Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana PMKVY (Course List, Apply, Scholarship, Rewards, Jobs) Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendras
The Narendra Modi Government is now quite famous for launching social alleviation schemes in the country and targeting grey areas of national development. In the same line, the government has launched the new skill training scheme Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana also known as PMKVY that would ensure that the youth of the nation receive the best technical trainings so that they can increase the overall production of the country and in turn have a better employed life in India and abroad.
The scheme would be launched by the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) and its objective would be to mobilize and enable the national youth so that they undergo outcome based skill training and be eligible to be employed well and earn their livelihood better. This yojana second phase will end in 2020.
Please secure future of your girl child by investing in Sukanya Samriddhi Account.
How to Apply for Kaushal Vikas Yojana | Skill India
To enroll in this scheme, the applicant must submit an online application in the official web portal of the PMKVY. The official web page for online form fill up is www.pmkvyofficial.org. After visiting the home page of the PMKVY, the candidate must find a training centre by providing details of sector or location or the nature of training. Then the candidate must select the desired training centre from where the he / she will receive the training. Currently Sachin Tendulkar is the brand ambassador of Skill India Scheme.
There is a dedicated help line to get all required details and to solve queries regarding the PMKVY scheme. The help line number is +91 8800055555. Several Kaushal melas are also being held to get mass registrations for the PMKVY.
Procedure to get registered in a training centre for applying in Kaushal Vikas Yojana
For registering in the Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PKMVY), there are some easy procedures that one needs to follow. The main motto of this scheme is to bring skill development and employment opportunity among the common masses, specially the youth. So before getting enrollment in this scheme, one has to find and join a training centre. One can easily find a registered training centre near your area in the official website of PMKVY – http://www.pmkvyofficial.org.
After the choice of training centre, the candidate must input all the required information in the portal. The training partner will acquire the information of the candidate on their database and arrange for skill development training. After successful training in the training centre, certification will be done by the training partner. The certified one will be awarded (mainly monetary award) as per the norms mentioned in the PMKVY scheme. The money will be given by the NSDC.
About Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana
- PMKVY is a flagship scheme that would ensure that the youth undergo skill training under NSDC and this scheme would affect the skill sets of around 24 lakh individuals across the length and breadth of the country.
- The National Skill Qualification Framework (NSQF) would be the benchmark of training programs carried out under the PM Kaushal Vikas Yojana.
- The scheme would also award monetary rewards to the successful trainees on completion and the certifications and assessments would be carried out by third party assessment bodies.
- The average monetary reward given to each trainee would be around Rs 8,000.
- Now Sachin Tendulakr has become the brand ambassador of Skill India or Kaushal vikas Scheme
Who is eligible for PMKVY?
One of the core eligibility criterion for any candidate to be enrolled under the scheme is that they should be an Indian National by status of residence and who:
- Is enrolled under a skill development training program and wants to work in an eligible sector
- Is certified for a period of one year from the time when the scheme is launched.
- On a condition is getting the reward money for the first and only time during his entire lifetime
The processes involved in Kaushal Vikas Yojana
Following would be the process through which an eligible candidate would be enrolled under the scheme, would undergo the skill training and receive the reward and certification under the PMKVY:
- The trainees would get enrolled with any of the authorized training centers and would be enrolled with a training course and a training partner
- The training partner would capture all candidate details on SDMS by getting relevant information from the trainee and thus facilitate the process further
- The trainee would undergo the training with the help of training partner at the concerned center and then undergo the training assessment.
- After the assessment is over, the trainee would receive certification on successful completion of the training program.
- Once the certification is handed over to the trainee, the NSDC would disburse the training reward amount to the successful trainees after validating their Aadhar Numbers.
Kaushal Vikas Yojana Tollfree or Helpline Number and Email ID
For more details on this scheme, interested candidates can get in touch with the concerned officials between 09:00 AM to 06:00 PM at 088000-55555 or write an email to email@example.com
The funds allocated for Kaushal Vikas Yojana
A total of Rs 1,5000 crore has been allocated to this yojana, which would cover an estimated of 24 lakh trainees across the country.
|1||An overall amount of Rs 220 crore would be spend on those trainees who come with a prior learning of the skillset|
|2||Rs 67 crore would be spent on mobilization efforts and awareness building|
|3||The concerned department would organize skill melas to ensure that the skills reaches the target section of population and would involve the development bodies at grassroot levels like Panchayati Raj Institutions, Community based organizations, municipal bodies and state governments.|
|4||The scheme would also spare Rs 67 crore on mentorship and placement facilitation that would ensure that the trainees reach the desired level of employment through the scheme|
Assessment under Kaushal Vikas Yojana
Skill gap studies would form the basis of assessment under PMKVY. The assessment would be carried out under the supervision of NSDC and concerned ministries/departments. The target of the skill program assessment would be in line with other flagship programs launched recently like Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, National Solar Mission, Digital India, Make in India, etc.
To sum it up, Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana is targeting the unemployed youth of the nation and that is a noble cause as long as the implementation part if taken care in the utmost scrutinized way. This is certainly not the first scheme in India that is launched to improve the skill set of the youth, but since the government is new at the center, this could pave the way for a skilled manpower in the country.
