to move a step forward to enhance the food processing in India.
Benefits from the scheme
- The scheme has launched to enhance the agricultural product processing. With the help of the scheme the farmers will get benefited. Establishment of food processing units will lead to faster and better grading and cleaning of agricultural produce across the nation.
- Also this scheme will lead to generate directly and indirectly more than 5, 30, 000 jobs in rural India. Establishment of agricultural produce processing units will generate more employment in the nation.
- Under this scheme new and modern techniques will be used for the processing. More modernisation will lead to more benefits for the farmers.
PMKSY is a one stop solution for the agricultural processing issues. It was launched earlier but this year it gets approval from the cabinet. As of now many a parts of the nation has been benefited under the scheme. By 2020 the benefits will get boosted much more than before.