Karnataka Migrant Workers Registration: Apply at sevasindhu.karnataka.gov.in Online (Travel to Karnataka and Travel to other states from Karnataka)
Since the lock down was imposed people could not get back to their home. The lockdown was necessary because, due to COVID-19 people are suffering all across the world. The spread of the infection is very rapid; so, the government decided to go for nation-wide lockdown. However, the overnight lockdown caused problem to the people who are migrant workers and stuck in different parts of India. Finally, the Ministry of Home Affairs asked every state to bring their people back from other states. This is the reason the Karnataka government has launched the Seva Sindhu portal where people can register under the portal for moving back to state.
Importance of the portal
Keeping in mind about the spurt of new COVID-19 cases every, the Karnataka government started inter-state and inter-district registration program. The migrant workers of Karnataka are stranded in other states will be able to register in the portal. The details of the registration are given below.
Details in a tabular form
Name of the initiative
Migrant Workers Registration
Registration launched by
Government of Karnataka
Guidelines Issued By
Ministry of Home Affairs
Stranded workers of Karnataka
- Identity proof- To register on the portal one needs ID proof like Aadhar card, Voter card, Passport, etc.
- Contact number- The applicant needs to provide contact number and residential address on the online form
- Visa details- If the migrant is stranded in a different country then Visa details is important.
- Age proof- As age proof one can show Voter or Aadhar or Passport also birth certificate is acceptable.
click here to book your slot for Janasevaka doorstep delivery Scheme in Karnataka
How to Register Migrant Workers in Karnataka
- Visiting the portal-
In order to register under the portal you need to visit the official website. Direct link – click here
- Finding the form-
After that you will be taken to the main page where you will find an option called ‘Travel to Karnataka to other states’
- Filing up the form-
You need to fill up the form by entering all the details that form asks.
- Selecting travel option-
You need to select an option that asks whether you are travelling alone or with family.
- COVID-19 test option-
you need to confirm on the form that you and your family (if they are with you) are COVID-19 negative.
- Travel arrangement-
you need to mention the travel arrangement like, whether you are travelling on your own vehicle or you want state-arranged vehicle.
- Details of your house-
you need to provide the details of your house in Karnataka as in whether you have separate room and toilet to stay in quarantined.
- Submitting the form-
After filling up the form with accurate information you need to click on the submit button.
- Saving the ID-
after submitting the form you will get a registration ID that you need to save for future.
Guidelines to Be Followed On Return
In order to return to the state or travelling from Karnataka to other Indian states you need to follow the below-mentioned guidelines.
- The people who are arranging the vehicles should sanitize the bus, train and flights.
- The passengers should be screened before boarding.
- The authority need to monitor whether social distancing is being maintained.
- After you reach to your home you need to be quarantined for 14 days.
- The person who will violate the rule will be punished by law.
Click Here to apply for Karnataka Farmer Loan Waiver Scheme
Some Important Updates
- The registration for migrant workers is being done on an online portal.
- The registration is for inter-district and inter-state level.
- The applicant will receive the registration status within two days of registration.
- The inter-state bus will be available from 10:00 am to 6:00pm at 3rd
- There is Shramik Special train as well for migrant workers.
The government Karnataka has taken a praiseworthy step to bring the residents of the state who are stuck in different state. The registration has started from 2nd May, so it is hoped that very soon Karnataka state authority will be able to bring the migrant workers back to the state. And it will help to secure the workers and their families.
Other links –