Bal Thackeray Upgath Vima Yojana
Late Bal Thackeray, one of the biggest names in Indian politics, has lost his life in 2012. He was an ace politician who founded and created a leading political party Shiv Sena. Though he has lost his life 4 years back, still his party workers try hard to make his name bigger and better. Whenever government launches any scheme for the people of Maharashtra, Shiv Sena workers tend to rename them with the Late Bal Thackeray tag with it. They have renamed nearly 5 government schemes with Late Bal Thackeray’s name. In recent times, the state government of Maharashtra has launched a scheme for the accident victims and gave it a name of Late Shree Bal Thackeray. The scheme is called Bal Thackeray Upgath Vima Yojana. Here in this following article, I will give some important details of the scheme.
Bal Thackeray Upgath Vima Yojana
The Bal Thackeray Upgath Vima Yojana is one of the insurance schemes for the accident victims under the state government of Maharashtra. According to the scheme, if a person meets an accident, then he / she can get medical assistance of up to Rs. 30, 000/- under any recognised trauma care medical centre. The scheme is launched to cure the mental trauma of the victims who met unfortunate accidents while driving or walking on the roads.
State government of Maharashtra has launched the scheme for the people who go through mental stress and trauma after the accident occurred. As people know that sometimes even after getting healed physically, a victim takes long time to cure from mental stress that appears due to the accident. This scheme is specially launched for them.
Bal Thackeray Upgath Vima Yojana – objective
Mainly the accident related schemes are launched to give financial assistance to the people who are suffering badly from the fatal accidents. The objectives of the scheme are:
- To help the accident victims financially
- To give the victims proper medical assistance so that they can recover from the mental trauma
- The victim will be treated for three days long to get his / her mental stability back.
Bal Thackeray Upgath Vima Yojana – key features
The main features of the scheme are as follows:
- The Vima Yojana is launched by the Maharashtra state government in 2016
- This Vima Yojana is to help the accident victims to get over the trauma
- The trauma care hospital will treat the accident victims
- The treatment will last for three long days
- The treatment cost will be borne by the state government of Maharashtra
- Government will bear the cost of up to Rs. 30, 000/- for each patient
Bal Thackeray Upgath Vima Yojana – Eligibility
The scheme is launched for the accident victims. As the yojana depicts that the state government will provide worth of Rs. 30, 000/- to the patients for their treatment in trauma care centre. So the victim who is still under mental imbalance due to accident must be eligible to take the facilities under the scheme.
As of now neither the state government of Maharashtra nor the Shiv Sena Dal has said anything about the physical treatment of the victim under this scheme. So currently it can be said that the mental trauma treatment will take place in the trauma care centre under the scheme and victims who are suffering from such mental stress are eligible for such treatment.
The scheme says that the victim can be treated for three days, so the patients with major issues might not be eligible to take the facility of such scheme.
Bal Thackeray Upgath Vima Yojana – facilities
According to the scheme, the government will provide few facilities under this scheme.
- Accident victim will get medical treatment
- 30, 000/- will be paid by the state government.
- The trauma healing care will last for three days
- Patient can get the treatment at any trauma care centre
Bal Thackeray Upgath Vima Yojana – Benefits
As mentioned in this article that the scheme is launched for the accident victims. There are a bunch of benefits are added with this scheme. Some of the benefits are:
- The scheme helps to recover a victim from the trauma
- The scheme gives away Rs. 30, 000/- to the patient for his/her treatment
- The scheme is for all types of accident victims who are suffering from mental stress
Bal Thackeray Upgath Vima yojana – at a glance
|Launched on||June 2016|
|Launched by||State government of Maharashtra|
|Financial Assistance||RS. 30, 000/-|
|Medical help||Trauma Care Centre|
|Duration of treatment||Three days|
|Currently Active in||Tamil Nadu|