Distress Ration Token Scheme (DRT) in Haryana 2020 (Online/Offline Application Form for Temporary Ration Token Card, Non Ration Card Holder, Help Desk, Call Centre, Free Ration, संकट राशन टोकन, FAQ)
The government of Haryana has come up with a new food security scheme. The project has been developed for those who do not have a permanent ration card. Under the Distress Ration Token Scheme, non-ration card holders can apply and attain a temporary ration token, for collecting free food grains from fair price shops. In this article, you will get more information about the application process, eligibility, necessary documents, and other related aspects.
Name of the scheme
Distress Ration Token Scheme
Manohar Lal Khattar
Date of announcement
Date of implementation
24th April 2020
Residents of the state who do not have ration cards
Government of Haryana
Key features of the scheme
- Offering food security – The primary aim of the scheme is to ensure that no one in the state goes to bed on an empty stomach. The scheme will provide food security to the poor, till they can get back their employments.
- Free ration – The state government has announced that the beneficiaries of this project need not worry about paying any money for the food grains. Wheat and pulses will be offered free of cost, till the lockdown remain active.
- Distribution though fair price shops – For attaining the food grains, the beneficiaries will have to go to the local fair price or registered ration shops, and show the ration token.
- Survey by local committee – It will be the responsibility of the local and district committees to survey the area, and point out the families, which require assistance.
- Ration amount – Under the Distress Ration Token Scheme, every member of the beneficiary family will obtain 5 kg wheat and 1 kg pulses, free of cost.
Eligibility for application
- Temporary resident of Haryana – Even if the person is not a permanent resident of this state, he/she will be allowed to apply for the Distress Ration Token program.
- Income criterion – If the monthly income of the household exceeds the Rs. 15,000 mark, then that family will not be considered eligible for the scheme.
- BPL and EWS categories – The state government will issue the tokens for those families, which fall in the BPL and EWS categories
- No ration card – The scheme is open for those applicants who do not possess a permanent ration card, issued by the Haryana Government.
Documents necessary for application
- Current residential proof – The person must have some document that highlights that he/she is currently living in Haryana.
- Aadhar card – The applicant needs to provide a copy of the Aadhar Card as the code will be used for verification.
- BPL card – The scheme has been developed for those who fall in the BPL category. Thus, the applicant must be able to provide a copy of the BPL certificate, if asked by the surveying officials.
- Income certificate – It has been mentioned in the scheme guidelines that the applicant must offer a copy of his/her income certificate.
How to register for attaining the perks of this scheme?
People, residing in Haryana, who do not have ration cards, currently cannot obtain food grains from the fair price shops. If these people had to apply for a temporary ration card, then it will take some days. Thus, the state government has decided that the applications will not have to register for the scheme. It is the responsibility of the local communities to conduct survey, and make a list of the households, which full-fill the eligibility requirements. The data list will be uploaded on the official portal.
The government officials will verify these details, and issue a Distress Ration Token for the respective households. The local committee members will download the tokens, and deliver it to the respective houses. These tokens will enable the people to obtain ration from the fair price shops. Another copy of the ration token will be submitted in the office of the DFSC. It will assist the officials to keep track of the non-ration card holders, who are getting the benefits, under this scheme.
Obtain ration token via call
Apart from the door-to-door survey, Haryana state government has announced that it will soon launch a special helpline number for those who desire to apply for the Distress Ration Token scheme. The eligible applicants need to call on this number, and state their Aadhar Code. The operators will enter the details in the software. It will trigger the token generation process. Once the token has been generated, it will be delivered to the house of the applicant.
The current situation of the nation may compel the central government to extend the tenure of the nation-wide lockdown. There will be partial lockdown relaxation in the Coronavirus free zones. The state government will have to take additional measures to ensure that the people, living in the red and orange zones, do not suffer from food scarcity. The central government has ensured that it will supply adequate quantities of essential commodities, which will be distributed through the PDS channels.
Those residents of Haryana who do not have a ration card will be able to register for this scheme.
No. The token holders can go to the ration shops and get the food grans free of cost.
The ration token is not an authorized ration card. The token will only remain valid till the lockdown is in motion.
It is the responsibility of the District Food & Civil Supplies Controller to monitor the token and food distributions.
Other links –
- YSR Zero Interest Loan Scheme AP
- Sneher Parash Scheme in West Bengal
- Haryana Meri Fasal Mera Byora Registration Online
- Parivar Pehchan Patra Family ID Card in Haryana