Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY), Registration , Hospital List and Health Card | Health Insurance to the Poor
The Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana or RSBY has been in use since 2008 through the support of the Ministry of Labour and Employment. This is designed to assist Below Poverty Line or BPL residents around the country. It also offers insurance to people who work in many unorganized spaces including as street vendors, sanitations workers and those working in mines among many others. The goal of the system is to offer health insurance.
The national government will pay for the premiums associated with the insurance. State governments will also work with some of the payments with the totals varying by each entity that is handling support in the scheme. BPL households are being supported to ensure that people in many sectors can get the financial support they require for taking care of many health costs. This is all to help people with getting their hospitalization services and other medical-related needs taken care of the right way.
The scheme especially provides better security to those who are poor. Many who are poor are unable to handle many of the medical bills for some of the most serious concerns that they hold. It is a necessity for getting people around the country to feel in control of their lives and with less of a risk of harm in some way.
Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana Hospital List.
There are numerous hospitals attched with this scheme. It is not possible to list all of them in this blog. You can get state wise list of hospital list using this link Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana
There are many important features to find in this particular scheme:
- A cover of Rs. 30,000 is offered to each qualifying participant. This is in accordance with a floater total for a family with as many as five members. The cover is assured for each person who qualifies for the scheme.
- The scheme works for both public and private hospitals alike. This is to allow participants to have a bit of added control for finding hospitals that are not too far away from where they live.
- Transportation charges relating to getting to and from a hospital are to be covered in this policy as well. At least Rs. 100 will be provided in coverage for transportation with a maximum of Rs. 1,000 offered at a given time.
- This works in all parts of India. Individuals can choose to sign up for sign up in individual districts as they see fit but the information they use can still be sent out to different spots all around India. This should be useful in any hospital around the country.
In addition to these key points, it should be easier for the country to provide people with appropriate services as needed. This includes help for getting people in rural areas served. This is critical as many people in these parts of the country are unable to get access to many services from hospitals.
Health Smart cards
With many people qualifying for the program, the need for people to keep their accounts secured will be essential to notice. There are many important security features that are to be used in the program:
- Health Smart cards are used in the process. A card will include a person’s fingerprint and photo. The scheme provider is very responsible and liable for any issues that come with cards not being as useful as they should be. The cards are especially encrypted with information that is guaranteed to be accurate.
- All hospitals that participate will use proper IT systems to reach each of these smart cards. The key is to decode the information on each card to confirm a person’s identity and to find as much information on that person as possible. Fingerprint verification features are also to be used.
- The smart card system is designed to work as a cashless and paperless system. This keeps the threat of black money and other problems relating to print-based materials from being a significant issue.
- Analytical reports on the scheme and how well it is being used will be generated regularly. This is to check on how well different aspects relating to the program are running and that its information is being handled in a fair manner.
To get into the scheme, a participant will have to meet the following standards to make it work:
- Anyone who is in a BPL household or in an unorganized line of labor will qualify for the scheme. People who are registered under welfare boards may also qualify for getting into the program.
- There are no age limits as to how old someone can be in order to qualify. This can work with any member of one’s family regardless of that person’s age.
- Families with up to five members are qualified. Additional outside coverage will be required for other people in the event that there are at least six family members being handled.
Estimates suggest that about a third of the Indian population can qualify to utilize this scheme. It is uncertain as to how many people have actually gotten into the scheme though. Still, it is open right now to all those who can qualify to participate in the scheme within the country.
Enrollment and Registration
Enrollment stations around India will be available for people to sign up for RSBY. A person who applies must have proof of one’s status as the head of a household. Detailed information on the household and identifying points for everyone involved must be provided. This is to confirm one’s identity with regards to getting into the scheme. Information on one’s income status and line of work should especially be used.
A total charge of Rs.30 per family will have to be paid as well. This is to handle the processing involved with getting into the program. Proper smart cards will be provided although some additional support for managing the transaction should be included in the process. This is to get a transaction taken care of with enough support.
Each enrollment station will have a listing of families in a local area that are eligible to enroll in the scheme. This is to simplify the overall process of getting into the plan. This is especially to see that the right people in each household will be eligible to get a part of the scheme to work for them.
The scheme is available for use with annual memberships required. It will cost Rs. 30 per year for a family to get into the program. The enrollment process will have to be completed each year as a means of confirming a person’s identity as well as the identities of those living in the particular household.
How Much Money Involved?
The national government has put in a significant amount of money into the system. It has grown in size to where Rs. 1,100 crore had been used in the 2012-13 year. This is more than twice what was used during the 2010-11 period, thus suggesting that the program is experiencing a significant amount of growth. However, about Rs. 3,300 crore will be required in order to get every single person who can qualify for the scheme to get into the program.
It takes a bit for someone to get into the scheme after enrolling. Due to the processing required for getting it handled properly, the scheme will start working after the first of the next month. Therefore, if a person enrolls in the middle of June, that person will not get coverage on the policy until July 1st. Therefore, it is often best to be cautious with regards to health-related services in the event that one has applied for the program far too early in a month.
How Other Parties Benefit
Parties other than the person who qualifies for the insurance program can also benefit from the scheme:
- The government can offer health care services to people who qualify at Rs. 750 per family per year. This allows for a bit of added competition between private and public entities alike. This in turn should improve upon how the national healthcare system works.
- Hospitals will be paid through each beneficiary. The hospital will get its entire bill payments handled automatically, thus making it easier for a person to get the benefits that one wants out of the policy.
- Insurance providers will get premiums from state governments. These are in addition to payments from the national government. The payments help providers to manage the insurance solutions that they have to offer to all those who qualify.
- NGOs, MFIs and other third parties associated with insurance functions can also participate in the scheme. This is to help BPL households and to get payments from the government for the services that they may offer to others.
RSBY Helpline Number and Other Points
Smart Card :- What is a Smart Card? These Cards are as well called ICC cards, which has numerous vital records saved into coordinated circuits. It bears Candidates Name, Gender, Photograph and Age. It assists in giving advantages of RSBY in some blocked off territories.
Facility :- Recipient will be recuperated additionally from Precedent sickness or infection.
No Cash Utilization :- There’ll be no hard cash use in the entire services of health given to the BPL family groups. It will be absolutely a Cashless Coverage.
TA :- They’ll be additionally furnished with the TA (Transportation Allowances) up to Rs 1000.
Age Limit :- No Age limitation to enlist for Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana.
Medicine and Hospitalization Expenses :- Medicine and Hospitalization Expenses will be secured, whether the illness is Pro Existing or Pre Existing.
Registration Charge :- Charge of 30 Rupees will be needed for Registration Fee.
Helpline Number / Customer Care :- 1800-345-5384
What is the Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana Coverage and Premium?
RSBY gives premium up to 750 Rupees. Henceforth, coverage of Annual Insurance won’t surpass 30,000 Rupees for five individuals of the same family. During renewal or registration of the Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana plan, the recipient simply needs to pay 30 Rupees. Premiums for Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana are as per the following:
|Railway Vendors and Porters:||APL (Above Poverty Line) class will get the whole Premium.|
|Construction Workers:||Construction Workers will get the whole Premium.|
|Central and State Government:||From the whole premium 75 percent of the whole premium is apportioned by the Central Government and balance 25% is apportioned by the State Government.|
Modi government have announced that existing Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana would be converted into AYushman Bharat Yojana, where each family will get a medical health insurance of rs 5 Lakhs per year. The premium of this scheme would be born by government.