Aikyashree Minority Scholarship Scheme 2020 in West Bengal (Online Application Form Download, Eligibility, Document, Track Check Your Status, Amount, Types of Scholarship, How to apply)
The central government has come up with several educational grant schemes for the students, hailing from minority communities. The West Bengal government also implemented similar projects, with the aim of offering financial assistance to the needy students. The latest grant scheme that has been targeted towards the betterment of the minority community pupils is the Aikyashree Minority Scholarship Scheme. Under this scheme, an annual financial amount will be given to the beneficiaries. In this article, you will gather information about the features, eligibility and the application process of the scheme.
Launch details of the scheme
Name of the scheme
Aikyashree Minority Scholarship Scheme
Date of announcement
Date of implementation
Students from minority communities
Key features of the scheme
- Financial support for education – The primary objective of the authority was to encourage students, belonging to minority groups to pursue education. The scheme also lessens their financial burdens.
- Grant amount – The grant amount for the matric level scholarship holders will be Rs. 1100. However, the beneficiaries, opting for higher education will be entitled to receive 10% extra grant.
- Payment frequency – The West Bengal government will grant the education grant to every beneficiary on an annual basis.
- Mode of payment – The state government has decided that the beneficiaries of this scheme will get the grant in their bank accounts via the Direct Benefit Transfer process.
- Grant types – The scheme draft highlights that the state government will provide three types of educational scholarships for the students. The first types is for students of class 1 to class 10, the second type is for the students of class 11 to Ph.D. level courses, and the third type is for those who pursue professional courses.
- Estimated beneficiaries – The official of West Bengal government has stated that around 42 lakh eligible applicants will be directly benefitted from this project.
Click Here for Krishak Bandhu Scheme Form
Types of educational grants
- Pre Matric Grant – The minority school students, from standard 1 to standard 10 can opt for this scholarship.
- Post Matric Grant – The minority pupils, who are studying in class 11 to the Ph.D levels, will be granted the permission to acquire this scholarship.
- Merit-cum-Means Grant – The minority pupils, who have registered for professional and technical programs can apply for this scholarship.
Eligibility for the applicants
- Resident of West Bengal – As this scheme has been sponsored by the state government; only the legal and permanent residents of West Bengal will be able to enroll.
- Recognized educational institute – The educational institute must be registered with the state or central education department.
- Must belong to minority community – The scheme draft highlights that only the members of the minority communities will be allowed to become a beneficiary of this scheme.
- Family income criterion – The applicants opting for Pre and Post Matric scholarships must have a yearly family income that is not more than Rs. 2 lakhs. However, the upper family income limit is Rs. 2.5 lakhs for those who want to opt for Merit-cum-Means grant.
- Marks-related criterion – The applicants must attain at least 50% in the last examination that they appeared for.
- Location of the institute – The applicant, opting for Pre and Post Matric grant need to take admission in a college or university that is located within West Bengal. However, the candidates, opting for Merit-cum-Means grant will be permitted to partake in the scheme even if they study in an institute that is outside the state.
Click Here for Check Rupashree Prakalpa Scheme Application Status
Documents necessary for application
- Residential certificate – It is necessary that the candidates submit copies of their residential proof documents for scrutiny.
- Identification proof – The applicant needs to provide a copy of his/her Aadhar Card.
- Details of the academic institute – The documents, which highlight the name and status of the academic institute, and the course that the applicant is pursuing, are mandatory
- Mark sheet – The candidate needs to attach a copy of the mark sheet of the last examination to support score claims.
- Family income certificate – A copy of the income certificate of the applicant’s parents must be furnished with the enrollment document.
- Minority certificate – All applicants must attach copies of their minority certificates.
- Bank account details – The applicant must submit such papers, which shed light on the bank account details, where the grant money will be deposited.
How to get application form and register for the scheme?
- Scheme portal –
The interested applicants will have to complete the registration process online. The West Bengal government has already launched a scheme site for this. You need to click on the link.
- Registration activation –
Applicants will see several options at the top corner on the right-hand side. A new applicant needs to click on the “New Registration” to activate the enrollment process.
- Register location –
After clicking on the registration button, the applicant will get access to another page. He/she will see the names of all the districts in West Bengal. The applicant needs to check the box on the native district.
- Online form –
It will trigger the site to open the digitized application form. The candidate needs to fill this form with the necessary details, and attach the scanned copies of the documents.
- Form submission –
Once the candidate completes the form-fill up, he/she can submit and save the online enrollment document by clicking on the “Submit” button.
- User ID –
Once the form has been submitted, the site will generate a User ID for the candidate.
Click Here for Jan Arogya Yojana Details
How to check the application status?
- Application tracking – The candidates will get the “Track an Application” option on the homepage. Clicking on this option will take them to the application tracking page.
- Feed in tracking details – The candidate must select the district, and type in the User ID and captcha code in the application tracking box.
- Activate the tracking process – Then he/she can click on the “Submit” button. It will highlight the current status of the application.
The implementation of the scheme was done to offer financial grant to those minority students, who were unable to acquire the educational welfare grant from the central government. Around 16 lakh applications were rejects by the central government. The implementation of Aikyashree Minority Scholarship Scheme will help the needy families. The students need not worry about dropping out of the schools, due to financial issues. Grant for occupational training paves the path for the better professional career opportunities.
Ans: It has been highlighted in the official scheme draft that the validity of the application will last for one year only.
Ans: Once a student becomes the beneficiary of the scheme, he/she will have to apply for the renewal of the scholarship grant. If the beneficiary fails to submit the renewal form, then he/she will not receive the financial assistance.
It has been stated that the students, belonging to all registered minority communities, will be allowed to partake in this educational scholarship scheme. Thus, Buddhist, Muslim, Sikh, Jain and Parsee students will be allowed to enroll for obtaining the benefits of the Aikyashree Minority Scholarship Scheme 2020.
No. The implementation of the scheme has been done to offer financial support to the poor students. If the parents of the applicants come under the income tax structure, then such registrations will be cancelled.
Other links –
- Janasevaka Scheme in Karnataka
- युवा स्वाभिमान योजना मध्यप्रदेश
- Muktidhara Scheme in West Bengal
- PM KIsaan SAmman Nidhi Yojana New List