Bangla Shashya (Sashya) Fasal Bima Scheme In West Bengal (BSB) 2019-20 (Crop Insurance For Farmers) [ Online Application Form PDF Download Process, Eligibility, Portal Login, Beneficiary List, Claim Form, Helpline Number]
The West Bengal government is trying to get back the support of the people after the 2019 Election. The best way to accomplish it is by announcing new schemes. The CM has started this by planning to come up with an insurance coverage scheme that is targeted towards the farmers. Mamata Banerjee’s government is all set to design and launch a new insurance scheme, named Bangla Sashya Bima Yojana. In this article, information enthusiasts will receive a significant data about this future scheme. Here you can read the features, eligibility criteria, and a brief on the application procedure.
Launch details of the scheme
|Name of the scheme||Bangla Shashya Bima Yojana Scheme or BSB|
|Launched in||West Bengal|
|Launched by||Mamata Banerjee|
|Date of the preliminary announcement||June 2019|
|Target beneficiaries||Ordinary farmers of the state|
|Supervised by||Department of Agriculture in West Bengal|
Key features of the Bangla Sasya Bima scheme
- Development of agriculture and farmer prosperity – The farmers in West Bengal also suffer from crop failures, which reduce their financial prosperity. If this scheme is implemented, they will be able to safeguard their agro-investments, even if the crop fails.
- Crop insurance for Kharif crop – During the first phase of scheme implementation, the West Bengal government will concentrate on the Kharif crop in 2019. Later on, the scheme will be applicable for the Rabi crops as well.
- No premium payment for farmers – Like every other insurance policy, it is obvious that an annual premium payment will be mandatory. The West Bengal CM pointed out that her government does not want to put any financial pressure on poor agricultural workers. So, she will pay the premium from the state coffers.
- Implementation in phases – Once the planning is complete, the state will start its task on the actual implementation of the BSB scheme. For proper implementation and tracking, the operation will be carried out in two separate phases.
- Number of districts – When the launch and implementation will commence, farmers of only 15 districts will get the benefits. This preliminary phase will be seen as the pilot implementation. The result will be analyzed, and then the implementation will be carried out in remaining districts as well.
- Stages of insurance payment – The CM has mentioned that the planning wants to seal the feature of insurance coverage money payment in four distinct stages. If the farmer faces crop damage during the sowing, then he will get the first portion of the insurance money. The other three portions of the insurance coverage money will be paid if the crops get damaged due to cultivation flaws, during post-harvest and damages inflicted by climatic calamities respectively.
- Collaboration with – The scheme will be implemented with the assistance of Agriculture Insurance Company of India for better operation and benefit distribution.
- Important crops to be insured – Rice paddy is the main crop that is grown in West Bengal. But it is not the only crop that will be insured under the scheme. Maize, jute, aus, and aman paddies are the four primary yields, which will be insured.
- Insurance amount calculation – During the primary planning stages, the CM and the ministers of the agricultural department decided that there will not be a specific amount that will be paid as insurance coverage. The money may not be sufficient if the farmer has a bigger agricultural plot. Thus, the insurance coverage amount will differ from one farmer to another. A farmer, who has more hectares of agricultural land, will get more insurance coverage. This means that final insurance coverage sum will be worked out as per the farmer’s farm size.
List of selected districts
|Sl. No||Name of the district|
|12||South 24 Parganas|
|15||North 24 Parganas|
Eligibility and documents necessary for Bangla Shasya Bima Scheme
- Residential requirement – Though the scheme is still not ready, it has been developed by the West Bengal government. During the primary discussion, the CM said that the insurance premium would be paid by the West Bengal government as well. Thus, only legal residents of this state will be allowed to attain the benefits. When the scheme is implemented, only those farmers, who possess official residential documents, will be allowed to partake in this agricultural welfare scheme.
- All types of farmers – Like other states, the farmers of West Bengal do not have enough money to fund the soil preparation and sowing. Crop or agricultural loans, help them to meet these financial requirements. This scheme will be open for farmers who have borrowed funds from any institute and also those who have not opted for agricultural credit.
- Farmer ID proof – Farmers will have to submit copies of their identification documents like the Aadhar or ration card. Additionally, they may need to furnish a photocopy of the registration card that has been issued in the name of the agricultural labor, by the state agriculture office.
