Kisan Rin Vitran Yojana in Rajasthan (Paperless Crop Loan in Rajasthan) 2020 [Apply Online, Registration, Eligibility, Cooperative banks ]
The sorry state of the farmers in Rajasthan has encouraged the state government to come up with a new loan scheme that will help the farmers to get easy agricultural loans. The name of this scheme is Kisan Rin Vitran Yojana. The authority is also calling it the Paperless Crop Loan, as the application process will be portal-based. Under this scheme, agricultural workers can apply for credit that will assist them to fulfill their farming –related requirements.
Launch details of the scheme
|Name of the scheme||Kisan Rin Vitran Yojana or Paperless Crop Loan|
|Launched by||Ashok Gehlot|
|Date of launch||2018 – 2019|
|Target beneficiaries||Farmers of Rajasthan|
|Application process||Online registration|
|Supervised by||Rajasthan Agriculture & Farmer Welfare Department|
Key features of the scheme
- Agricultural development – The implementation of the scheme will pave the path for the development of agriculture in the state. The financial assistance from the state will lift a heavy burden from the farmers’ shoulders.
- Credit from cooperative banks – The cooperative banks will offer the agricultural loan to the farmers. The cooperative banks will check the authenticity of the agricultural workers, and sanction the loan.
- Commencement of application – As per the government announcement, the online application will start from the 3rd of June, 2019.
- Implementation in phases – The state government has announced that the implementation of the scheme will be done in phases. In the first phase, farmers, who have been repaying their previous credits regularly, will be permitted to register. In the second phase, agricultural workers, who have missed some of their payment, will be allowed to enroll.
- Estimated number of applicants – During the implementation of the first phase, about 25 lakh members will be enrolled under the scheme.
- Low interest rates – One of the main features of the scheme is farmers will not have to worry about the burden of high interest payments. Rajasthan government has promised that the interest rate, levied on these loans will be very low.
Eligibility and the documents necessary for application
- Residential requirement – As the scheme has been developed and sponsored by the Rajasthan government, it is mandatory for the applicants to possess their legal residential documents. A copy of this certificate will be needed during the registration for background checks.
- Registered farmers – Only those agricultural workers will be able to attain the credit, which are associated with farming on a full-time basis. They must have their farmer registration cards.
- Gram Seva Sahkari Samiti members – Farmers, who are members of the Gram Seva Sahkari Samiti will also be allowed to attain the benefits of the scheme. Such applicants will have to submit a photocopy of the Samiti registration papers.
- ID proof – A photocopy of the Aadhar card, ration card and the voter card will be required during the final submission of the application.
- Bank account details – The loan money will be transferred in the bank account of the beneficiary. Thus, the applicants will have to provide bank and branch name, account number and other necessary details.
How to attain registration form and apply for the scheme?
- The Rajasthan government will launch a site that will help the interested candidates to apply for the benefits.
- After registering on the official site, the farmers will have to go to the E-Mitra centers or the Samiti.
- In these centers, the agents will check the documents, and then authenticate the identification of the farmers, by checking their biometric data.
- The background check will also help the agents to realize whether the candidates are eligible to get the loan or not.
The climate and the scarcity of water are the two reasons why the agricultural activities are so low in Rajasthan. But the central as well as the state government has been taking steps to ensure that the farmers get the necessary assistances. The development of the canal system has reduced the water issues. Other schemes are also active, which have been targeted towards the betterment of the farmers, by offering life insurance coverage. This scheme will make getting agricultural credit from the cooperative banks easy.
Other links –