Anna Brahma Yojana in Gujarat 2020-21 (Free Food Grains to Non-Ration Card Holders)
The number of COVID – 19 in India is increasing regularly. The medical professionals are taking the necessary measures to ensure that the patients get the best treatment. To put a stopper on the community spread of this disease, the Prime Minister of India has already announced a complete lockdown for 21 days. He also mentioned that the curfew will be extended if necessary. However, this lockdown has created a financial turmoil in the lives of poor people. Several state governments have announced that free food grains will be given to the residents of the area, who possess ration cards. But migrant labors do not have the ration cards. These migrant labors, from other states are stuck in Gujarat. Thus, the state authority has announced the Anna Brahma Yojana 2020-21.
Launch details of the scheme
Name of the scheme
Anna Brahma Yojana 2020-2020
Date of announcement
2nd April 2020
Date of implementation
4th April 2020
Migrant labors and people without ration cards
Key features of the scheme
- Food security – The main objective of the scheme is to offer food security to the poor and needy migrant labors.
- For migrant labors – This project is targeted towards the migrant labors, which came to Gujarat to work in the construction sectors.
- Free food grains – The ration shops have been ordered to distribute food grains and other necessary commodities to those who do not possess ration cards, issued by the Gujarat government.
- Tenure of food grain distribution – The state government will offer free food grains to the specified beneficiaries for the month of April.
- Number of beneficiaries – The Chief Minister mentioned that the implementation of this welfare scheme will benefit around 65 lakh households in the state.
- Allocated budget – The Gujarat state government has already allocated Rs. 650 crore financial package for the implementation of this scheme.
Click Here to apply for Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana Abhiyan (PMJAY)
Other benefits offered by the Gujarat government
Migrant construction labors, domestic help, and workers, associated with the unorganized sector will attain Rs. 1000 in April.
Waiving Electricity Duty
Earlier, the state government charged Rs. 1.50 for consumption of 30 units of power. Now the government will charge the same amount for the consumption of 50 units of power. This facility will be available for BPL applicants. The small and medium industries and ventures falling under the MSME category will not have to pay the power bills for April.
Financial assistance for Gaushalas
The state government has announced that it will offer Rs. 25 for every cow, kept in the various Gaushalas. For this, the state government will have to shell out Rs. 30 to 35 crore.
Click here to check List of Indian Government Internships Schemes and Program 2018
The Gujarat government will also pay advanced pension payment to the age people, disabled people and widows.
The state government has made a separate fund and transferred around Rs. 221 crore in the respective bank accounts of 13 lakh individuals.
The Gujarat government has directed the medium and small business owners, and proprietors of ventures, which come under the MSME department, will have to pay the workers their salary till the lockdown is in force.
The Gujarat government has mentioned that it will take the necessary measures to ensure that the people have access to adequate food during these trying times. The Chief Minister has urged the common people to cooperate with the authority, and follow the guidelines. Ensuing the health and well-being of the people, is the primary concern of the central and state governments. Food security for the poor can prevent panic as well.
Other links –
- PM Garib Kalyan Dhan Yojana
- PM Jan Arogya Ayushman Bharat Yojana in Delhi
- Mukhyamantri Apprenticeship Scheme in Gujarat
- Atal Sneh Yojana in Gujarat