(scholarship.up.nic.in) UP Scholarship and Fee Reimbursement Online System [2017-18, Dates, Registration, Pre Matric and Post Matric, Student Name List] | छात्रवृति एवं शुल्क प्रतिपूर्ति ऑनलइन प्रणाली
The Uttar Pradesh state government has started a new scholarship scheme UP Scholarship 2017-18 for the needy yet meritorious students across the state. The scholarship will be given to all the students from pre-matric that is school level to post-matric that is from 11th standard to post graduation as well as doctorate courses.
UP scholarship program has been set up with association with institutions in the state. For the post-matric courses such as post graduation and doctorate the program has associated with institution out of the state too. The online portal UP Scholarship and Fee Reimbursement Online System is being established by the state government of UP for better administration of the program.
UP Scholarship 2017: Dates
To get the scholarship in Uttar Pradesh the applicant has to apply through online registration. The online registration for a new applicant was held from 1 June 17 to 31 Aug 17. The students who are already registered with the scholarship plan are required to renew their scholarship tenure for another year. The dates for renewal of the scholarship started from 1 June 17 and ended on 31 Jul 17.
Renewal Dates for Post-Matric:
- Last date to apply for the renewal of post-matric students is 28 Sep 17. Within 3 days of submitting the form online students can rectify the information (if entered any wrong details). Last date for submitting the print out of the online form to the college authority is 4 Oct17. The transfer of benefit will be held by the Jan 18.
UP Scholarship 2017: Pre-Matric
The Pre-matric section in the UP scholarship program covers the students who are in school level. Children who are studying in school from class 1 to class 10 are considered under the pre-matric section.
Eligibility Pre-Matric Scholarship :
As mentioned that the applicant must be in school. She/he has to study in 1st to 10th standard.
- Qualification: The applicant has to be a student of state / central government run school, government undertaking schools or any educational institution recognised by government.
- Family Income: The annual family income of the students under pre-matric depends on the category of the student.
|Annual income of the family||Category|
|Rs. 19,884/- for Rural Areas
Rs. 25,546/- for Urban Areas
|Rs. 30,000/-||Scheduled Caste|
|Rs. 30,000/-||Scheduled Tribe|
|Rs. 30,000/-||Other backward Classes|
Amount to be given under the Scholarship (Pre-Matric):
Depending on the class of the student the scholarship amount will be decided. The monthly scholarship amount to be paid as follows to the students of the schools:
|Scholarship Amount||Class of the student|
|Rs. 25/- per month / Rs. 300/- per year||From 1st standard to 5th standard|
|Rs. 40 per month / Rs. 480/- per year||From 6th standard to 8th standard|
|Rs. 60/- per month / Rs. 720/- per year||From 9th standard to 10th standard|
UP Scholarship 2017: Post-Matric
Under post-matric, applicants who are student of 11th standard, 12th standard, Under Graduation, Post Graduation and also doctorate courses are being considered as eligible candidates.
Other eligibility criteria for Post-Matric are as follows:
- Qualification: There are 575 courses in total that are being sponsored under UP Scholarship program. The entire courses are divided into 4 broad groups. On the basis of these groups the amount of scholarship is being paid to the students.
- Family Income: The family income, unlike the pre-matric, is less than Rs. 2, 00,000/- for all the categories. Whether the applicant belongs to general, minor, SC, ST or OBC category, the annual family income must not exceed Rs. 2, 00,000/- to eligible for the program.
- Registered Institution: Unlike the pre-matric section, here in post-matric section the institution or the college has to be registered with Online Master Database. If any college / institution / university failed to do so, the student, studying under the institution will not be eligible for scholarship. To register in Online Master Database college authorities have to give written application.
The amount to be given under the Scholarship (Post-Matric):
As mentioned there will be 4 broad groups of students in the program. Group-wise amount will be decided. Also students who are living in hostels will get higher amount than the ones who are day scholars. The amount list is as follows:
|Groups||Students living in hostels||Day students|
|1st Group||Rs. 1200/- per month||Rs. 550/- per month|
|2nd Group||Rs. 820/- per month||Rs. 530/- per month|
|3rd Group||Rs. 570/- per month||Rs. 300/- per month|
|4th Group||Rs. 380/- per month||Rs. 230/- per month|
UP Scholarship 2017: Application Form
- Fresh Applicant:
Students are required to fill up an online form to apply for the scholarship http://scholarship.up.nic.in/RegistrationNew.aspx. There is no offline mode of application for this program. For the post-matric students there are few steps to be considered while applying for the scholarship.
- Step 1: This is for all the students (pre-matric and post-matric). Visit the official website of the scholarship authority. Find and fill up the online form given for the program in the website. One must enter all the mandatory information in the form.
- Step 2: The Post-matric students are needed to take the print out of the filled up form and submit it to the college / institution / university authority for further process.
- Step 3: The authority will verify the given information with the online details and other documents produced by the students to the college authority. Once the verification is completed the forms will be forwarded to higher authority by the college. For the pre-matric students, all these steps are done by the school authority.
For the students studying in 11th and 12th standard, the application and renewal process will be same as pre-matric. Only the UG, PG and Doctoral students will have to follow the steps mentioned above.
- Renewal of the existing applicant
For the existing applicants, there is a unique registration ID for each of the student. This ID was generated and sent to the student at the time of fresh application. The students who are willing to renew the scholarship program can use the registration ID to log in to the website and apply for the renewal.
Uttar Pradesh technical University
Uttar Pradesh Technical University or UPTU is established by the state government of UP. It is a university that offers various schemes and scholarship programs for the students studying under the university. Under this university students who are the batch toppers, rank holders and other position holder in various exams will be provided special schemes for competitive exams like GRE/Advanced GRE/GATE/GMAT/IAS and many more.
There are a number of courses and examinations held under this university. They are NTSE or National Talent Search Examination, UPSTSE or Uttar Pradesh Science and Technology Scholarship Examination and many others.
UP Scholarship 2017: Status
The applicants who have already applied for the scholarship but didn’t get any further instruction or information from the authority can check their application status online. Visit the official website http://scholarship.up.nic.in/. In the top menu bar, the applicants will get the ‘Status’ tab. By clicking on the tab, the applicant will be redirected to the login page where registration number and date of birth must be entered to know the status of the application. As of now only 2016-17 status are being showing. Current year data is not available yet.
UP Scholarship 2017: Beneficiaries
- General: Total number of beneficiaries (Pre + Post Matric) is 43 Lac. Total granted scholarship amount is Rs. 380 Cr. (Approx) for both the pre-matric and post-matric students.
- Scheduled Caste: Total number of beneficiaries (pre + post matric) is 110 Lac (approx). The granted scholarship amount is Rs. 435 Cr. (Approx).
- Scheduled Tribe: Total number of beneficiaries (pre + post matric) is 2 Lac (approx). The granted scholarship amount is Rs. 10 Cr. (Approx).
- Minority: Total number of beneficiaries (pre + post matric) is 42 Lac (approx). The granted scholarship amount is Rs. 200 Cr. (Approx).
- Other Backward Class: Total number of beneficiaries (pre + post matric) is 170 Lac (approx). The granted scholarship amount is Rs. 950 Cr. (Approx).
The scholarship scheme in UP has witnessed a sharp success in past years. The more than Rs. 2000 Cr project has been started to enhance the educational system in the state. Those who have financial barriers and are unable to pursuit their higher studies can now easily take up more courses with the scholarship program. For the school students in remote rural areas or backward regions the UP scholarship 2017 program will wide open the path for education.