PM eVIDYA program 2022 (website, beneficiaries, launch date, object, eligibility criteria, documents, benefits, aim, registration process, modules of evidhya)
Education is one of the crucial concerns within society. The hapless phase of the current pandemic took a toll on the educational system. The government is trying its best in helping out students across the country. In the budget of 2022, the Finance Minister has mentioned the PM eVIDYA program, which is pertaining to students and their online education. It has been introduced to help students to keep their studies on track. Through this program, the government launches several initiatives to improve the quality of education. So let us go through the article to comprehend the salient features and various aspects of the PM eVIDYA program.
PM eVIDYA Program 2022
|PM eVIDYA program
|The Government of India
|Students (Class 1-12)
What is the PM eVIDYA Program
The Government of India launched the PM eVIDYA program in May 2020. If we talk about the framework of this program, the top hundred universities educate students through the online medium. Those who lag behind due to the lack of internet facilities can access the Swayam Prabha DTH channel. PM eVIDYA program can also be termed as one nation digital platform.
PM eVIDYA Program Objectives
- To furnish quality education throughout the nation.
- It helps in reducing the negative impact of pandemic on education.
- With the help of this program, a student can learn and grow without physically attending the classroom.
- It helps in saving time and money.
PM eVIDYA Program Benefits
- This program ensures digital access to educational programs.
- Top hundred universities work for the spread of education.
- It acts as one-stop learning for the students.
- PM eVIDYA program helps in getting online coaching for different competitive examinations.
- PM eVIDYA program benefits about twenty-five crore school-going students.
- Under this program, Swayam Prabha TV Channel was also launched. It guides the students who are not having the access to the internet.
- It also involved Diksha Platform that provides e-content.
- Students can access the educational content through multi-modes like radio, podcast, TV, community radio.
- 12 eVIDYA TV channels satisfy the concept of One Class-One Channel.
- It covers the educational materials from classes 1-12.
- The contents present on these channels are developed by NCERT and agencies like CBSE, KVS, etc.
PM eVIDYA Program Applying Procedure
Those students who are willing to avail themselves of the benefits of the PM eVIDYA program can visit the official website. The website contains all the necessary information which can guide and help the students.
PM eVIDYA Program Documents
- Aadhar card
- Identity card
- Passport Size Photograph
- Ration Card
- Income Certificate
- Residence Certificate
- Mobile Number
- Passport Size Photograph
PM eVIDYA Program Eligibility
- Beneficiary must be a student.
- The beneficiary must be an Indian.
PM eVIDYA Program Various Models
Online Coaching related to competitive examination :
To help the students with various competitive examinations like NEET, IIT, and so on the department of Higher Education has made provisions for the learning through an online platform. The department provides a range of lectures that can help students to learn and grow. There are 218 mathematics videos, 146 chemistry videos, 120 biology videos on the portal. The government has introduced an application called Abhyas which can help in test practices. The app publishes in English as well as in Hindi.
Digital infrastructure for the dispersion of knowledge :
This platform assists in accessing study materials pertaining to the school curriculum. The platform is available in English as well as in Hindi. This platform includes activities, worksheets, and so on.
Swayam Portal :
The portal aims for the fulfillment of three major aspects, that are: access, equity, and quality. Any of the students can access the portal at zero cost. More than 90000 students have enrolled with this portal. This portal provides reading materials, tests, discussions, and so on.
E-content for children with special needs :
The National Institute of open schooling provides a website that is accessible to children with disabilities. It includes numerous functions like Keyboard Support, display setting, content structure and readability, audio-video description, and so on. This thoughtful measure helps children with special needs to continue their studies without predicaments.
Use of podcast, radio, and community radio :
The educational web radio streaming helps visually impaired children. The radio podcasts are getting conducted through Mukta Vidya Vani and Shiksha Vani podcasts.
Swayam Prabha TV channels :
The channel was introduced back in 2017. It stands as a group of DTH channels that telecast quality education programs. Here GSAT 15 satellite is used. New content is covered for at least four hours per day while repeated content is telecasted five times per day ensuring the benefits of students.
PM eVIDYA Program Budget Announcement 2022
Finance Minister said that the government is planning to extend the PM eVIDYA program from twelve to two hundred television channels. It will help in providing supplementary education to the students in regional languages. The facility would be availed by students from Class 1-12.
Ans : In May, 2020.
Ans : To help students by furnishing online education across the country.
Ans : Finance Minister said that the government is planning to extend the PM eVIDYA program from twelve to two hundred television channels.
Ans : 12
Ans : Link
Other Links –