Chief Minister Relief against Wage Loss Scheme in Meghalaya 2020 (CRAWL scheme to help daily wage earners, small traders, Get 700rs per week, Financial Assistance, How to apply, Eligibility)
Like other state authorities, the Meghalaya government has finally announced a special financial aid scheme for the poor people, especially those who are associated with petty jobs. The Chief Minister Relief against Wage Loss Scheme offer monetary grant for the daily wage earners in the state. If you want to know about the important features of the scheme, then read this article now.
Name of the scheme
Chief Minister Relief Against Wage Loss Scheme or CMRAWL
Date of announcement
6th April 2020
Date of implementation
Daily wage earners and traders
Government of Meghalaya
Key features of the scheme
- Financial security for the poor – The daily wage earners and petty traders do not have any source of income during the lockdown. Thus, the scheme offers such candidates with financial security.
- Fiscal assistance amount – Every beneficiary will attain Rs. 700 from the state government.
- Payment frequency – It has been highlighted that the beneficiaries of this project will acquire the grant on a weekly basis.
- Tenure of payment – The financial assistance will be offered by the Meghalaya government for the entire lockdown period.
- Mode of payment – The weekly financial aid will be deposited in the bank account of the beneficiaries via DBT mode.
PM Modi recently announced PM Garib Kalyan Dhan Yojana, click here to get full details
Eligibility for the applicants
- Residents and non-residents can apply – The state government has highlighted that under these precarious conditions, the residents and non-residents of Meghalaya will attain the perks of this scheme.
- For daily wage earners – The scheme has been developed for providing financial assistance for daily wage earners.
- Small traders can apply – Traders and hawkers, which sell minor items and earn their livelihood on a daily basis, will be able to attain the financial assistance.
- Not for beneficiaries of BWW Fund – The labors and daily wage earners, who are getting financial assistance as per the guidelines of Building and Construction Workers Welfare Fund will be barred from registering for this financial aid project.
Documents necessary for application
- Labor registration certificate – The construction workers will have to furnish a copy of the certificate, issued by the state labor department.
- Identification document – The applicant must attach a copy of the Aadhar card, for identity verification.
- Bank account details – The fund transfer will be done via Direct Benefit Transfer. Thus, the applicants will have to provide documents, which highlight the bank account details.
Bank to deposit 500 rs in Women JDY Account, Check Status click here
How to get registration form and apply for the scheme
Most of the Indian states are tangled in a mess as they are failing to contain the spread of COVID – 19. However, the number of positive cases, reported in Meghalaya is comparatively low. The Deputy Chief Minister has mentioned that the lockdown will assist the authority to minimize the chances of affected patients. He also mentioned that there is no time to finalize the enrollment process. The state government Labor Department already has access to the details of the daily wage earners. The database also highlights the bank account details. In that case, the Meghalaya government will automatically transfer the weekly financial grant in the respective bank accounts of workers and small traders. If the state authority comes up with any updates, you will learn about it on our official portal.
The central government has developed some schemes, which offer financial security to the small business owners and daily wage earners. The Meghalaya government has taken a similar step to offer additional relief to the respective people. The state officials have highlighted that the scheme will be implemented soon.
Other links –
- Temporary Ration E-Coupon in Delhi
- COVID-19 Student Helpline Portal
- Sankalp Se Siddhi Scheme Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana Eligibility