Interest Subsidy Scheme on Education Loan in Gujarat 2020 Eligibility Criteria Online Application Form Process Gujarati @kcg.gujarat.gov.in 100% subsidy (એજ્યકુ કશન લોન પર વ્યાજ સબસીડી)
To make the future bright we need to make our present strong. The same concept is been followed by the government of Gujrat. Students who did not get the benefit of the Mukhyamantri Yuva Swavalamban Yojana will be getting some new benefits under a new scheme, Education Loan Interest Subsidy Scheme 2018 as the name suggests that the scheme will give 100% subsidy on the interest on the loan for one more year in addition to the duration of the course.
However this subsidy will only be applicable for the loan amount below 10 lakh. Interested candidates can register online on kcg.gujrat.gov.in
- Aim of the scheme: – To pursue higher education like graduation, post-graduation, diploma and further professional courses may it be in India or abroad the deprived but eligible students who have completed their 12th and equivalent course can apply for the scheme.
- Subsidy under the scheme: – A scheme called, governed by Gujarat government, Interest Subsidy Scheme 2018 for education loan, as the name suggests that this scheme will give a 100 percent subsidy on the interest incurred to the deprived students when they take education loan. And help them to pursue further education.
To strengthen the weak and deprived families the scheme offers a 100 percent subsidy to the students in the family who wish to pursue further education after 12th and some bright students who also wish to go abroad to brighten their future and the future of their family.
However the government has laid some eligibility criteria to this scheme. A brief description of the eligibility criteria in order to benefit from this scheme, is mentioned below.
- Educational Qualification: The beneficiary should have passed 12th or equivalent standard from Gujrat Higher Secondary Examination Board (GHSEB) or from Central Board Of Education (CBSE) must have been enrolled in the recognised university.
- Percentage of Marks: The beneficiary must have scored 60 percent and above in the 12th standard and should be a pass out of the year 2012 or later however this does not mean that the students who have passed out prior to 2012 cannot apply. They do can apply, the only thing in this situation is that they can on the basis of percentage.
- Beneficiaries who have taken admission to diploma after 10th can also apply for this scheme and apply on the basis of percentage.
- Family Income: Since this is a scheme that is going to give monetary benefit to the students hence there is a criteria for the family income. The total Annual Family Income should be not more than 6 lakh.
- The Education loan taken by the students from scheduled bank after the government resolution 04/07/2017. In case any student has taken loan before 04/07/2017 and have withdrawal the loan amount can also apply for this scheme.
- Eligible Courses: – The beneficiary must have passed 12th or equivalent with 60 percentages of marks and of equivalent and wishes to pursue further education such as Graduation post-graduation diploma or any professional course. The students who have passed 10th and taken admission to diploma course can also apply for this scheme.
- The students who are debarred from school and college and have to leave the further education due to behavioural issue or any other such issue are not been eligible for this scheme.
Application Form Online
To benefit from this scheme the students will have to register themselves online on the official website and fill in all the details required by the online system. The details are very nominal like the name, address, Aadhar card number, father’s income, email id, passing school details and the course where the admission is to be taken etc. The students will have to log in to the website link http://www.kcg.gujarat.gov.in/.
- Clink on Interest Subsidy Scheme on Education Loan at home page or Direct link here kcg.gujarat.gov.in/Education_loan/index.php.
- Now click on the Online Registration Form kcg.gujarat.gov.in/Education_loan/reg_validation.php
- Once the students log on to the website mentioned above the page will open where the needy student will have to enter the details asked and hit enter or click next.
- After clicking on “Next” a new page will open where the candidate will have to fill the personal information like name and address. Also the candidates will be asked for the current school details
- Then after scrolling down the information in regards to the Institute where the candidate wants to take admission to.
- After scrolling down more the candidate will be asked his loan details such as name of the bank, Loan account Number.
- Below that the candidate will be asked for his saving bank account details which includes the account number, Name of the bank, IFSC code, branch code. This is to reimburse the subsidy.
- The candidate will also be asked for the loan requirement details which he has to fill in the information.
Other Important links –
- How to apply (English)
- How to aaply (Gujarati)
- Self declaration
- Bank endorsement form
- Scheme booklet in Gujarati
Once all the information is been filled on the online system then the candidate needs to click on the next button which will redirect him to the next page where the message will be displayed that he has successfully completed the registration for the scheme. And he will be given a Registration ID which he will need in the near future for further references.