GST ewaybill.nic.in :- Process of making E Way Bill Registration and Portal
The National Informatics Centre (NIC) has launched an E-Way Bill Portal for the taxpayers and transporters. This portal will provide online registration facility for the taxpayers and transporters. A taxpayer will be able to be registered under Way-bill using the portal facilities of E-Way Bill of NIC. A business organization will have to prepare their GST E-Way Bill whenever they are transporting goods which are valued over 50, 000 INR. Uttarakhand, Kerala, Rajasthan and Karnataka were the previous states under the GST Network of India. These states are already using GST E-Way Bill. The NIC has added six more states under the GST network on a pilot basis and these states are Haryana, Bihar, Maharashtra, Gujarat, Sikkim and Jharkhand. Taxpayers will be able to register their businesses by visiting the E-Way Bill portal.
Process of making E-Way Bill Registration
- For registering under E-Way Bill, a registered businessman will have to visit the official website of E-Way Bill of NIC India. The registered businessmen of India are only eligible for this scheme.
- A registered businessman will have to select the option named E-Way Bill Registration from the official website of E-Way Bill of NIC India. This option is available at the homepage of the website.
- After selecting the E-Way Bill Registration option from the website, a taxpayer will have to fill in their GSTIN number. Thus, only the registered businessman will be able to complete this process as they have been provided with the GSTIN number by the government
- After providing the proper GSTIN number, a registered businessman will have to select the Go option for completing the registration process and they will also have to fill in the box of captcha code properly.
Enrollment of Transporters
- For enrolling transports, an individual will have to complete the registration process and thus they will be obliged to visit the official website of E-Way Bill and select the option named Enrollment of Transporters which will be available at the right side of the homepage.
- An individual will have to provide necessary details for enrolling. They will have to provide important information about their state name, their PAN number, etc. The individuals are obliged to give proper information while filling in the enrollment form.
- An individual will have to fill in all the star marked boxes of the enrollment form. An individual will then need to select the submit option under the enrollment form.
Earlier, the way-bill was issues by the VAT authorities as a printed brochure. Thus, it induced corruption. Also, the taxpayers used to be harassed by the authorities and only the regular taxpayers were registered under the way-bill program. The online portal system of E-Way Bill will ensure all the transporters and taxpayers are enlisted under NIC and this procedure will also ensure a corruption-free and a hassle-free facility within the state.
Generating GST e-Way Bill via SMS and Android API
Generating GST E-Way Bill is easy via two ways, SMS service and Android API method. For the SMS method, transporters will be able to generate E-Way Bill through SMS service. For the Android API users, users are required to use Android phones to generate E-Way Bill from their Android devices.
- As mentioned, those who aren’t familiar with Android or online services can use SMS service for generating and cancelling GST E-Way Bill. To enable SMS service, the user has to click on the official website link https://ewaybill4.nic.in/ewbnat234/.
- In the Home page of the official web portal, users can find the Registration section on the right side of the page. Find the ‘SMS’ option from there and proceed with the generation of E-way Bill through the portal.
- Once the user lands up on the registration page, he can find his registered mobile number on the page. Select the mobile number to get the One Time Password or verification code that will be sent to that mobile number.
- After receiving the OTP, enter the OTP to the given text box on the page. This will verify the registered mobile number for SMS service. After entering the OTP, the SMS service on the registered mobile number will get activated.
- Transporters, Suppliers and vehicle numbers and such have different codes mentioned on the portal. These codes must be saved by the user for SMS service. While generating (Or cancelling) GST E-way Bill, the user has to send that code with given commands via text.
- Afterwards the subscribers will receive fixed formatted texts from the authority to proceed for the generation or cancellation of GST E-way Bill. The users can proceed further with the relevant codes mentioned in the SMS they are sending.
Android API Service
- For the Android API Service, the users have to click on the official link https://ewaybill4.nic.in/ewbnat234/. On the Home Page, look for the registration section and log in to the portal using ID and Password.
- The users will be redirected to the page where GSTIN of the user must be entered. Under that the option Android API must be selected to proceed. After that, enter the mobile phone IMEI number to the desirable space given on the page.
- The device has to be Android device. Once the IMEI number is entered, a new web page will be opened and the users will be redirected to that new web page. In this new web page the app is available. By selecting the ‘Go’ option, users can download the app on their device.
- After downloading and installation of the App on users’ Android device, the users can generate or cancel E-way Bill easily. As per the authority App service is simpler compare to SMS services. However it will take little time for them to get used to this facility.
Latest Updates (28/2/2018)
In 10 states GST E-Way Bill has started implementing already. For the rest of the states in India, from 1st of April 2018, it will start operating on regular basis. A final meeting will take place on 10th March 2018 where official will take the final decision regarding this Bill implementation. Developed by National Informatics, GST E-way Bill has started in states such as Bihar, Gujarat, Haryana, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Kerala, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Sikkim and Uttarakhand.
Intra-state E-way Bill system in Andhra Pradesh Kerala Gujarat Telangana and Uttar Pradesh
From 1st of April 2018, the e-way bill, by the central government of India has started implementing. There are 5 states such as Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Kerala, Telangana and Uttar Pradesh where the e-way bill has started since 1st April 2018.
In a recent report, by the central government, until 9th April 2018, around 61% of the total transportation has been generated e-way bills in these mentioned states. This means nearly 60 Lac e-way bills generation in India as of now.
According to the recent news, the central authority will start intra-state e-way bill generation under GST law for the transportation from one state to another. From 15th April 2018, all these 5 states will have this bill generating facilities. The system of e-way bill has the power to generate approximately 75 Lac bills in a single day. As of now, maintaining stability in the system, it has created 60 Lac bills in total.
The E-way billing system for movement of good within and in-between states was implemented by the central Finance Ministry from April 2018. But states were able to pick any other date for official launch of this online billing system within their respective borders, with the deadline being 3rd June, 2018. The launch of this portal-based billing system will eliminate the need for documentation. This billing system will make it easy for the authority to monitor the goods’ movement within and in-between states. E-way billing will also offer easy access to information at all times, apart from improving delivery services. With this implementation, carrying goods from one state to another will become easy as no more inter-state checks will be required.
- Telangana Farmers Free Passbook Scheme
- Maharashtra Smart Ration Card 2018
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Calculator
- All PM Schemes