Cyber Swachhta Kendra Security System Launched By Centre
The CERT-in or Computer Emergency Response Team launched a new computer security system called Cyber Swachhta Kendra. This is designed with the goal of producing a safer online experience. It notifies systems of potential infections and works with cleaning functions. The goal is to secure different items to make it easier for computers to be secured. This is especially the keep potential infections from developing.
This new program will work by reviewing how external devices work on desktop computers. It also identifies threats that appear on Android smartphones. It especially prevents questionable apps from running on all devices. It even reviews how removable USB storage drives are used so unauthorized sources can be monitored and blocked if necessary. This secondary feature is used through the USB Pratirodh system used on the device to help with analyzing anything attached to a computer.
What the Program Does
The new program that has been introduced will work with a variety of special features. It works by reviewing a computer or phone drive to identify bots and spam among other programs. It especially focuses on managing spyware and malware as well as viruses. By using the program, users will be kept safe and secure from a variety of problematic features that can get in the way.
The USB Pratirodh part of the system works by monitoring how external USB-powered devices are linked onto computers. It reviews the sources of those devices and monitors program and items on such devices. It then warns the user when something concerning is on one of these devices.
There are many key usage points to see with regards to the program:
- The user will have to get to the website for the Cyber Swachhta Kendra program to get access to it. The site has a link on its front page that features download and proper exams.
- When using the review, the user will get to a series of prompts. The user can ask for either a quick or full scan. A customized scan can also be used to target specific folders or sections of the computer.
- The program will then look around at how the computer is organized and if there are any concerning apps or files on it. A report will be used to find these and help the user with eliminating the questionable programs involved.
- If a USB-powered device is in the computer, the user can take advantage of the USB Pratirodh system to scan that device. This can work on the same website and will go through all parts of the device. This includes the individual hard drive features that might be found at a given time.
The program is very easy to handle online and only takes a few moves. The amount of time needed for it to work will vary based on how many files have to be reviewed. It can take hours on some devices depending on how much data is included. Fortunately, anything questionable can still be reviewed.
A Key Disclaimer
Although the system is easy to use and free for all, the national government states that this is not intended to be a full replacement for traditional antivirus software programs. Users will still have to get proper checks on their computers to see if there are any problems with what they are running.
An Important Development
The move to start using the program comes as there is a need to protect more devices and computers around the country. In 2016, there were more than 50,000 cyber security incidents reported all around the country. These include problems like phishing and virus attacks. The number has been progressively growing in recent time as it was at around 45,000 back in 2014.
This also occurs are more start-ups are opening around the country. With more businesses aiming to get online, the pressure to get going and protect computers has become extensive. This new development from the national government should help in some way with taking care of many functions.
The Cyber Swachhta Kendra program was introduced in accordance with the Digital India program run by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology. This is all made to work with the National Cyber Security Policy established by the government. The center in particular was introduced in 2015 with a budget of Rs. 100 crore going into its operations. The support system will work alongside many internet service providers and even some online anti-virus program companies.
By using this security system, people can get their computers and phones protected. People are encouraged to head online to see how this works. The official website offers the programs needed for taking care of computer security needs as well as various alerts relating to online safety.
- Free Anti-Virus Software Program
- PayUmoney E-Wallet Payment App
- Equalization Levy Tax
- Benami Properties Impact