The Jan Dhan Yojana: Bank account was a scheme that was initiated by the Pradhan Mantri on 15th august, 2014. This scheme was initiated with the motive of providing bank account to every household in India.
Under this scheme good facilities like insurance scheme of upto 3500 is added for every individual who is a holder of this account. Not only this after completing six months the holder of this account gets a facility of overdraft for INR.5000/. This is a normal savings account where one can open this as having zero balance in their account. The account holder will also be given a RuPay Card which facilitates the owner to withdraw the cash from the ATM’s.
Documents required by an individual to open Jan Dhan Yojana account are mentioned below:-
- Should have valid current or permanent address proof like passport, aadhar card etc. Aadhar card is very important document that everyone should habe. If you have applied for aadhar card then you check the status of aadhar card online
- If the address is changes he/she should have valid documents mentioning the transfer of address
- 2 passport size photographs
- If he/she does not have valid residential proof, one can also show identity proof that has been issued by government of India
- One can also arrange for an authority letter from the gazette officer giving an assurity that an individual is a resident of India and hold an Indian Nationality.
- If the individual fails to provide any of the above proofs, then the bank can do a ground check of the individual. If the approached bank finds the individual to fall under “low risk” category then he/she will be given a chance to open a temporary account for 12 months known as small account. For converting this account into permanent account one has to submit valid documents before the completing the tenure of 12 months with the bank.
- Suraksha Bima Yojana
- PM Kaushal Vikas Yojana
- Gold Monetisation Scheme
- Mudra Loan Yojana
- Atal pension Yojana
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana