(Life Bhavana Padhathi) Life Mission Housing Scheme in Kerala 2018-19 [Application Form And Process, Eligibility Criteria, Beneficiary List, Last Date] – Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Kerala
The recent floods have caused widespread devastation in Kerala. But this flood is not the only natural phenomenon that has been threating the lives of people, especially in the coastal areas. The sea has been encroaching on the land areas, forcing the coastal fisherman villages to relocate inland. It is here that the Kerala government has come up with a new scheme. Under the LIFE Mission Housing complex project, homeless flood affected and fishermen will receive free residential units from the state government.
The Kerala Life mission scheme has been launched by the state government in association with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana. The scheme provides benefits about Life or Livelihood Inclusion and Financial Inclusion.
|Name of the scheme||Life Mission Housing Scheme|
|Launched by||Pinarayi Vijayan|
|Falls under||Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana|
|Date of announcement||October 2018|
|Supervised by||Kerala Housing Development Department|
|Target beneficiaries||Homeless residents|
- Development of housing sector – Both sea coast erosion and floods have pave the path for massive devastation for the people in Kerala. Even permanent residential structures fell like houses if cards in front of the power of natural elements. With the implementation of the LIFE Mission project, Kerala government desires to develop the housing sector.
- Number of homes the government offers – As announced by the CM, the scheme will extend a helping hand towards the poor and needy individuals. As many as 5.13 lakh residential units will be constructed and distributed among the beneficiaries.
- Tenure of scheme completion – The Kerala government has fixed tenure for achieving its goals. The construction of houses, under the Life Mission scheme will continue for five years.
- Cost of each unit – The state government will have to spend as shell out Rs. 4 lakhs for the construction and preparation of each residential unit, before handing over the keys to the beneficiaries.
- Area of every residential house – The scheme draft highlights that the carper area of every residential home will be equal to 500 square meters.
- For needy and flood affected residents – The development and implementation of Life Mission has been targeted towards people who lost their home due to natural calamities. The scheme focuses on financially weaker sections.
- Total number of beneficiaries – As of now, the state department has created a beneficiary list of 5, 13, 000 people. Apart from this, it will add another 1, 70, 000 beneficiaries to the list during 2019.
- Additional facilities – The residential units will have fully functional washrooms and lavatories. These will ensure health and hygiene. Apart from this, the complexes will have community halls and playing areas for the children.
Eligibility and documents necessary for application
- Residential requirement – The scheme has been exclusively implemented for the betterment of residents of Kerala. All interested applicants must have their legal residential documents.
- Professional requirement – Fishermen will also get keys to their free apartments, if they lost their homes due to sea coast erosion. People belonging to this category will have to attach their professional certificates as well.
- Personal details – During filling in the application, applicants need to mention their personal details. One must attach scanned copies of voter, Aadhar or PAN card with the enrollment form.
- Caste related eligibility – People belonging to ST and SC categories will attain preference, when it comes to residential unit distribution. Such applicants must possess their caste certificates.
- Financial background – The scheme has been developed to help mainly people with weaker financial backgrounds. Thus, one must offer their income certificates if necessary.
- Flood affected individuals – Apart from the fishermen, those individuals will get homes that have lost their houses during the floods. For this, applicants will have to provide proper documents to support their claims.
Last Date of Application
- Start of application procedure – The state government announced that all applications lines have opened from November 2018.
- Closure of application procedure – The enrollment lines will remain open till the 12th of November . The deadline has been set for 5:00 PM.
How to get application form and apply online?
- The state government had mentioned that all interested candidates will have to fill in an online application form through the official portal of LIFE Mission scheme. There is no offline enrollment procedure. Portal based application will ensure flawless and speedy creation of beneficiary list.
- All applicants will have to click on the link http://lifemission.kerala.gov.in. It will offer the person access to the homepage.
- From this site, applicants will be able to attain all scheme related details.
- For enrollment, candidates need to complete initial login process. For this, one has to click on the link marked as “Login.” This link is located at the bottom right corner of the page.
- It will trigger the portal to open a new page in separate tab. Here, applicants need to type in their username and password. Then he/she needs to click on the “Log In” button.
- Once the initial registration is complete, applicants will have to enter the portal officially and get access to the scheme’s enrollment form.
- Once all personal, professional and other details have been typed in, candidates have to save and submit the application.
- It is the obligation of state authority to sort these applications, scrutinize the details, and form the beneficiary list accordingly.
Latest announcement by CM
Livelihood Inclusion and Financial Empowerment or LIFE Mission is not only a program to help people reconstruct their lives, after the floods hit the state. It also includes reaching out to the people who lost their homes due to land erosion. The Chief Minister recently handed over the keys of 192 residential units to the selected beneficiaries. All these units are located in the ‘Prathiksha’ complex. It is also a tribute to all those people, belonging to the fishing community, who stepped up during the floods, and helps to save thousands of lives. The entire apartment extends over 3.5 acres plot. There are 24 buildings in the complex, and each building has eight residential units. The CM also highlighted that the government had to shell out around 2.5 crores for the project.
In case an individual is interested in this project, or requires assistance to understand the nitty-gritties better, then he/she can send a mail at email@example.com. Apart from this, one can also call on the number 0471 2518274.
The people, who live in costal Kerala, have to face double pronged attack from the water bodies. The indiscriminate erosion of land, along the sea borders, endangers the lives and livelihood of local fishermen. The recent devastating floods highlighted that the state was in no way ready to meet the challenges of a climatic catastrophe. Thousands of people lost their homes. The government has already stated implementing reformative measures to set things back in order.
- What Is High Security Registration Number Plates ?
- Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana Abhiyan 2018
- Kerala Swavalamban Yojana Application form
- Haritha Keralam Mission Kerala