Delhi Scholarship Scheme 2019-20 [Fee Waiver Scheme] [Application Form Process, Eligibility, Students list]
Education is the key to personal and professional development. Though the government schools impart education at reasonable fee, higher education in India is very expensive. Poor households are mostly incapable of paying the high admission and course fees. Thus, applicants have to stop their academic journey or opt for another subject. It not only breaks the students’ dreams, but also impairs the development of the overall society. Thankfully, Delhi government is all set to develop and implement a new educational welfare scheme for the meritorious pupils, who want to carry on with their studies after finishing school. The name of the scheme is Delhi Scholarship Scheme, and here, you will acquire information about the probable features and benefits, eligibility and document requirements, and application process. If the project is implemented, then worthy students, from poor families will be able to further their academic goals.
|Name of the future scheme||Delhi Scholarship Scheme|
|Designed by||Arvind Kejriwal|
|Announced by||Manish Sisodia|
|Preliminary announcement||June 2019|
|Date of launch||Soon|
|Target beneficiaries||Poor students|
|Website for the scheme||edistrict.delhigovt.nic.in|
Key features of the Delhi Scholarship scheme
- Providing better educational scope – The Delhi authority had announced special packages for the needy and meritorious students, studying in schools and colleges. The Delhi government has come with a new plan for the meritorious students. If any student from a financially unsound family wants to opt for higher education, he/she can apply for academic grant from under this soon-to-be-launched scheme.
- Poor meritorious applicants – This special education welfare project will allow the enrolment of such students who have scored high marks in the school final examination and have cemented their place in a good college on the basis of their merit, but lack the monetary power to pay for the tuition fee. The grant money will assist the beneficiaries to pay for their higher education.
- Scholarship amounts – The Delhi government will make two separate categories of students. This categorization will depend on the annual income of the families. Depending on this amount, the authority may grant 100% or 50% scholarship.
- No application fee for examination – Additionally, the authority will soon stop the CBSE examination fee. But this benefit will only be available to the female students. Till now, CBSE students need to submit Rs. 1500 to get the clearance for appearing in the examination. If this scheme gets a green signal, then this contribution will be made by the Delhi authority.
- Education loan – Another highlight of the preliminary announcement of the scheme was that students will be able to enroll in the banks to attain education loans. This credit amount will help them to meet their educational expenses without putting a pressure on their families.
- No interest on education loan – Banks and other financial institutes charge a certain interest on the education loans. If the beneficiary of this new scheme applies for additional student loan, he/she need not worry about interest payment. The credit will be offered at zero percent interest formats.
- Student’s bank account – As the scholarship and educational loan will both be transferred in the bank account, students must possess a bank account in their name.
Income and scholarship
|Family income range (annual)||Attainable scholarship percentage|
|Less than Rs. 1 lakh||100% scholarship for the student|
|Within Rs. 1 and Rs. 2.5 lakhs||50% scholarship for the student|
|Within Rs. 2.5 lakhs and 6 lakhs||50% scholarship for the student|
Eligibility and documents necessary for Delhi Scholarship Scheme application
- Resident of Delhi – Only such students who live and study in any school within the borders of Delhi will be eligible to apply for this future scheme, once it is officially launched. Thus, possessing the residential certificates is a must.
- Financial background – The future project has been reserved for the students who fall in the financially weaker categories. Applicants, with BPL certificated will also be able to apply as long as they fulfill the other requirements.
- Income certificate – All applicants will need to attach the income certificate of their families’ annual earnings.
- School final examination mark sheet – The scheme may require the applicants to attach the mark sheet of their school final examination.
- College admission papers – The submission of the college admission documents may be made compulsory for the interested applicants. These documents will ensure that the students have attained admission on the basis of his/her merit. The admission documents will also help the government to identify the stream and higher education institute.
- College fee book copy – As the scholarship amount will be either equal to or half of the course fee, submission of the fee book photocopy is a must. The fee book will highlight the total course fee of the respective candidate. Accordingly the state government will be able to transfer the gran amount.
- For any streams – Applicants, interested in pursuing science, commerce, arts and professional subjects like medical and engineering will be allowed to enroll for attaining the benefits of this scheme.
- Bank account details – For transparency and proper grant distribution, the money will be transferred in the bank account. Attaching documents, which highlight the bank account details, is a mandatory for all eligible applicants.
How to get registration form and apply for Delhi Scholarship Scheme?
The Delhi government has only made an announcement that it is thinking about launching the scheme. There is still some time for the official announcement by the CM and the declaration of the launch date. Not much details about the online application process and the digitized enrollment form is available at the moment. Once the scheme is all set for implementation, the Delhi authority will make the official declaration. The portal is not ready yet. As soon as we get any new updates, we will upload it on the site to inform our readers.
Proper education will add to the progress of the state indirectly. If more and more students drop out higher education programs due to lack of money, then the literacy rate of the area will go down. Needy students cannot chase their academic dreams for the want of monetary support. Once the Delhi authority announced the final date of the scheme’s implementation, meritorious applicants will no longer need to ponder over financial constraints. The Delhi government will support them financially. When the monetary tensions are eliminated, students can concentrate on their studies.
Other links –
- Surya Shakti Scheme in Andhra Pradesh
- Rashtriya Gram Swaraj Abhiyan
- Education Loan Eligibility in Delhi
- Doorstep Delivery Number