List of all Health Care Schemes sponsored and subsidized by states and center
National Health Protection Scheme (NHPS) was officially announced by the Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley officially at the time of budget announcement 2018. The implementation of the NHPS is expected to be done by this fiscal year 2018-19. Under the new initiative the government expects to cover over 50 crore individuals (10 crore families). The beneficiaries are expected to get financial coverage of Rs 5 lakh each on yearly basis. The new concept will be implemented by across the country.
State wise implementation of NHPS
1 Andhra Pradesh
- As per the statements made the BPL families will be offered with free health insurance facilities under the “Health For all” initiative. In case the family members are not able to take or purchase insurance premiums of higher value they will be able to take the benefit of the scheme by paying a lower premium of Rs 100.
- The government will also offer with convenience of insurance coverage for around 35 lakh families under the Aarogya Raksha scheme. The scheme is valid for people belonging to the Poverty line category.
- The family can get the benefit under the scheme by paying a premium of Rs 100 monthly for each person registered under the scheme. Apart from this over 1.3 crore BPL families will also be covered under the Dr. NTR Vaidya Seva Health Insurance scheme.
- In the state of Telangana, the state government shall be implementing the Aarogyasri health insurance scheme. Under this scheme the government will offer with insurance benefit to BPL families of the state with a coverage of Rs 2.50 lakh per family for free of cost.
3 Tamil Nadu
- The scheme is a type of Comprehensive health insurance scheme and was officially launched by DMK regime in the year 2009. Under the scheme the state government offers coverage for over 1.54 crore families.
- The scheme is designed to offer coverage equivalent to Rs 2 lakh per beneficiary such that each beneficiary can take full benefit of over 1027 medical procedures. The scheme has presently been expended by the AIADMK government.
- Within the state of Chhattisgarh the state government as ensured that each family within the state is offered coverage under CMs Swasthya Bima Yojana. Under this insurance scheme the state government offers insurance coverage to families by issuing insurance cards for Rs 60 value.
- The state government has also stated that to offer with maximum benefit under this scheme it has already issued with over 60 lakh insurance cards till date. The insurance premium is paid by the state government for the registered beneficiaries.
- With an aim to offer health coverage benefit to more number of beneficiaries within the state the government led by congress has announced to merge 7 already existing state and central government insurance scheme under one single scheme.
- The insurance scheme is linked for the beneficiaries with their biometrics of Aadhar card and is designed to offer benefit to over 1.4 crore households presently. Under the scheme each of the beneficiary is offered with cashless medical treatment.
- He state government has announced that the treatment can be offered for a coverage of Rs 1.5 lakhs that is valid in selected private and government hospitals within the state. In case the beneficiary belongs to economically weaker section of the society then the treatment is provided for free.
6 Himachal Pradesh
- Within the state the government has introduced three distinct health protection schemes for different sections of the society. The Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana offers with coverage of Rs 30,000 by the central government.
- The CMs Swasthya Bima Yojana offers with coverage of Rs 2.5 lakhs to the beneficiaries belonging to the vulnerable class of the society while the Universal health care scheme offers coverage that is equivalent to Rs 30,000 for each beneficiary that has not availed benefit under the above two schemes.
7 West Bengal
- A coverage of Rs 1.5 lakh is offered under the Swasthya Sathi scheme in the form of basic health care. In case of critical conditions the coverage of Rs 5 lakh is also offered under the same scheme.
- Presently the scheme is offering coverage to over 45 lakh beneficiary families and 3 crore individuals. The state government invests all money as premium under the scheme.
- The health insurance scheme comprehensive type was launched in 2008 by state government. The scheme was launched to offer benefit to the BPL families. Under the scheme the government offers a coverage of Rs 30,000 to each beneficiary.
- To take eligibility under the scheme the five members of the BPL family will be offered with benefit of insurance. Each beneficiary will be offered with low premium of Rs 30 yearly. The government also launched another scheme in 2012 for families having annual income below Rs 3 lakh.
- In the state of Punjab the government had introduced the Bhagat Puran Singh Sehat Bima Yojana. The scheme was designed to offer coverage to BPL families. The government had also selected over 37 lakh families for offering coverage under the scheme.
- According to the latest updates the Congress state government is planning to offer with Universal Health Scheme for covering over states 60 lakh households under the same scheme.
- Each of the residents within the state and who has been a resident for last five years will be offered with coverage under the medical scheme introduced by the government.
- Under the scheme each of the beneficiary will be offered with Rs 4 lakh minimum coverage for medical expenses where the family has maximum of four members registered under the scheme. The scheme will offer coverage to over 2 lakh people.
- Till date the Bihar state government does not offer with any health insurance coverage scheme. The government has announced to launch the CM medical help fund program within the state to offer medical assistance to individuals who are having annual income below Rs 1 lakh in value.