- Land measurement documents – The scheme will offer insurance amount that will be calculated on the basis of the amount of land that the farmer holds. Thus, applicants must submit copies of land measurement records, which are issued by the West Bengal Land Revenue department.
- Documents highlight extent of crop failure – As the beneficiaries will attain the insurance coverage payment only if there is a crop failure, applicants need to support this crop damage claims with proper documents, which support this claim.
How to get the application form? Registration under Bangla Shashya Fasal Bima insurance Yojana in WB?
- Online Portal
The state government has launched a new portal for the Bangla Shasya Bima application. To get to this website, interested applicants will have to click on the Bangla Shasya Bima Portal .
At the top left corner of the homepage, applicants will get two options. One is “Login” and the other is “Register.”If the applicant wants to enroll for the first time, then he/she need to click on the “Register” button. It will trigger the site to open a new page.
- Fill Personal details
On this page, applicants will get access to the digitized registration for. Applicants need to type in the correct details in the respective fields. Then they have to activate the agreement box.
- Submit Form
Once this is over, candidates need to click on the “Submit” button.
- Other services
After the registration is complete, applicants can check the other services through this portal. For this, they need to log in on the authorized portal and click on the “Login” button. It will open a new page.
Applicants must type in their email IDs and correct passwords and then click on the “Log in” option. It will give applicants access to the main portal and the facilities it offers.
How to calculate insurance amount?
- Applicants need not worry about the insurance amount. There is a special feature that will automatically calculate the insurance amount, once applicant types in the necessary details.
- For this, one must click on the official portal address.
- The second option from the left is marked as “Insurance Calculator.”
- As soon as the applicant clicks on this option, an information box will appear on the screen.
- This box contains the names of the districts, crops and the insurance amount, applicable as per the scheme.
- Once you get the details, you can click on the “Close” button to get back to the homepage.
How to Apply for claim
- The applicants can claim the insurance coverage money in case of a crop loss. This too must be done via the official portal.
- For this, candidates need to click on the official portal link.
- The third option from the left is marked as “Report Crop Loss.” You can submit crop loss applicant and claim the money through this option.
- As soon as the candidate clicks on this option, an information box will pop up on the screen.
- This box contains the names of the insurance companies, which will settle the claims, their respective email addresses and toll free helpline numbers.
- Farmers can call on these numbers to get the claim settlement process started.
How to check application status?
- After submitting the enrollment form, applicants can check the status of their registration through the authorized portal.
- Once the candidate gets to the homepage, the fourth option from the left is marked as “Application Status.”
- Candidates must click on this option and then they will get to another page.
- There is a field, where a candidate needs to type in his application number.
- Then he must click on the “Search” button.
- It will trigger the site to search the database and will flash the registration application status on the screen.
The Bangla Shasya Bima was officially announced by the Chef Minister of West Bengal Mamata Banerjee on the 28th of June 2019.
It is an agricultural insurance scheme for the farmers of the state. The scheme will offer money to the registered farmers in case of a crop loss to save them from financial perils.
All the registered marginal and small farm land holders are eligible to apply for this scheme.
The state government has decided that it will implement the scheme is separate phases.
15 districts have been included in the first implementation phase.
The responsibility of monitoring the scheme has been vested on the Agriculture Insurance Company of India.
For the time being, farmers, gearing up for the Rabi crop can apply for this insurance coverage. In time, it will be extended to Kharif crop growers as well.
The West Bengal government will pay the insurance premium on behalf of the registering agricultural workers.
After claiming, the beneficiaries will attain the coverage sum in four portions.
All the insurance coverage amount deposits will be done in the bank account of the beneficiary.
Yes! For this, applicants need to log in on the official portal and click on the “Technical Grievance” option to register and submit their complaints.
The two direct helpline numbers for this scheme are 9083266199 and 8336900632.
The farmer welfare scheme has the potential to help agricultural workers with the stabilization of their financial condition, in case they fail to get a satisfactory yield. Most small and medium-sized farm holders have to opt for agricultural loans to purchase HYV seeds, pay for pumps and electricity, and fertilizers. Even of the crop fails due to unfortunate events, they will be able to pay back the credit amount without fail.
Other links –
- YSR Amma Vodi Scheme Andhra Pradesh
- Surya Shakti Scheme in Andhra Pradesh
- Krishak Bandhu Scheme Status
- Muktidhara Scheme Application Form