Heritage City Development and Augmentation Yojana | HRIDAY Scheme
Heritage City Development and Augmentation Yojana or HRIDAY Scheme was launched for the development and augmentation of the heritage cities in India. The central government has taken this step forward to develop the cities and make them better to attract more visitors and also the scheme will help the tourism to enhance more. The scheme was launched by Mr. Narendra Modi in 2015. At the first phase total of 12 cities are taken into consideration for the development.
HRIDAY Scheme – quick view
|Points to remember
|Development of heritage cities
|Time of completion of the project
HRIDAY Scheme launch
The scheme was launched in the year 2015 by Prime Minister of India Shree Narendra Modi. HRIDAY was initiated by the urban development ministry and also the Indian tourism ministry joined hands on this project.
Objective of HRIDAY Scheme :
- The project is launched to develop and conserve the heritage cities of our country. There are many places and things that are the assets of our Indian culture. Those assets and places must be conserved carefully to protect our education and culture. The project aims to do that in 12 most popular heritage cities in the country.
- This scheme will enhance the system and infrastructure of the mentioned cities. The water supply, sanitisation, roads, conveyance, transports and other amenities will be enhanced under the scheme.
- The project will also trigger the Indian tourism system. With the betterment of these places the authorities are hopeful to attract more tourists to the country from the rest of the world.
HRIDAY Scheme Important Aspect :
- The scheme will be concentrating on the augmentation and development of the heritage cities in India. There are 12 cities which will be listed for the augmentation at the first phase. The cities are Varanasi, Dwarka, Kanchipuram, Ajmer, Amritsar, Gaya, Mathura, Puri, Warangal, Velankani, Amravati and finally Badami.
- The development will be held on different issues like infrastructure, roads, staying, security, food, electricity, water supply and various other amenities. All these things must be better in their own way so that the visitors can enjoy their stay during any occasion or holiday.
- The entire scheme or project will be funded solely by the central government. The total span of time for the project to be finished is 27 months from the time of commencement of the development process.
Gov. Funding For City Development
The entire scheme was funded by the central government. The total budget allocated for the project is Rs. 500 Cr. The city wise funding amount is:
Among all the cities, Varanasi is the only city where the maximum fund is been allocated. The reason behind that is the city has more visitors than other cities but fewer amenities available. Millions of visitors walk in to the city more often to witness the most amazing Ganga Puja at the banks of the Ganga every now and then.
HRIDAY Scheme Advantages
- The heritage cities are one of the many reasons why every year people from all over India visit the country. Under this scheme the cities will get more exposure and better quality of tourism.
- The development of infrastructure and other amenities of these 12 cities will enhance the quality of life of the inhabitants of the cities. Not only the travellers but also the citizens of the cities will get a better life.
- The augmentation project will bring about more and more global tourists in India and that will lead to a better tourism system in India.
- CBSE Udaan Notification
- Gram Parivahan Yojana
- Holiday List 2017 India
- e Verification Process using aadhar card