Bangla Shashya Bima Scheme In West Bengal (BSB) 2019-20 (Crop Insurance For Farmers) [ Application Form Process, Eligibility, Portal, Beneficiary List, Claim Form]
The West Bengal government is trying to get back the support of the people after the 2019 Election. The best way to accomplish it is by announcing new schemes. The CM has started this by planning to come up with an insurance coverage scheme that is targeted towards the farmers. Mamata Banerjee’s government is all set to design and launch a new insurance scheme, named Bangla Shashya Bima Yojana. In this article, information enthusiasts will receive a significant data about this future scheme. Here you can read the features, eligibility criteria, and a brief on the application procedure.
Launch details of the scheme
|Name of the scheme||Bangla Shashya Bima Yojana Scheme or BSB|
|Launched in||West Bengal|
|Launched by||Mamata Banerjee|
|Date of the preliminary announcement||June 2019|
|Target beneficiaries||Ordinary farmers of the state|
|Supervised by||Department of Agriculture in West Bengal|
Key features of the Bangla Shashya Bima scheme
- Development of agriculture and farmer prosperity – The farmers in West Bengal also suffer from crop failures, which reduce their financial prosperity. If this scheme is implemented, they will be able to safeguard their agro-investments, even if the crop fails.
- Crop insurance for Kharif crop – During the first phase of scheme implementation, the West Bengal government will concentrate on the Kharif crop in 2019. Later on, the scheme will be applicable for the Rabi crops as well.
- No premium payment for farmers – Like every other insurance policy, it is obvious that an annual premium payment will be mandatory. The West Bengal CM pointed out that her government does not want to put any financial pressure on poor agricultural workers. So, she will pay the premium from the state coffers.
- Implementation in phases – Once the planning is complete, the state will start its task on the actual implementation of the BSB scheme. For proper implementation and tracking, the operation will be carried out in two separate phases.
- Number of districts – When the launch and implementation will commence, farmers of only 15 districts will get the benefits. This preliminary phase will be seen as the pilot implementation. The result will be analyzed, and then the implementation will be carried out in remaining districts as well.
- Stages of insurance payment – The CM has mentioned that the planning wants to seal the feature of insurance coverage money payment in four distinct stages. If the farmer faces crop damage during the sowing, then he will get the first portion of the insurance money. The other three portions of the insurance coverage money will be paid if the crops get damaged due to cultivation flaws, during post-harvest and damages inflicted by climatic calamities respectively.
- Collaboration with – The scheme will be implemented with the assistance of Agriculture Insurance Company of India for better operation and benefit distribution.
- Important crops to be insured – Rice paddy is the main crop that is grown in West Bengal. But it is not the only crop that will be insured under the scheme. Maize, jute, aus, and aman paddies are the four primary yields, which will be insured.
- Insurance amount calculation – During the primary planning stages, the CM and the ministers of the agricultural department decided that there will not be a specific amount that will be paid as insurance coverage. The money may not be sufficient if the farmer has a bigger agricultural plot. Thus, the insurance coverage amount will differ from one farmer to another. A farmer, who has more hectares of agricultural land, will get more insurance coverage. This means that final insurance coverage sum will be worked out as per the farmer’s farm size.
List of selected districts
|Sl. No||Name of the district|
|12||South 24 Parganas|
|15||North 24 Parganas|
Eligibility and documents necessary for Bangla Shashya Bima Scheme
- Residential requirement – Though the scheme is still not ready, it has been developed by the West Bengal government. During the primary discussion, the CM said that the insurance premium would be paid by the West Bengal government as well. Thus, only legal residents of this state will be allowed to attain the benefits. When the scheme is implemented, only those farmers, who possess official residential documents, will be allowed to partake in this agricultural welfare scheme.
- All types of farmers – Like other states, the farmers of West Bengal do not have enough money to fund the soil preparation and sowing. Crop or agricultural loans, help them to meet these financial requirements. This scheme will be open for farmers who have borrowed funds from any institute and also those who have not opted for agricultural credit.
- Farmer ID proof – Farmers will have to submit copies of their identification documents like the Aadhar or ration card. Additionally, they may need to furnish a photocopy of the registration card that has been issued in the name of the agricultural labor, by the state agriculture office.
- Land measurement documents – The scheme will offer insurance amount that will be calculated on the basis of the amount of land that the farmer holds. Thus, applicants must submit copies of land measurement records, which are issued by the West Bengal Land Revenue department.
- Documents highlight extent of crop failure – As the beneficiaries will attain the insurance coverage payment only if there is a crop failure, applicants need to support this crop damage claims with proper documents, which support this claim.
How to get the application form and register for theBangla Shashya Bima insurance Scheme in WB?
The primary features of this impressive new scheme are more or less ready for the final consideration of the concerned state government department. However, a lot needs to be done in to ensure flawless implementation. Once these guidelines are readied by the planning committee, the state CM will officially announce it. They also need to make sure that the scheme is watertight so that maximum farmers can attain the benefits. As for the application process, the CM is yet to make any announcements on this. Once the details of every aspect of the scheme are ready, the CM will make the official announcement, and highlight the application process as well. When this happens, you will acquire the details on this site.
The farmer welfare scheme has the potential to help agricultural workers with the stabilization of their financial condition, in case they fail to get a satisfactory yield. Most small and medium-sized farm holders have to opt for agricultural loans to purchase HYV seeds, pay for pumps and electricity, and fertilizers. Even of the crop fails due to unfortunate events, they will be able to pay back the credit amount without fail.
Other links –
- YSR Amma Vodi Scheme Andhra Pradesh
- Surya Shakti Scheme in Andhra Pradesh
- Krishak Bandhu Scheme Status
- Muktidhara Scheme Application Form