Amma Two Wheeler Scheme Form Download – 50% Subsidy on Scooters in TN @tamilnadumahalir.org portal Last date extended till 10 Feb 2018
The state government of Tamil Nadu has announced to launch the new scheme for women termed as the Amma Two Wheeler Scheme. Under the new scheme the state government shall be offering with financial assistance to the women of the state who need mode of transport for moving from their work place and back. The state government has stated that it shall be offering women applicants with benefit for applying for the purchase of Two wheeler Scooter at the subsidized rate by the government. The employed women have great news as they will be able to apply for Amma-2 Wheeler scheme till 10th of February, 2018. It is expected that a lot of women will register themselves under this scheme as the date has been extended from 5th February to 10th February.
|1||Name||Amma Two Wheeler Scheme|
|2||Announced By||Edappadi K Palaniswami|
|5||Start Date – End Date||22 Jan- 10 Feb|
|6||Subsidy Amount||50% (25000/-)|
|7||Subsidy Will be given from||24 Feb (Birth anniversary of Amma Jayalalitha)|
|8||Target Audience||Women (18 to 40 years )|
|9||Special Guest||PM Narendra Modi|
- The new scheme for implementation has been announced by Banwarilal Purohit (TN state Governor). The announcement for implementation was officially announced by the governor while addressing the General assembly at the Cabinet meeting.
- According to the statements made the new scheme will be fully functional within the state starting from 24th February 2018. The process of inviting application from the beneficiaries under the scheme will be available online from 22nd January 2018 till 10th February 2018.
- The event of launch of the new scheme will be officially undertaken by the State Chief Minister Edappadi K Palaniswami on the occasion of the Birth Anniversary of former CM Jaya Lalitha.
Features of the Scooter
- The state government has announced that under the scheme beneficiaries will be financed for two wheeler gearless scooter. So the women will be able to purchase auto-geared scooties.
- According to the statements made the government has also ensured that to make it more fuel efficient the government will select scooter that is powered by 125cc engine.
- In case any applicant is physically disabled then she can also request for a retrofitted third spare wheel for balancing.
Any women who wants to take the benefit under this scheme will have to meet the below mentioned criteria features.
- The government has already made it clear that the benefit under the scheme can only be availed by woman who is a local resident and citizen of the state of Tamil Nadu.
- The beneficiary will be offered with benefit under the scheme only if she is between age group 18 years to 40 years at the time of application. In order to apply under the scheme it is also important that the beneficiary should be holding a valid driving license for two wheeler.
- She should be well efficient to drive the vehicle safely without loosing her control when driving. The government has also stated that the beneficiary should have an annual income that should not exceed Rs 2.5 lakh annually.
- The government has also mentioned that to get the benefit the women should have cleared at least her 8th grade primary school education from the school. In case the beneficiary belongs to the rural or hilly area then she shall be offered with priority under the scheme.
- According to the recommendations made the women who are house wife and head of the family are also eligible to apply under the scheme. Apart from this physically disabled women and transgender are also eligible to apply under the scheme for its benefit. Single mothers and divorcee women can also take benefit of this new scheme.
- Under the new scheme the state government will offer the beneficiary with a subsidy for the purchase of the scooter. The subsidy offered will be equivalent to around 50 percent of the overall cost of the two wheel vehicle.
- The state government has also made it clear that the subsidy under the scheme will be offered to the beneficiary by the state government, rest amount for purchase will be funded by the beneficiaries. A subsidy amount of Rs 25000 will be offered by the government at the time of sanction.
- The government has also ensured that to offer with efficient benefit under the scheme the subsidy amount will be directly credited in the beneficiaries bank account. The disbursement of the amount will be done once all legal documents have been submitted.
- The beneficiary will also be offered with financial assistant for purchasing the vehicle directly by the non banking and banking financial institutions. The disbursement will be made after considering the RBI norms.
- The state government also expects to offer benefit of the new scheme to over 1 lakh women of the state under the scheme once they fulfill the eligibility criteria.
How to apply and Download form
- To apply under the scheme the beneficiary women can directly visit the official website at tamilnadumahalir.org. Please use these links to download form
- The beneficiaries are expected to fill in all the details on the application form with their personal information including name, husbands name and details of their district, block and village or panchayat.
- The applicants also have to provide with their residential address and contact details. They will also have to provide details of their marital status and religion. The duly filled in forms can then be submitted to the respective office.
- Each of the beneficiary is expected to submit a copy of their residential proof stating their citizen ship of the state. They also have to submit a copy of the age proof including birth certificate.
- The beneficiary is expected to submit a valid proof of their regular source of income along with their caste certificate issued by the authorities. To get the benefit in the bank they have to submit a valid bank account details, education certificate proof and Aadhar card details.
- The beneficiaries are also expected to submit a copy of the Driving license along with the receipt of the vehicle booked by the authorized dealer.
Under the new scheme the state government aims at offering financial assistance to the needy women of the state so they can get access to their personal transport system. This will make the process of travelling for the women much more easier within the state.
According to latest reports from the PMO, Narendra Modi will be present for the launch of the Amma scooter scheme on 24th February 2018 at Chennai. The new scheme for implementation is one of the AIADMK Government’s dream scheme that is focused to offer with 50 percent subsidy to the beneficiaries registered under the scheme. The project was initially introduced for implementation by Late CM Jaya Lalitha and is presently been launched under the leadership of Chief Minister E. K .Palanisami on the 70th birth anniversary of for Late CM.
- Process of making E Way Bill Registration
- Bano Udyami campaign in Bihar
- Register for Free Set Top Boxes Scheme Tamilnadu Arasu Cable TV
- Apply and Check TNPDS Tamil Nadu Smart Ration card Status