Sri Kartarpur Sahib Corridor Registration – Dera Baba Nanak Apply Online Form
The political relations between India and Pakistan have always been strained. But one cannot deny that Pakistan was once a park of India. There are several Hindu and Sikh pilgrim spots in Pakistan. But the Indians are not allowed to visit these places due to international border regulations. Recently, the Pakistan government has announced that it will allow the Indian Sikh pilgrims to visit the popular Dera Baba Nanak Gurudwara. For this, the Indian government has launched the Sri Kartarpur Sahib Corridor Registration scheme. The corridor is the road through which, the registered Indian citizens must pass to get to their destination. In this article, you will learn about the important aspects of this scheme.
|Name of the project||Sri Kartarpur Sahib Corridor Registration|
|Launched by||Narendra Modi|
|Date of announcement||25th Oct|
|Inauguration date of the corridor||8th Nov|
|Start date of the pilgrimage||10th Nov|
|Target beneficiaries||Indian citizens|
|Supervised by||Union Government of India|
Importance and location of Sri Kartarpur Sahib Gurudwara
Sri Kartarpur Sahib Gurudwara is now a part of Pakistan. The place holds special significance for the followers of Sikhism because Guru Nanak used to live here during the latter part of his life. The Gurudwara is situated in the Kartarpur village, and is at a distance of only 1 kilometer from the international Indo-Pak boarders. The holy month of Prakash Purb for the Sikhs will start soon. It is an ideal time to visit holy places. The government has constructed a four lane highway and named it Sri Kartarpur Sahib Corridor in honor of the great Sikh spiritual guru. The length of this corridor is 4.1 kilometers.
Important things –
- Religious pilgrimage opportunity – The agreement between the two nations has given the devotees of Guru Nanak an opportunity to visit the place where he lived. It also creates a chance for the betterment of the political relations between the governments of two nations.
- Langar organized by Pakistan government – The Pakistan government has announced that it will take the necessary measures to organize a Langar for the visitors. Delicious food will be served from this community kitchen to the pilgrims. Additionally, the Pakistan government will also ensure that the devotees can pay their respects and collect the Prasad.
- Visitation charges – All pilgrims, who visit the sacred place, will have to pay a visitation fee to the Pakistan government. Each pilgrim must pay $20 to get the necessary permission.
- PTB construction – For the convenience of the passengers, travelling from India, the authority has constructed the Passenger Terminal Building. All security and document checks will be completed in this complex.
- Registration does not mean permission – The registration process is a way to notify the government that a certain person is interested in making the trip. The right to deny the permission lies with the authority.
- Notification tenure – If the registration of an applicant has been granted, then the ministry will send a notification. This notification may come before three to four days of the actual date of the journey.
Sri Kartarpur Sahib Corridor Registration Online
- Online registration portal –
To make the registration process easy for the Indian citizens, the government has launched a separate website for this scheme. All interested applicants can log in on this portal by clicking on the link https://prakashpurb550.mha.gov.in/kpr/.
- Online application activation –
On the homepage, the applicants will see several tabs. These are located on the top portion of the page. The applicants must click on the tab that is marked as ‘Apply Online.’
- Primary form fill-up –
After clicking on the tab, a new page will open. It has several fields and the applicants must select their nationality.
- Journey slot booking –
The applicants will be able to select a date when they desire to visit the Gurudwara. Once the candidates have completed the journey slot selection, he/she must click on the button that is marked as ‘Continue.’
- Actual registration for the pass –
It will trigger the portal to open the digitized application form to register for Sri Kartarpur Sahib Corridor journey. The candidates need to fill in the various fields with their personal and passport details. After completing the form fill-up, applicants have to click on the button that says ‘Save and Continue.’
- Scrutiny of the application forms –
The Indian as well as the Pakistan government will have access to these forms. The government officials will check the background of the applicants. If everything is in order, then the applicant will get the clearance.
- Issuance of ETA –
Once both the governments offer clearance notification, a message will be sent to the applicant. An Electronic Travel Authorization or ETA will be issued in the name of the applicant. If the applicant fails to produce the pass at the corridor, then he/she will not be allowed to continue the journey.
Eligibility to apply for the registration –
- Indian citizens – The scheme will allow the Indian citizens to apply for the reservation under this scheme.
- OCI card holders – If the applicant is a citizen of a foreign country, then he/she must possess the OCI card.
- Age restriction for traveling alone – Only those applicants will be able to register for solo trip who fall in the age bracket of 18 and 70 years.
Documents necessary for application
- Residential proof – All Indian citizens will have to furnish any official document that highlights that he/she is a legal and permanent resident of the country.
- Copy of OCI card – If the applicant is a foreigner, then he/she must offer the details of the OCI card.
- Age proof – Due to the age restriction for the solo travelers, they need to submit proper age proof documents to support their claims.
- Passport – The applicants must provide passport details and submit a copy of it if the authority deems fit.
What are the things that Indian pilgrims must do?
- Children and aged people cannot travel on their own – The scheme guidelines highlight that is the age of the child is less than 13 years and if the elderly person is of 75 years or above, then they will not be allowed to travel alone. They must be a part of a group to get the destination.
- Carry eco-friendly items – The Indian government has stressed that the pilgrims must take the necessary measures not to pollute the sacred site. Thus. The pilgrims will be allowed to carry environment friendly items with them.
- Currency limitation – The pilgrims will not be allowed to carry more than Rs. 11,000 while they are on the journey to visit the Gurudwara.
- Baggage limitations – It has been mentioned in the journey guidelines that every person will only be permitted to carry a single bag. The weight of the luggage must not exceed the 7 kg mark.
What are the things that Indian pilgrims must not do?
- Abide by the negative list – When the applicant will attain the ETA, he/she will also get a digital document that highlights all the things that they are not supposed to carry or do. Every pilgrim must abide by these rules.
- No smoking or drinking – Once the pilgrims enter the Passenger Terminal Building, they will no longer be able to indulge in any smoking or drinking activities till the end of the pilgrimage. These items will be mentioned on the negative list.
- Staying vigilant is the key – The scheme guidelines also highlight that the Indian citizens are not allowed to touch anything that is not claimed by any person. They must be alert at all times. It will assist them to detect apprehensive events and people. In such cases, they must get in touch with the authority without fail.
- Permission for taking pictures – The scheme also mentions that the pilgrims will not be allowed to take any snaps of the area. They can do so only if they possess special permission from the authority.
- No loud music – The Indian government also forbids the playing of any form of high pitched music. It will restore the peace and sanctity of the site.
Both the Indian and Pakistan governments will do their parts to make the pilgrimage successful for the interested applicants. The scheme and the corridor will be officially launched next month. But scheme portal is active and applicants can complete the registration process to ensure higher chances of acquiring the approval.
Other links –
- YSR Adarsham Scheme AP 2019
- YSR Rythu Bharosa Payment Status
- Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana Abhiyan Registration
- कन्या सुमंगला योजना ऑनलाइन फॉर्म