(Saubhagya Yojana ) Register in Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana [ Application Form]
Prime Minister Narendra Modi is going to announce a scheme which shall provide 24/7 electricity very soon. This scheme is going to launch on 25th of September all over the country to commemorate the birthday of Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay.
Launched and Start Date Of the Scheme
Saubhagya Yojana will launch across all villages by the end of this year – around December. The villages and especially the rural areas of the country will receive this benefit. It is expected that all the villages will get equal benefits by this scheme by the end of the year.
However, any more details of the scheme have not been released yet. But we can expect that the scheme shall take effect at a very fast rate because it is going to be announced by the end of the month and its implementation shall be seen within 3-4 months itself.
Implementation of the Scheme
- The centre has asked the states to prepare some projects which would help electrify the states individually. Hence we can assume that the center is going to work on an individual state level to implement this scheme.
- More details will come into the surface once the scheme gets launched officially.
- By the end of 2019, the scheme is expected to show effects around the country. However there are certain legislative bottlenecks that need to be addressed first. For example, there needs to be a check on the rules and regulations pertaining to power purchase. Power Minister Mr. Singh has already talked about bringing in some legislative changes to ensure there are stricter rules in power purchase.
- On power sector, the government has also said that the bidding will start from 20,000 MW for wind and from 20,000 MW also for solar energy projects. All of this shall come forth by December.
- Another thing to note is that now the government is implementing very strict guidelines on clean energy. The power minister shall balance the thermal powers so that the projects remain viable at the basic level.
- Dumping duty :Earlier the government was scared that the solar and wind tariffs will become high and they will turn into non performing assets. But the government realizes that a larger percentage of the Indian population is ready to shift to prepaid electricity connection. If they do so, the center will be able to recover the discoms.
Subsidy to be provided under the scheme:
According to the government officials, the scheme will most probably be called Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana and it will also provide subsidies to the poor and the villagers. They will get subsidies to buy equipments like meters, transformers and wires.
There will also be a scheme which shall be listed on the agenda of the cabinet meeting. The government is now gearing up for the 2019 elections and in its midst it is working hard to provide electricity to the villages.
Benefits Of the Scheme :
- With the electric connection in the villages, there will be more benefits to the rural sector.
- The ‘Digital India’ vision will also be further realized and there will be penetration of more technology in the remote areas of the country.
Eventually through all of this, it is estimated that the firms will be able to meet 100% of the power requirements of the state. Also, India is at its nascent stage and now it is estimated that power demand will see an upsurge.