Kaushal Vikas Yojana Course List
There are tons of program for which you guys can enroll. There are around 30 to 40 sectors for which enrollment can be done.
- Please browse this page http://pmkvyofficial.org/Training-Centre.aspx.
- Select the category of your choice
- Click on Find Now
- Then the page displayed will have all the list of centers near you.
- In this page you have the options to select from Sectors Regions and many more things.
Union Budget 2017 Expands Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendras
Agree or don’t agree – the only people who can make or break a nation in the future are the youth of the nation. So, it is important to ensure that the youth of a country has the necessary skills that will help the nation to ride on them and propel into a bright future.
This is where India trumps almost every country in this world. Indian youth demography makes every other nation in the world jealous. Did you know that 65% of Indian population are youth? That’s a type of demographic distribution that places India in a very advantageous position.
This particular area has been the primary focus of the Narendra Modi government which launched the massive Skill India program for energizing Indian youth and make their market-ready – be it domestic or international arena.
Why Skill India?
One of the primary objectives of the Union Government has been to transform into the Skill Capital of world. With that aspiration in mind, Union Government’s Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship of MSDE started providing vocational training to those who are eligible for such training through tangible training centers, which are known as Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendra. In English, they are referred to as MTCs or Model Training Centers.
Working towards the creation of a skilled labor force, MSDE commissioned NSDC or National Skills Development Corporation and tasked it with the responsibility of creating Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendras. The core objectives of NSDC were defined as:
- Create training centers that will work as benchmark. Such centers will convey the aspirations of the government to impart competency-based training that will develop a skilled labor force for India.
- Such centers should have sustainability and quality as their driving force and they should properly connect with every single stakeholder in the process of delivering the skills.
- The centers should not be driven by mandate. They should not be icons of footloose model. Rather, they should become sustainable institutions and serve as model for others.
Does that answer the question, “Why Skill India?”
Here is something more you should know:
- Most of the youth employed in India are unskilled and are employed in the informal sector. Because they are unskilled, they cannot grab better earning opportunities.
- Because they are unskilled, their employers (majorly the MSMEs) also take the beating as the MSMEs fail to improve on quality as a well as quantity, thereby losing their competitive edge in international arena.
With skilled labor force, India can not only see a massive growth in its informal employment sector but can also experience growth and improvement in:
- Demand of products and services
- Increase in economic growth rate
- Increase in GDP of the nation
There is much more to add to this list but since this article is not intended for going into such details, we will stop.
Skill India actually came with some conditions for eligibility
There were some eligibility conditions for Skill India. Here are those conditions:
- Only those youths can enroll who are of Indian nationality.
- Youths should be willing to work in a sector for which they are eligible.
- Youths should have 1-year certification from launch date of the scheme.
- Should not ask for (or use unfair means to get) the monetary reward more than once in entire lifetime.
Expansion of Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendras
As a beginning point for Skill India, the Union Government pin pointed 60 districts in India and ordered NSDC to open and operate Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendras in those districts. However, in Budget 2017, Arun Jaitley – the current Union Finance Minister announced that the government has now decided to increase the coverage to 600 districts in India.
This decision will widen the scope and coverage of Skill India as more and more youth will come under the radar of NSDC.
One of the reasons why the government decided to extend Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendras is that the government is about to start with the second phase of Skill India. This second phase is known as Skill Strengthening for Industrial Value Enhancement. It is abbreviated as STRIVE. The government has given a budget allocation of INR 2,200 crores for STRIVE implementation.
STRIVE will look towards improving on the skill training provided by ITIs in India. With industry cluster approach, STRIVE will strengthen apprenticeship programme. STRIVE will majorly focus on market-centric training to improve the market-readiness of Indian youth both at national and international levels.
Apart from extending the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendras to 600 districts, the government has also decided to set up what is known as “India International Skill Centers”. 100 such centers will be created. The purpose of these new 100 centers will be to train the Indian youths in foreign languages so that those who want to look for job opportunities in other countries, can grasp the language necessary for communication in that particular geographical demography.
National Rural Livelihood Mission
While staying on the topic of Skill India, it is pretty important to say that while Skill India is more urban-oriented program, the Union Government has not ignored the rural youth. The government has decided to impart training to 5 lakh youths in rural India under Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana, which is commonly referred to as Rural Livelihood Mission. The overall training will be completed by year 2022 but for the upcoming fiscal – 2017-2018, 20,000 rural youths will receive mason training. The estimated cost for this whole program will be INR 4,500 crores.
Please follow this link for Kaushal Vikas Yojana in Hindi
Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana in Arunachal Pradesh
Arunachal Pradesh is blessed with natural beauty. Tourism is the most important revenue earner. But overall development of this region is not possible only with tourism. Youth of Arunachal Pradesh lacked access to technical training and this was hindering their professional growth. But all that has changed with the implementation of Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana. Under this scheme, youngsters will receive technical training. A new computer training center has recently opened at Itanagar with a total strength of 90 candidates. Trained guides are helping youngsters to attain computer training that will assist them in future. Here, students need not worry about paying high tuition fee, as charged by private computer training institutes. In future more such training centers will be opened in the state.