Sugamya Bharat Abhiyan Campaign | Essay | Slogan | Hindi PDF
The Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi launched a very generous and much anticipated campaign named ‘Accessible India Campaign’ or ‘Sugamya Bharat Abhiyan.’ The Indian government took this step as a bid to make India friendlier towards the disabled people. This is a project worth appreciating. The project has been built under a sole objective and that is to empower the disabled people by helping them to travel easily and move around different public places.
For the physically disabled peoples, life is not a bed full of roses. They have to think of the stairs as a barrier in their life. Every day they have to face different problems and thus their lives are very hard. Actually, we are all physically disabled at some stage in our lives. A person who has a broken hand or leg or an elderly gentleman are all disabled in some way or the other. Therefore, the society must fulfill the needs of the disabled because most of the people in a society are disabled in a particular way. So, this project will help these people with various disabilities.
Sugamya Bharat Abhiyan Introduction
The Government of India has launched many campaigns over the past few years. The Sugamya Bharat Abhiyan campaign was one of the most anticipated campaign and most welcomed campaign over the years. The think tank behind the campaign must be appreciated for their bold step to help the disabled. The idea itself is very noble and the public support adds to the idea of this campaign. Overall, the Sugamya Bharat Abhiyan has been receiving a lot of praises and this campaign should be successful.
Accessible India Campaign (Sugamya Bharat Abhiyan)
Sugamya Bharat Abhiyan or largely known as the Accessible India Campaign is an initiative of 5 years. This campaign looks forward to help the disabled persons in India and make sure they contribute to the economy of the country. This campaign has the ability and the commitment to empower the disabled persons. According to most of the pundits, this project will at least provide 6-10% people with the chance to do something for their country.
Perspective of Sugamya Bharat Abhiyan
Most of the people in India are saying that this project is a morale booster for the disabled people. The point of view is to help the disable people to think that they belong to this society and they can be an important part of the society which will boost up their self esteem and they will not consider their disability as their weakness. Building up the confidence of the disabled people and helping them to overcome their disability is the sole perspective behind this project.
Objective of Sugamya Bharat Abhiyan
- The campaign underlines that all persons with disabilities or as they are called as the PwDs (Person with Disabilities), should have the chance to live as they like.
- The campaign emphasizes that the PwDs should involve themselves in all aspects of life as the other members in the society.
- The disables persons can live freely and enjoy every other right as the physically fit ones and this freedom will make their lives safe, decorous and productive.
- This campaign will make the public places and transports disable-friendly.
- This campaign promises that the tourist places, the airports and the railways stations will be friendly places for the disabled people.
- The disabled people will be treated in the same manner as the able ones when they will seek for information from the Information and Communication Technology in the country as per the campaign.
- This campaign promises to be a nation-wide awareness campaign and it obliges to create a barrier-free society for the disabled ones.
Consequently, Accessible India Campaign or the Sugamya Bharat Abhiyan is called as a flagship drive in the whole nation.
Phases of Sugamya Bharat Abhiyan
- In the 1st phase, this campaign will try to achieve three goals which include the built-up environment, transportation eco-system and the communication and information eco-system.
- The campaign will try to create mass awareness and they will use social media and IT for doing this. This campaign will follow its predetermined timeline.
- This campaign is also looking to engage and commit different sorts of people like the government officers, the students, the professionals, and the common people and so on.
- After appropriate auditing by professional agencies, state governments must have to select about 100 public buildings in the big cities and they will also have to select citizen centric public websites and convert them to disabled-friendly.
- All of these phases will be supported by the Scheme of Implementation of Persons with Disabilities Act (SIPDA). It is an ancillary scheme under DEPwD.
- DEPwD will create Accessible Police Stations, Accessible Hospitals and Accessible Tourism among the whole country and they will work together with the Family Welfare, Ministry of Tourism and the Ministry of Home to ensure these facilities.
- The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting will improve the accessibility to television broadcasts by adding features like captioning and audio description.
The government has contributed a lot to this project. It was their idea to introduce their project and since then they have contributed a lot to this project. Straight away after launching this project, DEPwD has commenced a 7 month period to audit different government buildings all across the country. Earlier it was estimated that 5,000 public buildings, 27 airports and 75 railways stations will be retrofitted before July, 2016. The DEPwD is also planning to reconvert those buildings to make them accessible to the disabled people. The government is also looking forward to make the major government websites W3C compliant. The government has also passed different laws and acts to support this cause. They made tireless approaches to emphasize the universal accessibility to the disabled people. Whether this approach will be successful or not, the government has made sure that India is among the countries that care for their citizens.
Mobile App and Web Portal for Sugamya Bharat Abhiyan
Sugamya Bharat Abhiyan will create a mobile app along with a web portal in English, Hindi and all regional languages. The app and the web portal will obtain the information of the nearby accessible places and it will also provide the information of the inaccessible places across the country. With the help of the mobile app, one can easily click a photograph or video of any place which is inaccessible and he can upload the same photo on the portal to make it accessible. The mobile app will also have the stipulation of assessing the accessible place by the users.
Facility under Sugamya Bharat Abhiyan
The disabled people of the country will have the ability to access inaccessible places with the help of the campaign. They will also enjoy freedom and independence and this independence will make their life creative and entertaining. Most of the disabled people have a low self esteem. This project will help them regain their lost self esteem. They will enjoy the facilities of the able people and they won’t consider them as the different ones. This campaign itself is a noble approach and the disabled people should enjoy access to a lot of buildings, airport, railway stations, and transports through this campaign.
Response to the Sugamya Bharat Abhiyan Campaign
Most of the people in India have acknowledged this campaign as a great step towards humanity. Besides, India has now qualified as a caring country for the citizens. Most of the pundits also feel that this campaign is a noble step and a blessing for the country. It is thought that this campaign has already helped 6-10% of the disabled peoples. There are 207.8 laks disabled people in India as per 2011. So, this project will help them a lot.
Please follow this link for sugamya bharat abhiyan in hindi