AP YSR Jagananna Vidya Kanuka Kits Scheme 2020-21 (Educational Kit) to Govt. School Students (Eligibility, Application Form, Items, Documents)
Proper academic qualification can ensure a better future for the students. Children, to poor households, often drop out of school due to financial constraints. They fail to complete their education, and are deprived of a better future. The present Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh has highlighted in the election manifesto that his government will ensure that every child gets proper education. Now that his party is in power, he has launched a new scheme that boosts the educational sector. Under the Jagananna Vidya Kanuka Kits Scheme, the beneficiaries will get special academic kits from the state government. If you want to know more about the scheme features, then read this article.
Launch details of the scheme
Name of the scheme
Jagananna Vidya Kanuka Kits Scheme
YS Jagan Mohan Reddy
Date of announcement
Date of implementation
1st June 2020
Students who study in class 1 to class 10 in state-run schools
Education Ministry of Andhra Pradesh
Key features of the scheme
- Development of the students – The new academic welfare scheme will pave the path for the betterment of the educational sector in Andhra Pradesh.
- Assistance for poor students – The development of this scheme has been done with the objective of assisting and encouraging the students.
- Lower dropout percentage – The kits will encourage the students to continue their educational pursuits. As the parents need not worry about financial expenses, the dropout rate will be reduced.
- Increase literacy rate – The Chief Minister is hopeful that the implementation of this scheme will increase the number of students in the schools. It will boost the overall literacy rate in the state significantly.
- Estimated beneficiary number – The state government mentioned that the implementation of this unique scheme will benefit 42 lakh students directly.
- Cost of the kits – The government officials highlighted that the total cost of arranging one kits is Rs. 1,350.
- Contents of the kit – The state-sponsored kit will contain textbooks or notebooks. Apart from this, the beneficiary will obtain two new pairs of socks, and a pair of new shoes. The kit will also contain a belt and a schoolbag. Every beneficiary will also attain three sets of fabric, which must be used for making the school uniforms.
- Payment for tailoring the uniforms – The Chief Minister also stated that the school uniform making charges will be given to the beneficiaries. The amount will be directly deposited in the bank account of the beneficiary’s mother.
- Delivery process – The state government realized that it is necessary to come up with a simple kit distribution process. It will ensure that the eligible candidates get their kits easily. Thus, the students need to come to the Comprehensive Training Centers, and collect their kits.
- Kit distribution date – During the announcement of this project, the Chief Minister mentioned that the distribution of the academic kits will take place on the 1st of June, 2020. The date has been scheduled so that the beneficiaries get the items before the commencement of the 2020- 2021 academic year.
- Allocated budget – The Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh has also mentioned that the overall funding, necessary for the successful implementation of the project is Rs. 655.60. The Andhra Pradesh government will contribute Rs. 262.24 crore, while the outstanding amount will be arranged from other sources.
Click Here for YSR Amma Vodi Scheme Form
Eligibility for applicants
- Residents of Andhra Pradesh – The Chief Minister has mentioned that if the student is a permanent and legal resident of this state, then he/she will be able to collect the kit.
- Must study in government school – The scheme draft also highlights that only those students, who are pursuing education in the government schools, will be able to apply for this welfare project.
- Must be regular school students – It is imperative that the pupil attends school on a regular basis. If the applicant has dropped out, then he/she will be barred from partaking in this scheme.
- For specific students – It has been mentioned in the official scheme draft that only those school students, who come under the 1st standard to 10th standard category, will be allowed to attain the kit.
Documents necessary for application
- Residential documents – As the scheme is exclusively for the residents of the state, each interested and eligible student must offer official residential proof certificate.
- Identification proof – The candidate needs to furnish a photocopy of his/her Aadhar Card. It will be used for the verification of registration.
- School documents – The applicant must provide the school admission documents. He/she must provide such official papers, which highlight the current class of the applicant. Apart from this, it is mandatory to submit an official document that states that the school is operated by the state government.
- Regularity certificate – It is the responsibility of the respective school authority to issues a certificate in the name of the eligible candidate. The certificate will highlight that the applicant is a regular school students.
Click Here for AP YSR Navasakam Scheme New Card List
How to attain enrollment form and register for the scheme?
The Chief Minister has made a detailed announcement about the benefits and features of this scheme. Neither The Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh nor any government officials have made any comments about the application process. The state government can select the offline or online registration process. It is expected that the authority will pick an enrollment mode that will be convenient for the students. There is still time for the implementation of the scheme. The state officials suggested that they are working on the final stages of guideline development. Once the Andhra Pradesh authority comes out with an official statement, highlighting the application process, we will update it on our site.
The state government has high hopes with the implementation of this scheme. The success of this project will serve several purposes. The Chief Minister has developed this scheme to ensure that the poor families can send their wards to the government schools, without worrying about arranging money for purchasing the necessary academic supplies.
Other links –
- Snehaloy Housing Scheme in West Bengal
- KCR Apathbandhu Ambulance Scheme Telangana
- YSR Pelli Kanuka Scheme in AP Form
- YSR Kanuka Pension Scheme Andhra Pradesh Form