KALIA Yojana in Odisha 2019-20 [New Beneficiary Name List Download, Online Application Green-Red Form , Farmer list, Check Status, Helpline, last date, 2nd and 3rd list] [Full Form – Krushak Assistance for Livelihood and Income Augmentation Scheme]
The alarming and sorry state of the common farmers in Odisha was on the verge of collapse when the government announced the launch and implementation of the KALIA scheme. The name of this farmer welfare package is Krushak Assistance for Livelihood and Income Augmentation, where the government has offered something for the all vulnerable sections, which are or were associated with agricultural practices.
Launch details of the scheme
Name of the scheme (Full form)
|Krushak Assistance for Livelihood and Income Augmentation Scheme or KALIA Yojana|
|Launched by||CM Naveen Patnaik|
|Date of scheme launch||Dec 2018|
|Total number of beneficiary households||75 lakhs|
|Supervised by||Odisha Agricultural Department|
|Last date of application||June 2019|
Key features of the Kalia scheme
- Agricultural development – The implementation of the farmer welfare package has been done to elevate them from their sorry state. If farmers can grow more crops, then the state will also progress in the agricultural sectors.
- Funds before crop sowing – The state government will transfer Rs. 5000 in the account of the selected farmers before the Kharif crop. The same amount will be transferred again to help the farmers with the Rabi crop preparations.
- Tenure of the scheme – The Odisha government will continue the scheme for five years, i.e., from 2018 to 2023.
- Money allocated for farmers without farmlands – All those cultivators, who do not have their own farm will attain Rs. 12,500 annually, so that they can start alternative activities, which are closely associated with agriculture or animal husbandry.
- Perks for vulnerable agricultural labors – People, who were once associated with farming, but cannot continue the work due to age constraints or physical impairment, will receive annual financial support of Rs. 10,000.
- Interest-free credit for agricultural purpose – The welfare package also included the opportunity of taking a loan of Rs. 50,000. The only condition is that the money must be utilized for agricultural development only. No interest will be charged on credit if the amount does not cross Rs. 50,000 mark.
- Life coverage policies for agricultural labors – The family of the farmers face financial uncertainties if the farmer passes away before time. By paying Rs. 330 as premium, farmers can get life coverage policy worth Rs. 2 lakhs. Rs. 165 will be offered by the Odisha government as a contribution towards the premium.
- Insurance cover for accidents – Under this package, the government offers accidental insurance coverage of Rs. 2 lakhs. For this, the farmers will have to pay Rs. 6 as premium, and Rs. 6 will be paid by the Odisha government.
Eligibility and documents necessary for Kalia scheme application
- Residential criterion – The KALIA scheme is the brainchild of CM Naveen Patnaik. He wants to uplift the financial condition of the poor people living in the villages. As the Odisha government will finance all monetary requirements for the implementation of this project, only legal residents of the area, possessing legal residential documents will be able to apply.
- Poor farmers only – Only those agricultural labors, which belong to the marginal and small categories, will be permitted to attain the benefits of the scheme. Apart from them, those farmers, who do not have their own farmland; will also get financial support from the state.
- BPL applicants – The interested applicants must belong to the BPL category, with officially issued BPL certificates.
- ST and SC applicants – Special focus will be given on the selection of farmers, who belong to ST or SC categories. Such candidates will have to produce the ST/SC certificate with the application form.
- Registered agricultural labors – Part-time or seasonal agricultural labors will not attain monetary assistance. Only farmers with registration cards, issued by the Panchayat or Agricultural Department will be able to apply.
- ID proofs – Photocopies of Aadhar card, ration card and voter card must be attached with the application form for authentication of the candidates.
- Age proof – The lower age limit of the farmers must be 18 years, while the upper age limits must not be more than 50 years to attain life coverage and accidental policy benefits. Thus, submitting an age proof is also mandatory.
- Farmland papers – If the interested farmer has a plot that is more than 5 acres in measurement, then he will be barred from getting the scheme perks. The draft highlights that 5 acre is the upper limit, starting from 2.5 acres.
- Bank account details – As the funds will be transferred in the savings account, applicants must attach a photocopy of the bank passbook that contains all account–related data.
How to acquire application form online and register for the Kalia scheme in Odisha?
- During the announcement of the scheme, the CM mentioned that all applications would be made via a separate portal. The official website address of this scheme is kalia.co.in.
- When the page opens, applicants will see a separate link that is marked as “Form” in right hand side.
- As soon as the candidates click on this link, there is options red and green. Candidates can download Kalia Green form and Kalia Red Form.
- Candidates will have to download the application document and get a printout.
- Then it is time to fill the various fields, with correct details. After this, attach the listed documents with the application form.
- Farmers and other beneficiaries, living in rural areas can submit the form in the office of the Gram Panchayat.
Green Forms Means – Those who are eligible but Whose name not in the list, can download green form and apply for it.
Red Form Means – Those who are not eligible and whose names are not in the list, can download the Red Form and apply for it.
Offline application form process for Kalia scheme-
If the applicant is not well-versed with the internet and computer, then such applicants can reach out to the office of the Gram Panchayat. In the office, interested applicants will get a drop box. There is green box for submission of the green forms, and red box for the submission of the red forms. Depending on the purpose, the farmers are to drop in their application forms in the respective boxes. These applicant forms will then be sent to the respective department for scrutiny and selection.
How can farmers check the application status and new Green Beneficiary list, second list and 3rd list (Block, Panchayat, Village, Jila wise list)
- As mentioned by the CM in 2018, it is impossible to reach out to all eligible applicants in a single phase. Thus, the implementation will be divided into several stages to cover a massive number of applicants.
- The application and beneficiary list preparation for the first, second, and third phases have been completed in 2018 itself.
- Applicants, who enrolled during the first phase and the following phases, can search their names on the site for application status check.
- To start the application status checking process, applicants will have to log in on the official portal, and then click on the link that will open the beneficiary page.
- The direct link of this page is http://green.kalia.co.in/BeneficiaryGreen.aspx.
- As the page open, candidates will have to type in the name of the district to start the search. Once the beneficiary list of that respective district opens, applicants can type in their names and addresses to narrow down the search.
Helpline number for the Kalia scheme
The state government had introduced a new way of offering details to the interested candidates. The Odisha government kept the provision for acquiring scheme-related information by calling on the toll-free number 1800-572-1122. Additionally, interested candidates can get scheme details via SMS. For this, they must give a miss call on the number 08061174222, from their respective mobiles, and the SMS will be forwarded to the number from where the missed call was made.
As the CM took the oath to discharge his duties for the fifth time, he mentioned that the scheme would be revamped in the days to come. During the first implementation of the farmer welfare package, the government faced many issues, which it had not expected. Odisha CM also said now that the authority is aware of these issues, it will eliminate these handicaps, and pave the path for the smooth implementation of KALIA scheme.
Other Articles –
- Super 100 scheme in Haryana
- PM Shram Yogi Mandhan Yojana Chart
- Biju Swasthya kalyan Yojana Odisha Eligibility
- Biju Krushak Kalyan Yojana in Odisha Card List