Har Ghar Bijli Yojana in Bihar
There are still a lot of home in the rural and semi-rural areas of the country where electricity has not reached yet. The Indian Government is making a lot of efforts in making electricity available to all the houses of the country. So a scheme has been launched with a motive of providing electricity to the Indian households.
|Name of the scheme||Har Ghar Bijli Yojana|
|Scheme launched by||Bihar Chief Minister Mr. Nitish Kumar|
|Objective of the scheme||Provide electricity to all the households of Bihar State|
|Scheme launch date||15th November 2016|
The Har Ghar Bijli Yojana has been launched with an objective of providing light to all houses in the state of Bihar by providing electricity connection. The reason for launching this scheme is because many houses in Bihar are still without electricity.
This is a progressive scheme launched by the Nitish Kumar Government and is a part of the Seven Nischay policy that brought him to power this time. This scheme will be implemented in the state of Bihar on a fast forward and priority basis. It has been announced that as a part of this scheme around 20 million of houses in the state would get electricity connection. There are families who do not belong to the BPL category but still do not have electricity connection. So this Yojana will cater to them.
Objective of the scheme
There are many houses in Bihar where there is no electricity connection. Now these families have to face a lot of problems as they do not have electricity connections. Under this scheme all the families of Bihar which do not yet have electricity connection will be covered. Financial help will also be provided to them. Apart from this the overall objective of the scheme is to provide a better lifestyle to the people of Bihar and take the state towards development.
During the launch of the scheme Nitish Kumar said that the consumption of electricity has increased in the past 10 to 12 years. But then there are still many household that do not have electricity. So under this scheme the target would be to provide electricity connection to such families and households.
Features of the scheme
- Under this scheme around 50% of the families who live in the rural areas and being to the Above Poverty Line category and do have electricity connections will be covered.
- The families who belong to the BPL category will not be included in this scheme. This is because they are already being covered under the centrally sponsored Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana.
- All the households of the state, apart from the ones being covered under the Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana, will be covered under this scheme.
- Free electricity will be provided to the beneficiaries but then this will mean only the electricity connection and installation charges will not be taken. But the monthly bill has to be paid by the beneficiaries as per the usage.
- Now if any family does not want to take up electricity connection then the head of the family will have to give a written statement along and will have to mention the reason for the denial of electricity connection.
- Providing of electricity to all the beneficiaries has to be completed within the end of the year 2018. Incase this does not happen the agencies that are responsible for providing electricity to the beneficiaries would be cased.
The Har Ghar Bijli scheme is a part of the ‘seven Promises’ that was made by the Chief Minister of Bihar when he came into power. He recognized certain development necessities in the state and had said that the primary focus of his government will be make sure that these necessities are fulfilled.
The Seven Nischay includes- building proper roads and drainage, providing electricity to all households, working on youth development, building toilet and do away with open defecation, stretching higher education scope in the state, providing fresh drinking water to all, and empowering women of the state.
The Har Ghar Bijli is the last Yojana to have been launched as a part of the Saat Nischay. But then the government of Bihar would make sure that all household get electricity connection within the end of year 2018.
- Mukhyamantri Teerth Darshan Yojana (Jharkhand)
- How to find CSC (Common Services Centers) in your city
- Pradhan Mantri Housing for all Scheme
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
- Last Date of Samajwadi Smartphone Yojana