Free Smartphone Distribution Scheme in Punjab 2020 for Youths (Eligibility, Application Form Process Online, List) [Data, Unlimited Voice Calls, Specification]
The government of Punjab has announced to provide free smart phones to the people of the state. It was one of the election manifestos of Congress to offer smart phones to the youth of the state. The plan was proposed during Amarinder Singh’s government but not implemented until in 2019. As the scheme got the permission in that year itself, and now the time has come for the Punjab government to fulfill their promise. The government has decided to provide smart phones to the girls of the state. The article is going to give you an insight regarding the scheme.
|Name of the scheme||Free Smartphone Distribution Scheme|
|Launched by||CM Captain Amrinder Singh|
|Date of announcement||January 2019|
|Implementation date||August 2020|
|Target beneficiaries||Girls in Punjab|
|Supervised by||Punjab State Government|
What is Punjab Free Smartphone Scheme?
The Punjab government is aiming at helping the people of the state in this tough situation. So, they decided to help the youths of the state digitally so that an incessant connectivity is built in the state. The scheme will give away smart phones to the young girls in the state who do not have mobile phones without charging a penny.
Key features of the Free Smartphone Distribution Scheme
- Objective of the scheme- As many people in the state have no smart phones yet it is very essential in today’s time; so, to help the people during pandemic the government decided to provide smart phones to the young girls.
- Number of mobiles– It is being said that nearly 50000 mobiles will be given to the girls in the state in the first phase.
- Connectivity– With the smart phones the government will provide free connectivity as well that will be valid for one year.
- Data amount– The government will give 12 GB of data and along with those 600 minutes of talk time.
Punjab Free Smartphone Scheme Mobile Specification
- The Chief Minister of Punjab Amarinder Singh told in an interview that around 50,000 mobiles will be distributed under the scheme in the first phase. And, mobiles are also ready to be distributed among the beneficiaries.
- A mobile phone manufacturing company called Lava is manufacturing the phones that will be distributed among the beneficiaries for free. It is an Indian company.
- Considering the current relationship between India and China the state government decided to avoid Chinese mobiles. So, they choose an Indian company to manufacture the mobiles and the decision also increased the mobile phone manufacturing in Lava’s factory.
- The mobile phones will have touch screen with basic camera.
- The phones will have in-built educational and health care related applications for the young students.
- Residents of Punjab– In order to get free smart phones you need to be the permanent resident of Punjab.
- For girls only– As the scheme is for the girls so only the young girls of the state will be able to become beneficiary.
- Qualification– Girls who are studying in 11th or 12th grade from both government and private schools in the state.
- Aadhaar Card– In order to apply for the smart phone one needs to have Aadhar card.
- School ID Card– As the scheme is for the school girls so one needs to have to have school identity card for the mobile.
- Punjab native letter– As the scheme is for the residents of the state so for application one needs native letter issued by the government.
Punjab Free Smartphone scheme selection process
As per the rule of the scheme the mobiles will be given to those students who do not have mobile phones till now. There will be a team who will look after the matter and select those candidates who have no access to mobile phones. The smart phones will be given to the needy candidates and government wants to make sure no needy student gets deprived of the facility. After the survey is done a list of beneficiary will be prepared.
Punjab Free Smartphone Scheme Application Form Process
As the scheme is for the school students, so the schools are needed to be registered under the scheme. The candidates with no mobile phones need to contact with the school authority with all the required documents.
How to Check name in Free Smartphone Scheme List –
To check the beneficiary list the candidate needs to contact with the school authority. The school authority will let you know when the government will distribute the phones.
The Punjab government’s announcement of giving away smart phones to the girls will be a commendable step at least amid pandemic. Smart phones have become a source of gathering information about the pandemic, medicines, and many more. One can contact with the nearest health care center if they have a phone. So, the government decided to hand over a smart phone to every girl student in the state who does not have the facility to use it.
Under this scheme girl student will be given free mobile phones.
Yes, 12 GB of data will be given for one year.
The girls with no mobile phones need to contact with school authority with all the documents.
- Har Ghar Bijli Yojana in Bihar
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Scheme
- Pradhan Mantri Mudra Loan Scheme
- Sarbat Sehat Bima Yojana In Punjab