Register for Vidyarthi Vigyan Manthan Scheme @http://vvm.org.in/home/registration
The central government wants all school students to take an added interest in science related subjects. Studying science will assist them in getting exposure to a host of topics, and they will be able to widen their horizon as well. The education department has launched a new scheme, named Vidyarthi Vigyan Manthan Scheme that will test the aptitude of school students and provide monetary rewards to the winners. It will encourage them to take part in the all Indian basis competitive exams as well.
Important dates of the scheme
The launch and implementation of the scheme has already started and the test will be conducted in 2017 itself. The notification has been published by the National Council of Education Research and Training. As per the guidelines, all interested candidates are to complete the registration procedure. It has commenced from 1st of Jul and has ended on the 30th Sept 2017. All required study materials will be uploaded on the authorized web page on the 1st Oct 2017 and admit cards or hall tickets will be given from 25th Nov 2017. The assessment is to take place on 26th Nov and the outcome of the first round will be confirmed on that day itself. The state level camp will be organized between 10th Jan to 25th Feb 2018 while the national level camp will be held between on 12th and 13th May 2018.
Objectives of the scheme
- Encouraging pupils – The scheme has been targeted towards increasing the interest of school students in science subjects. They will get monetary rewards and a chance to visit such institutes, which will increase their knowledge horizon.
- Encouraging the schools to participate – As the pupils can only register via the school, the scheme will provide the necessary encouragement to all schools to take part in the scheme and give a chance to its students.
- Making the students knowledgeable – The task of making the syllabus has been entrusted with the NCERT. The academic curriculum of the classes and the exam syllabus will be similar to one another. It will assist the applicants in revising the topics for the main exam of the school also.
- For candidates of junior and senior batches – The candidates have been divided into senior and junior batches. Candidates studying in 6 to 11th standards will take part in the competitive exams. Candidates of class 6 to 8 will fall in the junior category while students of classes 9 to 11 will be indicated as senior group.
- Making the student tech savvy – As the preliminary test will be conducted via the VVM application, the students will get exposed to technology as well. It will assist in the expansion of Digital India movement as well.
- Four level examination – The examination will be conducted in various levels and each level will test the overall aptitude of the candidates in various ways. Tier 1 will be held at school level, Tier 2 will be held at District level, Tier 3 will be held at state level and Tier 4 will be held at the national level.
Eligibility criteria of the scheme
- Class related criteria – The guidelines of the scheme highlight that the students who are studying in the classes 6 to 11 will only be able to take part in the scheme.
- School related criteria – The guideline also highlights that any school that is registered with the NCERT will be able to apply. The school can be under the ICSE, CBSE, state board or KV board.
- Gender related criteria – There is no bar on the gender of the applicants. Any girl or boy, who meets the requirements, will be able to sit for the exams.
- School application is a must – Before the candidate can apply under the scheme, the school will have to register its name. Without this, the students’ application will not be processed.
Syllabus details and examination patterns
The preliminary entrance exam paper will contain 100 questions in all, spanning over the topics mentioned in the syllabus. Each question will have four options. The exam has a MCQ or multiple choice patterns, wherein the candidate will have to choose the right option.
The value of each question is 2. Thus, the overall valuation of the entire paper is 200. The duration of the examination is 120 minutes. After the time is up, the app will stop the process automatically. The virtual question paper will be available in many languages so that candidates can pick the one that they are well-versed in. Apart from English and Hindi, the paper is made available in Tamil, Malayalam, Telugu, Kannada, Bengali Marathi, Odia, Gujarati, and Punjabi.
All details related to the syllabus and the examination pattern can be acquired from the http://vvm.org.in/home/registration link. Once you get into the page, you can access the information from the tab marked as “Examination Details”
- Questions related to science and mathematics – This section will contain a total of 40 questions. The value of each question is 2 marks. All questions will be according to the syllabus framed by the NCERT.
- Questions related to the Indian contribution in the field of science – This section has 20 questions, each correct answer will fetch 2 marks for the candidate. All these questions will be framed from the study material that is given by the VVM.
- Questions related to life and works of Vikram Sarabhai and Homi Bhaba – This section has 20 questions. Each one will carry 2 marks and it will also be formed from the material that is given by the VVM site.
- Questions related to General Knowledge, Reasoning and Logic – Each candidate will be tested with general knowledge, reasoning and logic related 20 questions. It will test the general awareness and aptitude of the students.
Award details of the scheme
As the overall exam pattern included four distinct levels, the award pattern is also designed accord http://vvm.org.in/home/registrationingly .
The winners of school level exam or Tier 1 will be awarded with merit certificates from the respective department. In this tier, the department will select a total of 18 candidates, 3 top students from each class.
The winners of the district level exam or Tier 2 will be given merit certificates and they will also be taken to an educational cum leisure trip to any research institute that is located within the district. Here, 18 candidates will be chosen from the entire district, 3 top rank holders from every class.
