Jai Kisan Rin Mukti Yojana in Madhya Pradesh 2019-20
Farm Loan Waiver [Karj Mafi] MP
[Application Form Last Date, Eligibility, Documents, Farmer List]
Madhya Pradesh is one of the Indian states that heavily depend on agricultural practices. The overall prosperity and revenue generation of the state comes from agro practices. Apart from the agricultural workers, others are indirectly associated with the practices. Thus, a blow to this sector will negatively impact the entire state. Unfortunately, poor farmers don’t have adequate financial backup to meet the agricultural requirements. Thus, they need to borrow money from the banks. But repayment of these loans is another issue that poor agricultural workers fall prey to. The new state government of Madhya Pradesh promised the common farmers that it will take necessary steps to lessen this burned from their shoulders. The mane of this project is Jai Kisan Rin Mukti Yojana.
|Name of the scheme||Jai Kisan Rin Mukti Yojana or Farm Loan Waiver Scheme or Karja Maafi Scheme|
|Launched in||Madhya Pradesh|
|Launched by||Chief Minister Kamal Nath|
|Original date of announcement||17th December 2019|
|Scheme got Cabinet’s approval||5th January 2019|
|Official launch date||15th January 2019|
|Target beneficiaries||Farmers of Madhya Pradesh|
|Application starts date||15th January 2019|
|Application form last date||5th February 2019|
|Commencement of credit waiver activities||22nd February 2019|
|Supervised by||Agricultural Development Department of Madhya Pradesh|
Key features of the scheme
- Development of farmers and agriculture – With the implementation of this project, the new state government wants to pave the path for the development of farmers as well as the agricultural sector.
- Total credit waiver – The scheme highlights that all eligible and selected applicants will be able to get as much as Rs. 2 lakhs waived immediately.
- Selected banks only – It has been mentioned in the scheme draft that farmers will be allowed to attain the benefits, if they acquire the loan from selective financial institutes. Rural banks in the region, all nationalized financial organizations, and cooperative banks have been included in this list. Farmers, which attained credit from private sector banks will not be considered eligible for this project.
- Credit application date – Earlier, the state decided that only those applicants will be able to attain the benefits, if they applied and acquired the credit before or on 31st march 2018. But now, this date has been changed. It has been extended till the 12th of December 2018. Thus, more needy farmers will be able to receive the perks of this project.
- Total number of beneficiaries – The state government has estimated that with proper implementation this farmer loan waiver project will be able to lessen the burden from the shoulders of 55 lakh eligible agricultural labors.
- Total budget for the scheme – The state agricultural department has suggested that MP government will have to shell out as much as Rs. 50,000 crore for offering respite to the target beneficiaries.
Three types of Application forms (Green, Pink and White) –
Keeping in mind some factors, the state government has kept the provision of three types of application forms. One can easily differentiate between these as they come in separate colors.
- Green form – The green registration form must be filled by the farmers who have received loan and their bank accounts have been successfully linked with the Aadhar code.
- White form – Creditors who have yet not linked their account details with the Aadhar card will have to fill and submit the white enrollment form.
- Pink Form – The pink form is mainly for submitting any complain or claim under this scheme.
It is suggested that interested and eligible agricultural labors will be able to collect the registration forms free of cost from the nearest agricultural department office or gram panchayat office. The same will also be available free of cost from the Block development office.
Eligibility and documents necessary for application
- Residential criterion – This innovative scheme has been implemented by the new Madhya Pradesh government. Thus, it is safe to comment that only legal residents of this region will get the benefit of this project. All eligible and interested farmers must be permanent residents of Madhya Pradesh. They must possess proper official documents to support their residential claims.
- Professional criterion – This scheme is only for those applicants who are associated with agricultural practices on a full time basis.
- Financial criterion – It has also been highlighted in the scheme draft that only marginal and small farmers, which lack the financial power to meet their farming requirements will be allowed to attain the waiver benefits.
- Personal ID proof – It is mandatory for all agricultural workers to submit their personal identification documents with the application form. The submission of the Aadhar or the voter card is a must for background checks by the state government.
- Credit related documents – All interested applicants will have to attach photocopies of their credit documents. These documents must highlight the date of credit application and issuance, and the amount.
How to get application form and register for the scheme?
The scheme has been rolled out officially in the state. The authority, in charge of its implementation has not highlighted anything about the application process. However, it has suggested that there will be three different registration forms. It is evident that the enrollment procedure will be carried out on the offline basis to make it easy for the farmers. Once the full registration related details are published, you will get it on this site.
Loan waiver schemes not only offer financial assistance to the needy farmers, but boost their confidence as well. India will not be able to function on a large scale if the governments ignore the development of agricultural sector.
- Krishak Bandhu Scheme in West Bengal 2019
- Jharkhand Free Smar tPhone Mobile Yojana For Farmers
- Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana 2019
- How to Check Name in SECC Data List 2011