Madhu Babu Pension Yojana in Odisha (MBPY) 2020 (Online Application Form Download, Beneficiary New List, Amount, Eligibility, Portal, Check Status)
Many people, living in the villages and cities of Odisha do not have financial security. Some are physically handicapped, while others are burdened by age and cannot earn their livelihood. Uneducated widows and unmarried females also face financial crisis. The Odisha government designed, developed and implemented a pension scheme for such individuals. Under the Madhu Babu Pension Scheme, the beneficiaries will attain a specific grant from the state government. You will get details of the various aspects of this scheme from this article.
Launch details of the scheme
|Name of the pension scheme||Madhu Babu Pension Yojana|
|Launched by||Naveen Patnaik|
|Launch date||January 2008|
|Implementation date||2008 – 2009|
|Target beneficiaries||Aged individuals, physically challenged people and widows|
|Scheme monitored by||Odisha Social Security and Empowerment Department|
Key features of the pension scheme
- Financial security – The main objective of this scheme is to provide the needy with financial and social security.
- Pension amount – Earlier, the pension amount was fixed at Rs. 300. Later, the Chief Minister announced that the grant amount has been increased to Rs. 500 for 60 to 79 year age group and Rs. 700 for 80 years and above.
- Payment frequency – The pension will be issued in the name of the beneficiary on a monthly basis.
- Payment Mode – The pension amount will be deposited in the bank account of the beneficiary. The Direct Benefit Transfer mode has been selected to ensure transparency in the process.
- Total beneficiaries – Around 50 lakhs individuals are getting the perks of this pension scheme. The Odisha government has highlighted that the number will only go up in the future.
- Application date – The scheme draft highlights that the interested applicants can register for the scheme at any time. But the submission of the registration form must be completed before the 15th day of every month.
Click Here for getting Free Laptop in Odisha
Eligibility for the applicants
- Must be a resident of Odisha – Only the legal and permanent inhabitants of the state will be eligible to apply for the scheme benefits.
- Financially weak community members – The candidate needs to belong to the BPL or EWS category to acquire the pension.
- Family income requirement – If the annual income of the applicant’s family is more than Rs. 24000, then the application will be rejected by the state government.
- Age criterion for senior applicants – The elderly applicants will be able to apply if they have crosses the age of 60 years.
- Requirement for the widows – The widows can only apply if they have not remarried again.
- Requirement for disabled adults – If a person has suffered from an amputation, or is suffering from leprosy or other physical disabilities, then such applicants can opt for this scheme.
- Requirement for disabled youngsters – For young disabled applicants, they need to be above the age of 5 years to get the economic assistance from Odisha government.
- Patients suffering from AIDS – The Chief Minister highlighted that the AIDS patients will also get the grant on a monthly basis, if they fulfill the other requirements.
- Unmarried female applicants – Unmarried females, who have crosses the age of 30 years, can also apply for the financial assistance scheme.
- No legal cases – If it is discovered that the applicant has a criminal record, he/she will be barred from acquiring the benefits of this scheme.
- Not a beneficiary of other pension projects – In case the applicant already enjoys the perks of another pension scheme, then his/her application will be rejected by the Odisha government.
Click Here for Download Biju Swasthya kalyan Yojana Form
Documents necessary for registration
- Residential proof – Every applicant needs to furnish residential documents, which have been supplied by the state government of Odisha.
- Aadhar card – It is mandatory for the interested applicants to attach a copy of their Aadhar Card for easing the background checking process.
- BPL certificate – It has been highlighted in the scheme draft that applicants must submit photocopies of their BPL certificates.
- Income certificate – All interested candidates must attach a pertinent family income certificate with the application form for scrutiny.
- Age proof – The senior citizen and the unmarried female applicants must offer a copy of their age proof to support their claims.
- Death certificate of the husband – If a widow wants to apply for this scheme, then she must produce a copy of her husband’s death certificate.
- Disability certificate – It is mandatory for the applicants to submit documents, which shed light on the disease, the type and percentage of disability.
- Declaration document – Apart from the documents, which have been mentioned above, the candidate needs to submit a self-declaration that highlight that he/she is not an outlaw, and does not attain any financial perks under similar pension projects.
Click here to check Kalia Yojana New Final List
How to get registration form and enrol?
- Online portal –
The Odisha state government has launched a separate portal for the scheme. One can get to this website by clicking on the link Madhu Babu Pension Yojana Portal.
- Portal for information –
The launch of the portal has been done to offer information to the interested candidates.
- Offline registration process –
The popularity of the offline application process comparatively high among the candidates.
- Collecting the application document –
The candidate can get the enrolment form for free of cost from the Block Development Office. The same is available from the Municipality and Gram Panchayat offices.
- Form fill-up –
The candidate must take the necessary measures to ensure that he/she fills in the enrolment document with correct details.
- Document attachment –
The documents, mentioned above, must be attached with the registration form.
- Submission of the enrolment form –
The documents must be submitted at the BDO office, Municipal office of the Gram Panchayat office.
The Odisha government has always paid attention to the needs of the state residents. The Chief Minister promised that his government will offer financial support for the vulnerable community members. The implementation of this scheme was a comprehensive step in this direction.
Other links –
- मुख्यमंत्री विश्वकर्मा निर्माण श्रमिक मृत्यु एवं दिव्यांग सहायता योजना छत्तीसगढ़
- मुख्यमंत्री आवास योजना दिल्ली
- Food Security Scheme in Odisha
- Biju Krushak Kalyan Yojana Form