[jaivikkheti.in] Registration In Jaivik Kheti Portal For Farmers And Traders
Central government of India has launched a new portal for the farmers. To promote the organic farming all over the country, the Prime Minister has taken this step. All the farmers across the country can register through online process to the portal namely Jaivik Kheti (Organic Farming) Portal.
|Name||Jaivik Kheti | Organic Farming|
|Launched Date||17th March 2018|
|Launched By||Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi|
|Event On Launched Day||Krishi Unnati Mela|
|Aim Of the Event||Doubling farmers’ income|
Registration In Jaivik Kheti Portal [Farmers And Traders]
- As mentioned before that farmers can register with the portal for benefits provided by the central government through online process. At the first place farmers are required to visit the official portal http://www.jaivikkheti.in/.
- On the home page of the portal, find the ‘Register’ button at the top right corner. Those who are already registered with the portal can directly log in by using ID and password. For the new users they have to click on the ‘Register’ button.
- On the next page, the candidate has to choose whether he is a farmer or a trader. Accordingly the user has to choose an option. If you are a farmer, click on the ‘Register as a farmer’ option.
- After selecting the farmers’ option, the user will be redirected to the registration form page. User (farmer) has to enter his personal details like name, age, gender, caste, father/guardian’s name and then upload a picture of him.
- Documents : In the next segment the farmers have to enter their address and other contact details. Finally in the last segment farmers have to mention about their ID proof such as Voter ID, Aadhaar Number or any other ID proof. Along with entering the details, farmers are required to upload the ID proof’s scanned copy in the portal.
- Finally submit the form for final registration of the farmers. After submitting the form farmers will get their login ID and password through which they can use the portal freely.
Key Features And Facilities
- Objective: The major reason behind launching this portal is to promote organic farming. The central government is keen to start Rasayan Mukt Bharat Abhiyan. Under which no pesticides or chemicals will be used for farming.
- Information: This portal will also provide vast information regarding various schemes by central government. Information on schemes such as Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana and such will be available in the portal.
- Trading: The portal will also have trading facility with which farmers can sell their produce directly to the buyers. Buyers, on the other, can buy products at proper price from the farmers.
- Reasons behind promoting organic farming: The central government is promoting organic farming so that agricultural produce can be chemical free. Also the health of the soil will be better with organic farming. Organic farming provides nutrients to the soil.
From Chemical Farming to Organic Farming
- To convert from chemical to organic farming, farmers have to follow some steps. Firstly they should stop using chemicals like pesticides, fertilisers and other products. Instead of those they can sue natural resources like cow dung, household wastes and such.
- For soil health instead of medicines they can use bio-fertilisers, biotic products, Panchagavya and so on. To protect the plants from insects, instead of insecticides they can use dashparni, bramshtra and such.
- Farmers should attempt multiple cropping, crop rotation, inter cropping, trap crops and agricultural, forestry, horticultural production process to protect the health of the land and soil.
- Another thing is use of untreated seeds by the farmers. Farmers should not use treated seeds that grow faster than its normal state. Untreated seeds have all the normal nutrients that treated seeds don’t have.
Krishi Unnati Mela
- The fair or mela was organised by IARI. Started from 16th March 2018, the fair will last till 18th March 2018. During the fair farmers will get many advantages related to their farming. Soil check up, water related issues, crops, fertilisers and many more help will be provided during the 3day fair.
- During the fair, PM spread awareness against chemical farming. Mainly he said farmers should not use any type of steroid for the plants for fast cultivation. This will harm the crops as well as the produce. Farmers should cultivate each crop by using natural ways for better production.
Chemical farming is vastly taking place in nation because it produces goods faster than organic farming. It is important to let farmers know the cons of chemical farming. This portal will help them to understand the pros and cons of organic farming as well as why they shouldn’t go for chemical farming in India.