The winners of the state level examination or Tier 3 will be given the opportunity of attend the state camp. They will also receive a state camp certificate and a memento. Apart from this, the top three candidates, from every class, will receive a monetary award of Rs. 5000, Rs. 3000 and Rs. 2000 respectively. The merit list will contain the names of 18 candidates. The winners will be taken on trip to any National Research Institute.
Three toppers of the National level examination will receive monetary rewards as well. Here too, 18 winners will be selected for receiving the rewards. They will receive a National Camp Participation certificate and memento. The top three candidates in the national camp will get cash prize of Rs. 25,000, Rs. 15,000 and Rs. 10,000 respectively. These candidates will be able to take a trip to any research institute. It can be within the country or in a foreign land.
The 18 candidates who will prove themselves worthy at the zonal levels will be given Rs. 5000, Rs. 3000 and Rs. 2000, for securing the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place respectively.
School registration process
- Registration of the respective schools is a must before the any individual applications can be made. For the registration of the school, the selection of a exam coordinator is a must. It must be done by the respective school authority.
- The coordinator will have the responsibility of applying on behalf of the school. He will have to fill in the form and submit it accordingly to get the name of the school registered.
- The registration must be filled with the school’s name, GEO mapping details, address, UDIES codes. Apart from this, the name of the principal and the coordinator must also be mentioned in the form.
- Once the data has been filled in, the admin of the VVM scheme will have to make the verifications. If the data is correct then the verification process will be completed and the school will get official registration.
- All registered schools will be provided with a verification link. The link will be sent via an email. Thus, the coordinator must provide the official email ID of the school as well.
- The UDIES will be allocated as the verification and identification code of that specific school.
Student registration process
- All candidates who are interested in taking part in the evaluation examination must reach the office of the respective exam coordinator. The coordinator will then upload the details of the students in the candidate application form.
- The details like name of the candidate, the standard in which they study, their email ID and Aadhar code must be provided. The coordinator can upload the details one at a time or get the hold of the downloadable excel sheet and fill it up with the details of all candidates. Then the excel sheet can be uploaded in a single go.
- A payment of Rs. 100 must be done by the candidate. It is the fee for taking part in the exam. It can be made via online modes like net banking.
- Once the payment has been registered successfully, each candidate will receive an OTP. It will assist the verification process. With successful verification, the candidate will get access to his or her profile details.
- The profile page will require a photo of the student, details of the gadget from where he/she will access the questions. Once these details are made available, the verification candidates will be finished.
- The chance of making any changes in the details of the gadget will be available till 72 hours before the commencement of the actual examination.
VVM app details
- The candidate will be notified by the respective department after 16th November about the activation of the application. Once the link is activated, downloading the app must be finished within 16th to 23rd
- After the date is over, no candidate will be able to download the app from the net. After the application has been downloaded successfully, it must be verified to make sure that it is the latest version or not.
- The application must be made on the official website of the scheme. The link to the page is vvm.org.in and it will issue each applicant with an ID and a password. These two will give access to the actual profile of the interested candidate.
- The candidate can log on to the Google PlayStore and search with the name of the application “VVM EXAM APP.” Once the app link appears, it must be installed immediately.
- The app can be downloaded and installed on all gadgets, running on Android, iOs and Windows operating systems.
- Once the app installation is complete, the VVM Exam icon has to be clicked on. It will trigger the app to display the login page. The password and the user name must be typed in to activate it.
- It will assist the candidate in getting access to the main page that will display the various options that the app contains.
- Apart from the calendar and the syllabus, any candidate can opt for the mock test by clicking on that specific option.
- If the candidate wants to take a look at his/her profile details, then he/she will have to select the Profile option.
- The mock exam option will give each candidate a look at the question pattern and the ways in which he/she will have to answer the questions on the actual day of the examination.
How to download the admit card?
- Each candidate will have to get their admit card from the authorized web page of the exam portal. The link to get the admit card will be activated on the 25th of November.
- After the specific date, the candidate will have to log in on the authorized web page with the registration credentials and then click on the specific link to download the admit card or the roll number.
If any candidate or school is interested in taking part in the all Indian basis competitive examination, they can acquire the details from the authorized portal of program. With one click on the email@example.com link, you will reach the site and then get the details by navigating on the several tabs. The helpline numbers are +91 9717877701, +91 8802415217. Any written queries can be sent to the office of the National Convener of Vijnana Bharati. The address is:
Dr. Arvind C Ranade
VVM, Vijnana Bharati
C-486, Defence Colony
New Delhi – 110024
This unique program will not only encourage the school students but will also give the parents an added reason to send their wards to the school. Apart from testing the academic skills of each candidate, it will encourage the schools to provide the right environment for the pupils.